America's coming cooked up anti-China election campaign?

Discussion of current events
dagbay

Re: America's coming cooked up anti-China election campaign?

Post by dagbay » Mon May 11, 2020 9:25 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 1:26 pm
dagbay wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 8:02 am
There was this theory that Chairman Xi saw the future destruction of the Chinese economy back in January and decided to level the field. By blocking travel from Wuhan to the rest of China but kept airports open for international travel expecting infection to spread while claiming no human to human transmission.
Any proof?

NF, just look at flights to Europe during January with a list of destinations including Italy and France. The USA and Canada got their share too.
ABC news: "he data shows that 3,200 flights flew from China to the U.S., including more than 1,000 flights that went to Los Angeles and nearly 500 each landed in San Francisco and New York – all three among the eventual hot spots of the COVID-19 outbreak in the U.S. More than 100 flights from China arrived in six other American cities: Chicago, Seattle, Detroit, Dallas, Washington, D.C., and Newark, N.J."

AP: " In the weeks before President Donald Trump spoke from the Oval Office this week to announce restrictions on travelers from more than two dozen countries in Europe, thousands of people from the region already had stepped off planes at U.S. airports, and an untold number of them may have carried the coronavirus.

The same can be said of flights from China in the weeks before the U.S. clamped down on those. Thousands who visited the country where the illness began had entered the United States without any kind of health review."

Though you can say that the airport operations were operating under the WHO advisory at the time https://www.who.int/news-room/articles- ... s-in-china

For actual WUH to Europe/US historic arrival data, you need subscriptions to aviation and immigration data sites.
I'd rather be diving or flying alas for now I am on terra firma.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Tue May 12, 2020 12:02 am

dagbay wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 9:25 pm
neverfail wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 1:26 pm
dagbay wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 8:02 am
There was this theory that Chairman Xi saw the future destruction of the Chinese economy back in January and decided to level the field. By blocking travel from Wuhan to the rest of China but kept airports open for international travel expecting infection to spread while claiming no human to human transmission.
Any proof?

NF, just look at flights to Europe during January with a list of destinations including Italy and France. The USA and Canada got their share too.
ABC news: "he data shows that 3,200 flights flew from China to the U.S., including more than 1,000 flights that went to Los Angeles and nearly 500 each landed in San Francisco and New York – all three among the eventual hot spots of the COVID-19 outbreak in the U.S. More than 100 flights from China arrived in six other American cities: Chicago, Seattle, Detroit, Dallas, Washington, D.C., and Newark, N.J."

AP: " In the weeks before President Donald Trump spoke from the Oval Office this week to announce restrictions on travelers from more than two dozen countries in Europe, thousands of people from the region already had stepped off planes at U.S. airports, and an untold number of them may have carried the coronavirus.

The same can be said of flights from China in the weeks before the U.S. clamped down on those. Thousands who visited the country where the illness began had entered the United States without any kind of health review."

Though you can say that the airport operations were operating under the WHO advisory at the time https://www.who.int/news-room/articles- ... s-in-china

For actual WUH to Europe/US historic arrival data, you need subscriptions to aviation and immigration data sites.
So you believe that the global pandemic is the result of a conspiracy hatched in Beijing?

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue May 12, 2020 4:12 am

neverfail wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 4:46 pm
Doc wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:36 am
neverfail wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 6:33 am
Milo wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 4:36 pm
cassowary wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 1:48 am

He is protected if Pompeo does not divulge details that narrow the circle of suspects. The proof might reveal the identity of the spy.
I doubt the circle of suspects is more than a handful or that the CCP cares much about proof.
Pompeo, Trump's attack dog, is in any case preparing the ground for a China bashing re-election campaign. Truth once again being sacrificed on the alter of electioneering cheap popularity.
You are really getting full of yourself, aren't you? Do you find parroting CCP propaganda so highly rewarding?
No I am not! Nor am I unaware of the misdeeds of the CCP. You insult me by suggesting otherwise.
Then I am doing you a service by pointing out you are parroting CCP propaganda. You need to up your game.

I am, unlike yourself, not deliberately blind to the sins of either the Trump administration or the flaws and shortcomings of your system of government - and neither should you be. That the CCP may have sinned more is beside the point. The USA needs to lift its game.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Tue May 26, 2020 3:21 am

In an unusual joint article in Foreign Policy, three former senior CIA officials warned against the politicization of intelligence by the Trump administration. They wrote:

“This pattern of politicization is particularly concerning now, as the country confronts the coronavirus pandemic. The answers to key intelligence questions – Did the coronavirus emerge from nature or escape from a Chinese lab? To what extent did the Chinese government misrepresent the scope and scale of the epidemic? – will have profound implications for the future of U.S. national security policy, especially concerning China. We know Trump’s preferred answers to those questions. What we don’t know is whether the career analysts in US intelligence agencies will be allowed to speak the truth when they uncover it.”

https://asiatimes.com/2020/05/behind-tr ... ame-china/
The rest of the article is also worth reading.

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue May 26, 2020 7:52 am

Sertorio wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 3:21 am
In an unusual joint article in Foreign Policy, three former senior CIA officials warned against the politicization of intelligence by the Trump administration. They wrote:

“This pattern of politicization is particularly concerning now, as the country confronts the coronavirus pandemic. The answers to key intelligence questions – Did the coronavirus emerge from nature or escape from a Chinese lab? To what extent did the Chinese government misrepresent the scope and scale of the epidemic? – will have profound implications for the future of U.S. national security policy, especially concerning China. We know Trump’s preferred answers to those questions. What we don’t know is whether the career analysts in US intelligence agencies will be allowed to speak the truth when they uncover it.”

https://asiatimes.com/2020/05/behind-tr ... ame-china/
The rest of the article is also worth reading.
In an unusual joint article in Foreign Policy, three former(OBAMA ADMINISTRATION) senior CIA officials warned against the politicization of intelligence by the Trump administration. They wrote:
This is What Real Politicization Looks Like:

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/05/2 ... s-a-doozy/

‘Charged with a crime they KNEW he didn’t commit’: John Huber’s thread on what the Deep State tried to do to George Papadopoulos is a DOOZY
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Tue May 26, 2020 1:37 pm

Doc, please do not have the bare-faced impertenent of accusing me of being a dupe of PRC propaganda as I can assure you that I am not that. Instead I would humbly suggest that you should cease believing all of those bullshit tweets from "de big mah-n" in the White House and learn to think your own thoughts just for a change. Do you believe that Trump is any less of a liar in promoting hi s ambitions just because he is incumbent POTUS?