Sopa de Wuhan (Wuhan Soup)

Discussion of current events
cassowary

Re: People must work to put food on the table.

Post by cassowary » Thu May 07, 2020 3:51 am

neverfail wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 3:00 am
cassowary wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 1:53 am
Even the US has a food shortage because of the lockdown..

The lockdown was a terrible blunder the world made. It must be ended except for the vulnerable.
Well, we have been in lockdown here in Australia for weeks and there is no sign of any food shortage out here....

(...but then, this country is a bloody marvel! :lol: :D )
Neither is there food shortage here in Singapore. Rich countries like the US, Australia and Singapore can survive a bit longer without people working. But no nation can last forever without people working. The first to suffer will be the poor in each society. Then poverty will spread to the higher income groups.
The Imp :D

Doc

Post by Doc » Thu May 07, 2020 9:08 am

neverfail wrote:
cassowary wrote:

The lockdown was a terrible blunder the world made. It must be ended except for the vulnerable.
Well, we have been in lockdown here in Australia for weeks and there is no sign of any food shortage out here....

Congratulations Apparently your CCP overlords apparently have done a good job.

Better be careful though that they don't get upset with Oz.

“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Thu May 07, 2020 3:06 pm

Doc wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 9:08 am
neverfail wrote:
cassowary wrote:

:P

Thanks for the unsolicited advice doc.

Doc

Post by Doc » Thu May 07, 2020 7:11 pm

neverfail wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 3:06 pm
Doc wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 9:08 am
neverfail wrote:
cassowary wrote:

:P

Thanks for the unsolicited advice doc.
Gee as if you didn't start this by giving unsolicited advice. :roll: Full enough yet?
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Thu May 07, 2020 11:22 pm

cassowary wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 3:51 am
Neither is there food shortage here in Singapore. Rich countries like the US, Australia and Singapore can survive a bit longer without people working. But no nation can last forever without people working. The first to suffer will be the poor in each society. Then poverty will spread to the higher income groups.
That goes without saying!

cassowary

Re: Sopa de Wuhan (Wuhan Soup)

Post by cassowary » Fri May 15, 2020 1:22 am

Singapore had 800 new cases of COVID-19 on Friday. But out of that bunch, only one is Singaporean. The rest came from the foreign workers community, mostly from the Indian subcontinent.

We are in lockdown because of these foreigners.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Fri May 15, 2020 4:07 pm

cassowary wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 1:22 am
Singapore had 800 new cases of COVID-19 on Friday. But out of that bunch, only one is Singaporean. The rest came from the foreign workers community, mostly from the Indian subcontinent.

The Singapore economy has been propped up for years by the labours of those foreign workers Cass. They have been doing the work for which there are not enough Singaporians-by-birth to undertake. Often low status but necessary work that these locals would rather not do themselves. Instead of disdaining them as contemptable "disposables"; is it not high time that Singaporeans extended solidarity to them as fellow-human beings in their present day plight?

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Fri May 15, 2020 8:28 pm

neverfail wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 4:07 pm
cassowary wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 1:22 am

The Singapore economy has been propped up for years by the labours of those foreign workers Cass. They have been doing the work for which there are not enough Singaporians-by-birth to undertake. Often low status but necessary work that these locals would rather not do themselves. Instead of disdaining them as contemptable "disposables"; is it not high time that Singaporeans extended solidarity to them as fellow-human beings in their present day plight?
Yes, we are doing what we can to help them. But we forgot that these are third world people who need a different approach to get them to do social distancing.

For example, in Indonesia 🇮🇩, they had to employ ghosts to get them to stay at home at night.
/Indonesian villagers dress up as ghosts to spook superstitious locals into staying indoors

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Fri May 15, 2020 9:48 pm

This is how third world people practice social distancing:

0DE0791F-FD06-4A77-A8A1-9400DCF41BED.jpeg
0DE0791F-FD06-4A77-A8A1-9400DCF41BED.jpeg (37.66 KiB) Viewed 294 times
To be fair, their crowded dorms is also a major factor as to why so many FW get infected. But so is their lack of understanding.

Doc

Post by Doc » Sat May 16, 2020 6:32 am

cassowary wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 9:48 pm
This is how third world people practice social distancing:

0DE0791F-FD06-4A77-A8A1-9400DCF41BED.jpeg

To be fair, their crowded dorms is also a major factor as to why so many FW get infected. But so is their lack of understanding.
That is too funny :D