Re: How will the world change on the other side of the Corona Epidemic

Post by armchair_pundit » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:34 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:36 am
Milo wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:59 am
Only China is in a position to help,
?
Obviously. Having passed the worst of the crisis, China has now a surplus of medical personnel and equipment which can be used to help other countries.
Well Obviously, because they say they have, and that they will. Paragons of virtue are the Chinese...

Give it to us and then clean it up. Uh huh.

How many "dissidents" wound up in the crematoriums along with the victims. Of course (or Obviously) ZERO, because they say so...

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:08 pm

armchair_pundit wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:34 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Milo wrote:
?
Obviously. Having passed the worst of the crisis, China has now a surplus of medical personnel and equipment which can be used to help other countries.
Well Obviously, because they say they have, and that they will. Paragons of virtue are the Chinese...

How many "dissidents" wound up in the crematoriums along with the victims. Of course (or Obviously) ZERO, because they say so...
Do you actually believe all the things you write?... :o :o :o

armchair_pundit

Post by armchair_pundit » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:47 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:08 pm
armchair_pundit wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:34 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Milo wrote:
?

Do you actually believe all the things you write?... :o :o :o
Well, lets go 1 by 1 and see. Then you can but, but Chinese Totalitarianism is so wonderful because, ok? And its all the USA's fault but the USA is effed and gonna die anyway...

Absolutely I believe this as does most of the rest of the world. They have lied and obfuscated from the beginning. Of course they are not lying now...

Again, yes, as most of the world knows that the virus began in China, and because of above lying and obfuscation, ensured its spread across the globe, intentional or not, we will never know.

Now they have turned their propaganda machine to saying the the US military released a bio weapon on them. Ah yes, Paragons of Virtue, the Chinese are.

After reporting severe supply shortages and their physicians (when not under state leash or disappeared) reporting severe shortages and breakdowns of their system, just miraculously the Chinese are ready to export their "Health Silk Road" and their humanitarian methods of dealing with the virus. 2 weeks from welding people in their homes to "Alls Well!" Well, obviously...

How many "dissidents" wound up in the crematoriums along with the victims.

Do I have photos like from Auschwitz, no, but maybe the Uighurs have a few. Do I believe that the PRC would use the complete chaos and unaccountable deaths as they have handled it, to nefarious purpose?

Yes, and I am not surprised of your embrace and cheerleading for the PRC.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:21 pm

Can any of us forecast how the world will turn out in the wake of this epidemic? It has still to run its course.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:24 am

dagbay wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:26 am
Attempting to forecast the changes that this event will cause to the world as we knew it. I believe that globalization will take a few steps back and boarders will be remade where they were taken down. Urbanization might also be retarded as the impact on large urban centers would be harsh. Demographic changes might also become pronounced. Any ideas?
More manufacturing will go back home for the US. This crisis resulted in disruption of the supply chain and laid bare the US dependence on China whose government hates the US.

Value of office blocks will decline as companies decide to let more employees work from home.

A return to nationalism in Europe because some EU countries like Germany shut their borders amidst the Wuhan virus crisis.

When push comes to shove, Europeans take care of their own kind and the EU solidarity is kicked aside.
The Imp :D

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:25 am

cassowary wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:24 am
dagbay wrote:
Attempting to forecast the changes that this event will cause to the world as we knew it. I believe that globalization will take a few steps back and boarders will be remade where they were taken down. Urbanization might also be retarded as the impact on large urban centers would be harsh. Demographic changes might also become pronounced. Any ideas?
More manufacturing will go back home for the US. This crisis resulted in disruption of the supply chain and laid bare the US dependence on China whose government hates the US.

Value of office blocks will decline as companies decide to let more employees work from home.

A return to nationalism in Europe because some EU countries like Germany shut their borders amidst the Wuhan virus crisis.

When push comes to shove, Europeans take care of their own kind and the EU solidarity is kicked aside.
I heard the Italians asked the Germans for help early on and the Germans said no.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:31 am

How about not just the US but the CCP forfeits all it is owed by the world as partial compensation for the crimes against humanity it has done?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... rus-crisis
Republican congressman calls on Trump to make China forgive US debt over coronavirus crisis
by Emma Colton
| March 17, 2020 10:07 AM
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:48 am

Doc wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:25 am
cassowary wrote:
dagbay wrote:

I heard the Italians asked the Germans for help early on and the Germans said no.
Exactly. So much for being part of the EU. The Germans will take care of the Germans first. Everybody takes care of their own first. It’s Germany first for the Germans. Next time somebody complains about Trump’s America First, Tell them they everybody is doing the same.
The Imp :D

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:29 am

cassowary wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:48 am
Doc wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:25 am
cassowary wrote:
dagbay wrote:

Exactly. So much for being part of the EU. The Germans will take care of the Germans first. Everybody takes care of their own first. It’s Germany first for the Germans. Next time somebody complains about Trump’s America First, Tell them they everybody is doing the same.
True. As things stand now each country is mostly concerned about its own interests, but once Europe has reached some form of political union (as a confederacy) no longer will the strongest countries in Europe be able to impose their will on the others. There may be calls for Europe First, but no longer for Germany, or France First. This is not a dream, it is quite possible to achieve, maybe in the not so far future.

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:50 am

XI just bought Brazil

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN21B2H2

Brazil's Bolsonaro buries hatchet with China's Xi to fight coronavirus
"Pooh isn't selling. Pooh's buying"