Planet of the apes?

Discussion of current events
Doc

Planet of the apes?

Post by Doc » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:30 pm

Hungry monkeys brawl over food as coronavirus hits tourism in Thailand

A large crowd of monkeys has been filmed brawling over a pot of yoghurt in a street in Thailand. A fall in tourist numbers amid the Covid-19 outbreak has resulted in far fewer people offering them food

Stupid Monkeys Don't they realize they can substitute toilet paper for yogurt as a survival food?
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

cassowary

Re: Planet of the apes?

Post by cassowary » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:01 pm

Doc wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:30 pm

A large crowd of monkeys has been filmed brawling over a pot of yoghurt in a street in Thailand. A fall in tourist numbers amid the Covid-19 outbreak has resulted in far fewer people offering them food

Stupid Monkeys Don't they realize they can substitute toilet paper for yogurt as a survival food?
Today, monkeys. Tomorrow it might be humans. That's you.
The Imp :D

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:21 am

cassowary wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:01 pm
Doc wrote:

I heard that Singapore announced ahead of time that it is going to close its borders. Now people from Malaysia are rushing to enter. Is this true Cass?
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:31 pm

Doc wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:21 am
cassowary wrote:
Doc wrote:

I heard that Singapore announced ahead of time that it is going to close its borders. Now people from Malaysia are rushing to enter. Is this true Cass?
No, It was Malaysia that announced that it was closing its borders. Nobody gets in and nobody gets out as of Midnight March 18.

Covid 19: Malaysia is the worst hit country in SE Asia

Covid cases exploded after a Muslim religious gathering numbering 16,000 people.

The view last night at the Singapore - Malaysia Causeway:

Notice one side of the causeway is empty and the other side is jammed with traffic. Nobody wants to go to Malaysia and thousands are leaving Malaysia for Singapore.

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:16 pm

cassowary wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:31 pm
Doc wrote:
cassowary wrote:
Doc wrote:

No, It was Malaysia that announced that it was closing its borders. Nobody gets in and nobody gets out as of Midnight March 18.

Covid cases exploded after a Muslim religious gathering numbering 16,000 people.

Notice one side of the causeway is empty and the other side is jammed with traffic. Nobody wants to go to Malaysia and thousands are leaving Malaysia for Singapore.
Not good. Did you know that 30 of the states of the US were first infected by coronavirus from people traveling from Europe? Trump closed the border to China but waited too long to close it to Europeans. In fact most of the US coronavirus infections are derived from European connection threads.

European governments and Democrats were complaining both when Trump closed the border to Chinese or anyone that had traveled to China and when he closed the border to Europeans. Now European governments are closing their own borders much too late.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:13 am

Doc wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:16 pm
cassowary wrote:
Doc wrote:
cassowary wrote:
Doc wrote:

Not good. Did you know that 30 of the states of the US were first infected by coronavirus from people traveling from Europe? Trump closed the border to China but waited too long to close it to Europeans. In fact most of the US coronavirus infections are derived from European connection threads.

European governments and Democrats were complaining both when Trump closed the border to Chinese or anyone that had traveled to China and when he closed the border to Europeans. Now European governments are closing their own borders much too late.
We need to shut the borders too.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:53 am

cassowary wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:13 am

Although partially shutting borders may help circumscribing the epidemic, sometimes I think that shutting people's mouths could do a lot more to control it... :D

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:01 am

Sertorio wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:53 am
cassowary wrote:

Although partially shutting borders may help circumscribing the epidemic, sometimes I think that shutting people's mouths could do a lot more to control it... :D
That's true. We should tell people to talk less in crowded situations.

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:34 am

cassowary wrote:
Doc wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:16 pm
cassowary wrote:
Doc wrote:
cassowary wrote:
Doc wrote:

Dispite teh advice from the WHo everyone needs to shut down their borders. If one thing is clear it is that modern travel is spreading the virus.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:12 pm

Doc wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:34 am

Dispite teh advice from the WHo everyone needs to shut down their borders. If one thing is clear it is that modern travel is spreading the virus.
With international borders (including ours) closing down international travel is now doomed. Anticipate bankrupt airlines and defunct travel companies.