Dozens in Iran die from drinking bootleg alcohol to prevent coronavirus infection

Discussion of current events
Doc

Dozens in Iran die from drinking bootleg alcohol to prevent coronavirus infection

Post by Doc » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:07 pm

https://www.foxnews.com/world/iran-coro ... -poisoning
Dozens in Iran die from drinking bootleg alcohol to prevent coronavirus infection: reports
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Sertorio

Re: Dozens in Iran die from drinking bootleg alcohol to prevent coronavirus infection

Post by Sertorio » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:51 am

Doc wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:07 pm
Dozens in Iran die from drinking bootleg alcohol to prevent coronavirus infection: reports
The Prophet, blessed be his name, knew very well that alcohol should be forbidden, since those idiots in his region couldn't be trusted to make a decent drink... :D

Doc

Re: Dozens in Iran die from drinking bootleg alcohol to prevent coronavirus infection

Post by Doc » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:08 am

Sertorio wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:51 am
Doc wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:07 pm
The Prophet, blessed be his name, knew very well that alcohol should be forbidden, since those idiots in his region couldn't be trusted to make a decent drink... :D
Maybe it was the 72 virgins label.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

lzzrdgrrl

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:23 pm

Let's see..... there's cool mint:

....and original flavour....'>....:

I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

Doc

Post by Doc » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:40 am

lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:23 pm
Let's see..... there's cool mint:

....and original flavour....'>....:

As I recall these products contain alcohol.... Maybe it could be distilled....

dagbay

Post by dagbay » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:25 pm

On a serious note - What is going on in Iran? ZH reports unofficially over 3.5 millions, about 10K officially infected people of 80 million population and 30% of the cabinet ministers are infected yet only 427 officially died? Contrast this with Italy with more than 15K confirmed infected and a 1000 deaths.
I'd rather be diving or flying alas for now I am on terra firma.

Doc

Post by Doc » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:14 pm

dagbay wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:25 pm
On a serious note - What is going on in Iran? ZH reports unofficially over 3.5 millions, about 10K officially infected people of 80 million population and 30% of the cabinet ministers are infected yet only 427 officially died? Contrast this with Italy with more than 15K confirmed infected and a 1000 deaths.
1) Belt and Road

2) Doctors were saying there were 50 dead in Qom. Which the health minister denied in a press conference where he was coughing uncontrollably. Later that day he tested positive for coronavirus.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:55 am

dagbay wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:25 pm
They don't have a good medical system that gives accurate reports. This is typical of third world countries. It should be noted that Iran has a high rate of diabetes because of their fondness of sweet deserts. So this may be the cause of their higher mortality rate plus poor medical facilities.
The Imp :D