Page 1 of 4

Bernie Sanders can't see what's wrong with Cuba

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:31 pm
by cassowary
Former Castro Prisoner Recalls Sanders Saying, 'I Don't Know What's So Wrong' With Cuba
During the one-hour meeting, Sanders told the prisoner that he didn't understand why others criticized Cuba, Gross said in an interview with NPR.

"He said, quote: 'I don't know what's so wrong with this country,' " Gross recalled.
Bernie made this shocking comment to an American, Alan Gross, languishing in Castro's jail on trumped up charges. This goes far beyond praising Cuba's literacy rate (Why didn't Bernie praise capitalist Singapore's literacy rate?) Bernie is blind to dictators so long as they are Socialist.

I am afraid that Comrade Bernie is the dangerous type of Socialist. He will turn the US into a dictatorship like Cuba that he admires if he gets the chance. I have said before there are two types of Socialists - the Democratic type who wants to implement Socialism democratically and the revolutionary type who wants to overthrow Capitalism and implement Socialism at the point of the gun.

I know an old man who was a senior officer in the Special Branch battling the Socialist revolutionaries. Let's call him Joe. A constant dilemma for him was to decide who was a genuine Democratic Socialist and who was a revolutionary. The former were allowed to participate in elections while the latter were jailed without trial.

Jailing people without trial is not democratic. On the other hand, allowing people who want to tear down democracy to have a free hand to subvert the system was foolish. How to maintain democracy while protecting democracy from those who wanted to destroy it was Joe's dilemma. The revolutionaries had infiltrated newspapers and political parties which seem to have happened in America too.

Bernie Sanders is a good example. I think Joe would have arrested him.

Re: Bernie Sanders can't see what's wrong with Cuba

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:40 pm
by neverfail
Rather than "dangerous socialist" I would be more inclined to tag poor Bernie as a bloody fool!

Do you fancy contesting a presidential election in the USA and coming out with that?

There are dangerous elements in the Left. Don't be complacent.

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:58 pm
by cassowary
neverfail wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:40 pm
Rather than "dangerous socialist" I would be more inclined to tag poor Bernie as a bloody fool!

Do you fancy contesting a presidential election in the USA and coming out with that?
I am not thinking of how Bernie's opponents should tag him. I am telling people here who take their democracies for granted that some people from the left are dangerous because if they succeed, democracy dies.

So it is an useful practice for us to classify leftists into revolutionary socialists and democratic socialists. The former are dangerous people. So every Socialist will claim to be Democratic Socialist. People from the west are too complacent about Socialism because they have enjoyed democracy for so long.

They therefore cannot see the threat that exists from some elements of the left. This is despite the recent attempt to kill Republicans by one of Bernie's acolytes. Remember what happened to Scalise? He was shot by a Bernie supporter. Then there are people like Jurek who wanted to bring the gulag to America. Jurek is working for Bernie.

Bernie is dangerous. This is not to say that even if he wins the White House, he will turn the US into a dictatorship. America has strong institutions and checks and balances. It is not so easy. But why give power to someone who presents a danger to democracy?

Re: Bernie Sanders can't see what's wrong with Cuba

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:15 pm
by Milo
There’s no reason to think this story is accurate.

Re: There are dangerous elements in the Left. Don't be complacent.

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:44 pm
by Doc
cassowary wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:58 pm
neverfail wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:40 pm
Rather than "dangerous socialist" I would be more inclined to tag poor Bernie as a bloody fool!

Do you fancy contesting a presidential election in the USA and coming out with that?
I am not thinking of how Bernie's opponents should tag him. I am telling people here who take their democracies for granted that some people from the left are dangerous because if they succeed, democracy dies.

So it is an useful practice for us to classify leftists into revolutionary socialists and democratic socialists. The former are dangerous people. So every Socialist will claim to be Democratic Socialist. People from the west are too complacent about Socialism because they have enjoyed democracy for so long.

They therefore cannot see the threat that exists from some elements of the left. This is despite the recent attempt to kill Republicans by one of Bernie's acolytes. Remember what happened to Scalise? He was shot by a Bernie supporter. Then there are people like Jurek who wanted to bring the gulag to America. Jurek is working for Bernie.

Bernie is dangerous. This is not to say that even if he wins the White House, he will turn the US into a dictatorship. America has strong institutions and checks and balances. It is not so easy. But why give power to someone who presents a danger to democracy?
Cass Bernie is anything but dangerous. There was never any chance that the Democrat establishment would accept Bernie as their standard bearer. Especially when Hillary is conniving to get the nomination.

Not going to happen. Bernie has every right to run for POTUS and the Democrats only allowed him to run as a democrat because they wanted the voters he would bring to their side. But they never intended to allow him to win. They will do anything including smearing him for colluding with Russia if it were to look like he would win.

That is who they are. Which is why they are so dangerous to this democracy. Joe "Super Thursday" Biden who is "running for the senate" Can you imagine how he would be told how to run the country? All they would have to do is tell him he is the Vice President, not the President. He wouldn't even know the difference. Maybe that is what the Dem establishment really wants. Power without have to put their name on it. No chance of taking the blame. That would really be dangerous.



Birds of feather flock Together.

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:21 am
by cassowary
Milo wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:15 pm
There’s no reason to think this story is accurate.
There is every reason to think this story is accurate because of the company Bernie keeps. One of his supporters nearly killed Scalise. Another wants to bring the Gulags to America. And Bernie chose to go to the Soviet Union for his honeymoon.

Birds of Feather flock together.

Re: You judge the book too much by it's dustcover.

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:27 am
by neverfail
cassowary wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:21 am
Milo wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:15 pm
There’s no reason to think this story is accurate.
There is every reason to think this story is accurate because of the company Bernie keeps. One of his supporters nearly killed Scalise. Another wants to bring the Gulags to America. And Bernie chose to go to the Soviet Union for his honeymoon.

Birds of Feather flock together.
Well, as Doc just pointed out it is very unlikely that the Democrats Party establishment would permit Bernie to become their candidate for President.

(Which in one way is a pity. I sometimes get the impression that Bernie is the one honest man trying to do his best in the midst of a den of thieves.)

If he did become their candidate then he would then have to run the gamut of the election campaign. A big ask especially for a candidate reputedly not well endowed with funds.

Then if despite his very poor chances he won anyhow, do you really believe that the man who becomes president can do just anything he wants? You apparently ignore the checks and balances built into their system of government?

Even Trump, after run ins with Congress, once publicly admitted that being POTUS is not as easy as it looks. Very likely the US establishment would soon educate Bernie to dispense with his lefty affections (and that is all they seem to be.)

Re: You judge the book too much by it's dustcover.

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:35 am
by cassowary
neverfail wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:27 am
[
Then if despite his very poor chances he won anyhow, do you really believe that the man who becomes president can do just anything he wants? You apparently ignore the checks and balances built into their system of government?
I didn't. I specifically mentioned it. You did not read what I wrote earlier.

Re: You judge the book too much by it's dustcover.

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:35 pm
by neverfail
cassowary wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:35 am
neverfail wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:27 am
[
Then if despite his very poor chances he won anyhow, do you really believe that the man who becomes president can do just anything he wants? You apparently ignore the checks and balances built into their system of government?
I didn't. I specifically mentioned it. You did not read what I wrote earlier.
Yes I did! Reading is one thing but agreeing with it is something else altogether.

Re: You judge the book too much by it's dustcover.

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:30 pm
by cassowary
neverfail wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:35 pm
cassowary wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:35 am
neverfail wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:27 am
[
Then if despite his very poor chances he won anyhow, do you really believe that the man who becomes president can do just anything he wants? You apparently ignore the checks and balances built into their system of government?
I didn't. I specifically mentioned it. You did not read what I wrote earlier.
Yes I did! Reading is one thing but agreeing with it is something else altogether.
Then, apparently you forgot I mentioned checks and balances and said it was not easy to turn the US into a dictatorship. That’s exactly what you said.

But why vote for someone who wants the US to be a dictatorship like Cuba which Comrade Bernie admires. Just because he is likely to be thwarted does not take away his evil intention.