Bernie Sanders can't see what's wrong with Cuba

Discussion of current events
neverfail
Posts: 4958
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Birds of Feather flock together.

Post by neverfail » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:48 am

cassowary wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:02 pm
neverfail wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:28 pm
cassowary wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:41 am
I don’t agree. I think it’s left wing news sources that publish fake news.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh Cass! I hope that you are aware that anyone who can seriously allege that left wing publications propagate fake news while leaving the impression that right ring ones are underingly of such high integrity as to be incapable of anything so underhand exposes himself to ridicule as an unmitigated fool? :)
You see neverfail, I come from a part of the world uninflected by the virus of political correctness.
No Cassowary! That (above) canard is not a valid response at all.

I know not how accurately your published views reflect the concensus of opinion in your "part of the world" but if it does then that corner of the earth must be steeped in vile reaction.

".......uninflected by the virus of political correctness." So was Nazi Germany - just as the regime there was unaffected by "the virus" on common decency!

Wake up, Cass!

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 3827
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: Birds of Feather flock together.

Post by cassowary » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:17 am

neverfail wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:48 am
cassowary wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:02 pm
neverfail wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:28 pm
cassowary wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:41 am
I don’t agree. I think it’s left wing news sources that publish fake news.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh Cass! I hope that you are aware that anyone who can seriously allege that left wing publications propagate fake news while leaving the impression that right ring ones are underingly of such high integrity as to be incapable of anything so underhand exposes himself to ridicule as an unmitigated fool? :)
You see neverfail, I come from a part of the world uninflected by the virus of political correctness.
No Cassowary! That (above) canard is not a valid response at all.

I know not how accurately your published views reflect the concensus of opinion in your "part of the world" but if it does then that corner of the earth must be steeped in vile reaction.

".......uninflected by the virus of political correctness." So was Nazi Germany - just as the regime there was unaffected by "the virus" on common decency!

Wake up, Cass!
Nazi Germany was different. We don't put people into gas chambers.

If, as Dr M, says his people are lazy and dishonest, then he was trying to make them correct their ways so that they can progress. I think black Americans also have their flaws such as the high rate of single parenthood and absent fathers. But political correctness prevent people from pointing this out lest they be accused of being racist or white supremacist.

Instead, the Democrats encourage them to believe that it is all the fault of white racists. The problem cannot be solved if the diagnosis is wrong.
The Imp :D

neverfail
Posts: 4958
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Birds of Feather flock together.

Post by neverfail » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:11 pm

cassowary wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:17 am
neverfail wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:48 am


:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh Cass! I hope that you are aware that anyone who can seriously allege that left wing publications propagate fake news while leaving the impression that right ring ones are underingly of such high integrity as to be incapable of anything so underhand exposes himself to ridicule as an unmitigated fool? :)

Nazi Germany was different.
Nazi Germany was utterly intolerant of all dissenting voices and set out to violently crush all opposition - including Germany's socialists and communists (but going by the content of your posts over the years you might not disapprove of those mass arrests). Militant political correctness.
cassowary wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:17 am
If, as Dr M, says his people are lazy and dishonest, then he was trying to make them correct their ways so that they can progress.
He is entitled to.
cassowary wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:17 am
I think black Americans also have their flaws such as the high rate of single parenthood and absent fathers.
You are likewise entitled to hold thast view.
cassowary wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:17 am
But political correctness prevent people from pointing this out lest they be accused of being racist or white supremacist.
More likely, the authorities in the US are deadly scared of the black, inner-city ghettos exploding in out-of-control violence and strive to manage public opinion in ways that are meant to avoid undue provocation.
cassowary wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:17 am
Instead, the Democrats encourage them to believe that it is all the fault of white racists. The problem cannot be solved if the diagnosis is wrong.
Independently of anything the Democrats might or might not have to say on the matter, I believe that there are a lot of black Americans who of their own volition have concluded that the United States is a country where their own kind have never been given a fair go. Are they necessarily wrong in that?
....................................................................................................................................

Now Cass: in what way is your most recent post supposed to be an excuse for suspending skepticism re. the integrity of those right-wing publications you seem to vest blind faith in? Are you unaware that you do not atone for one type of sin by committing the exact opposite sin?

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 3827
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: Birds of Feather flock together.

Post by cassowary » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:50 pm

neverfail wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:11 pm
cassowary wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:17 am
neverfail wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:48 am


:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh Cass! I hope that you are aware that anyone who can seriously allege that left wing publications propagate fake news while leaving the impression that right ring ones are underingly of such high integrity as to be incapable of anything so underhand exposes himself to ridicule as an unmitigated fool? :)

Nazi Germany was different.
Nazi Germany was utterly intolerant of all dissenting voices and set out to violently crush all opposition - including Germany's socialists and communists (but going by the content of your posts over the years you might not disapprove of those mass arrests). Militant political correctness.
The Nazi Party was itself Socialist. The full name is "German Workers' National Socialist Party."

It was intolerant of all rival parties and not just Socialist and Communist ones. You can't equate the realism in our SE Asia with the Nazi Party because we don't kill people in concentration camps like what Hitler did. The Chinese Communist Party may be like Nazis because their arrest of millions of Uighur Muslims. But there is no evidence yet that they are killing them.

Anyway, the CCP claims to be practicing Socialism, albeit with Chinese characteristics, whatever that means. Why is it that the worst atrocities are committed by people claiming to be Socialists? Then Socialists in the west claim that their bloody brethren are not practicing the real Socialism. Sounds familiar? They remind me of the Muslims who claim that ISIS and al Qaeda were not practicing the real Islam.

Bernie Sanders claims the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics were not practicing Socialism.
cassowary wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:17 am
If, as Dr M, says his people are lazy and dishonest, then he was trying to make them correct their ways so that they can progress.
He is entitled to.
Yes. But the point is that it is socially acceptable to say politically incorrect things like this in SE ASia.
cassowary wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:17 am
I think black Americans also have their flaws such as the high rate of single parenthood and absent fathers.
You are likewise entitled to hold that view.
Yes. But political correctness in the west will get you into trouble for saying the truth. Political correctness is an invention of the Left to force people to tell lies. The Big Lie is that it is never your fault for what is personal failure. Instead, it is the fault of white racism. Or it is the fault of capitalism. Whites and the evil capitalist oppress you. The Left wants to create a culture of victim hood. Magazines who tell the truth on the causes of black failure (its mostly their own fault) are branded as racist or white supremacist.

Creating a culture of victimhood is the worst thing you can do for the poor. They blame others instead of seeking self improvement. They will wait in sullen anger for politicians to do something for them - usually taking other people's money and giving it to them. They won't improve and remain poor.

While black people are a minority in the US, they are majorities in many cities. These cities are ruled by Democrats with black leaders, sometimes for decades. Why are they still poor? And why are their elected leaders rich?

[
quote=cassowary post_id=29707 time=1583849846 user_id=60]But political correctness prevent people from pointing this out lest they be accused of being racist or white supremacist.
More likely, the authorities in the US are deadly scared of the black, inner-city ghettos exploding in out-of-control violence and strive to manage public opinion in ways that are meant to avoid undue provocation. [/quote]

No, I don't think so. More likely, their leaders have no intention of helping them, unlike Dr M who is at least sincere in wanting to help his people progress and get out of poverty. So they lied to them. It is easy to believe that your poverty is somebody else's fault ie because of white racism. (Or because of the evil capitalist who exploited you.)

All the Democrat politicians want are power and money. Many also want girls that can be bought with that money. So blame the white man for racism to explain poverty and stay in power. It is better that they remain poor and vote for you to protect them from alleged racism. That is why so many cities remain poor even though they have been ruled by black Democrats for decades.
cassowary wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:17 am
Instead, the Democrats encourage them to believe that it is all the fault of white racists. The problem cannot be solved if the diagnosis is wrong.
Independently of anything the Democrats might or might not have to say on the matter, I believe that there are a lot of black Americans who of their own volition have concluded that the United States is a country where their own kind have never been given a fair go. Are they necessarily wrong in that?
All countries have racists. I think the main reason why they remain poor is because of their culture that results in 70% of babies born to single mothers. That is a one way ticket to poverty. I come from SE Asia where they Chinese are a minority. Yet the Chinese are wealthier than the indigenous people. So it cannot be due to racism since, with the exception of Singapore, the Chinese do not have political power. So even the indigenous people realise that culture makes a difference in explaining why some groups are economically more successful than others.

That is why Dr M can get away with telling his people that they are lazy and dishonest. Diligence and honesty are qualities that help you to grow rich. There is a speech, which I linked to you long ago. The speech was given by one of our Founding Fathers - Dr Goh Keng Swee. In the speech, he said that the best way to develop a poor third world country was to send in the missionaries to teach them honesty, frugality and diligence.

Instead, the US and other western countries sent in billions of dollars for foreign aid that went wasted on lazy, dishonest people who don't know how to make use of it.

Remember what happened to Germany and Japan after the war. They were able to quickly rebuild their devastated economy. That's because they have the cultural capital to take advantage of the Marshall Plan and other US aid. But billions went to so many Third World nations and they still remained poor. Why? Its the culture.

....................................................................................................................................
Now Cass: in what way is your most recent post supposed to be an excuse for suspending skepticism re. the integrity of those right-wing publications you seem to vest blind faith in? Are you unaware that you do not atone for one type of sin by committing the exact opposite sin?
I think the wikipedia article is unfair. I have been reading Daily Caller for years. I did not come across any white nationalist, or supremacist articles. There were none saying that whites should rule over the other races like what Hitler wanted to do. Nothing on a superior race dominating the world. It did criticize Islamic culture and Muslim immigration. But that does not make it a white nationalist newspaper because a Muslim is not a race. There are white Muslims.

In fact, seeing how Muslims treat their non-Muslim minorities in SE Asia, I am all for curbing Muslim immigration into our countries.
Last edited by cassowary on Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Imp :D

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 4240
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: Birds of Feather flock together.

Post by Doc » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:58 pm

neverfail wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:11 pm
cassowary wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:17 am
neverfail wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:48 am


:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh Cass! I hope that you are aware that anyone who can seriously allege that left wing publications propagate fake news while leaving the impression that right ring ones are underingly of such high integrity as to be incapable of anything so underhand exposes himself to ridicule as an unmitigated fool? :)

Nazi Germany was different.
Nazi Germany was utterly intolerant of all dissenting voices and set out to violently crush all opposition - including Germany's socialists and communists (but going by the content of your posts over the years you might not disapprove of those mass arrests). Militant political correctness.
cassowary wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:17 am
If, as Dr M, says his people are lazy and dishonest, then he was trying to make them correct their ways so that they can progress.
He is entitled to.
cassowary wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:17 am
I think black Americans also have their flaws such as the high rate of single parenthood and absent fathers.
You are likewise entitled to hold thast view.
cassowary wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:17 am
But political correctness prevent people from pointing this out lest they be accused of being racist or white supremacist.
More likely, the authorities in the US are deadly scared of the black, inner-city ghettos exploding in out-of-control violence and strive to manage public opinion in ways that are meant to avoid undue provocation.
Nope.
cassowary wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:17 am
Instead, the Democrats encourage them to believe that it is all the fault of white racists. The problem cannot be solved if the diagnosis is wrong.
Independently of anything the Democrats might or might not have to say on the matter, I believe that there are a lot of black Americans who of their own volition have concluded that the United States is a country where their own kind have never been given a fair go. Are they necessarily wrong in that?
The ones that vote for the party of slavery IE the democrats


....................................................................................................................................

Now Cass: in what way is your most recent post supposed to be an excuse for suspending skepticism re. the integrity of those right-wing publications you seem to vest blind faith in? Are you unaware that you do not atone for one type of sin by committing the exact opposite sin?
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 3417
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Birds of Feather flock together.

Post by Sertorio » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:00 am

cassowary wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:17 am
I think black Americans also have their flaws such as the high rate of single parenthood and absent fathers.

Single parenthood - for all races - is the result of people insisting on getting married on the basis of being "in love"... In other words, on wanting desperately to screw eachother. If people got married on the basis of friendship and common interests, keeping sex as an interesting byproduct of a good relationship, there would be fewer divorces and fewer single parent families... But the chances of people listening to these "wise words", are nihil... :D

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 3827
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: Birds of Feather flock together.

Post by cassowary » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:18 am

Sertorio wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:00 am
cassowary wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:17 am
I think black Americans also have their flaws such as the high rate of single parenthood and absent fathers.

Single parenthood - for all races - is the result of people insisting on getting married on the basis of being "in love"... In other words, on wanting desperately to screw eachother. If people got married on the basis of friendship and common interests, keeping sex as an interesting byproduct of a good relationship, there would be fewer divorces and fewer single parent families... But the chances of people listening to these "wise words", are nihil... :D
Hahaha
The Imp :D

neverfail
Posts: 4958
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Birds of Feather flock together.

Post by neverfail » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:38 pm

cassowary wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:18 am
Sertorio wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:00 am
cassowary wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:17 am
I think black Americans also have their flaws such as the high rate of single parenthood and absent fathers.

Single parenthood - for all races - is the result of people insisting on getting married on the basis of being "in love"... In other words, on wanting desperately to screw eachother. If people got married on the basis of friendship and common interests, keeping sex as an interesting byproduct of a good relationship, there would be fewer divorces and fewer single parent families... But the chances of people listening to these "wise words", are nihil... :D
Hahaha
They could also go back to the tried and proven method used for centuries in places like China and India - arranged marriages. :D

neverfail
Posts: 4958
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Birds of Feather flock together.

Post by neverfail » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:02 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:00 am
cassowary wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:17 am
I think black Americans also have their flaws such as the high rate of single parenthood and absent fathers.

Single parenthood - for all races - is the result of people insisting on getting married on the basis of being "in love"... In other words, on wanting desperately to screw eachother. If people got married on the basis of friendship and common interests, keeping sex as an interesting byproduct of a good relationship, there would be fewer divorces and fewer single parent families... But the chances of people listening to these "wise words", are nihil... :D
Sound, fatherly advice Sertorio. :D

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 3827
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: Birds of Feather flock together.

Post by cassowary » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:44 pm

neverfail wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:38 pm
cassowary wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:18 am
Sertorio wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:00 am
cassowary wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:17 am
I think black Americans also have their flaws such as the high rate of single parenthood and absent fathers.

Single parenthood - for all races - is the result of people insisting on getting married on the basis of being "in love"... In other words, on wanting desperately to screw eachother. If people got married on the basis of friendship and common interests, keeping sex as an interesting byproduct of a good relationship, there would be fewer divorces and fewer single parent families... But the chances of people listening to these "wise words", are nihil... :D
Hahaha
They could also go back to the tried and proven method used for centuries in places like China and India - arranged marriages. :D
Haha. LKY used the say, “Westerners marry the girl they love. The Chinese love the girl they marry.”

That was the past. It’s not true today.
The Imp :D

Post Reply