Bernie Sanders

Discussion of current events
User avatar
Doc
Posts: 4539
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: Bernie Sanders

Post by Doc » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:34 pm

“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

User avatar
Milo
Posts: 2774
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: Bernie Sanders

Post by Milo » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:39 pm

Doc wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:34 pm
That's definitely a way to get my vote.

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 4539
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: Bernie Sanders

Post by Doc » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:52 pm

Milo wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:39 pm
Doc wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:34 pm
That's definitely a way to get my vote.
It is why a lot of people voted for Trump as well. The DC political establishment is so inbred with the DC MSM people are getting fed up with it.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

neverfail
Posts: 5828
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Bernie Sanders

Post by neverfail » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:38 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernie_Sanders

A progressive and self-described democratic socialist, Sanders is known for his opposition to economic inequality. On domestic policy, he broadly supports labor rights, and has supported universal and single-payer healthcare, paid parental leave, tuition-free tertiary education, and an ambitious Green New Deal to create jobs addressing climate change. On foreign policy, he broadly supports reducing military spending, pursuing more diplomacy and international cooperation, and putting greater emphasis on labor rights and environmental concerns when negotiating international trade agreements. Commentators have variously described his political philosophy as aligned with New Deal policies and social democracy, but not necessarily with true socialism—characterized by the social ownership of the means of production—and have noted the strong influence his views have had on Democratic Party politics since his 2016 presidential campaign
Do these sort of policy positions make Bernie Sanders dangerously "left wing"?

:lol: They look rather benign to me. :)

Also:
Sanders was born into a working-class Jewish family and raised in the Brooklyn borough of New York City.
One thing that can safely be forecast about foreign policy as conducted by a Sanders presidency is that America's by now traditional support for the State of Israel would not be in any danger. Not at all!

:? :?: :?: :idea:

But can anyone explain to be how a nice Jewish boy like Bernie ended up with a very Anglo Saxon surname like Sanders?

( :? That does not seem kosher to me.)

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 4020
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Bernie Sanders

Post by Sertorio » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:44 am

neverfail wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:38 am
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernie_Sanders

A progressive and self-described democratic socialist, Sanders is known for his opposition to economic inequality. On domestic policy, he broadly supports labor rights, and has supported universal and single-payer healthcare, paid parental leave, tuition-free tertiary education, and an ambitious Green New Deal to create jobs addressing climate change. On foreign policy, he broadly supports reducing military spending, pursuing more diplomacy and international cooperation, and putting greater emphasis on labor rights and environmental concerns when negotiating international trade agreements. Commentators have variously described his political philosophy as aligned with New Deal policies and social democracy, but not necessarily with true socialism—characterized by the social ownership of the means of production—and have noted the strong influence his views have had on Democratic Party politics since his 2016 presidential campaign
Do these sort of policy positions make Bernie Sanders dangerously "left wing"?

:lol: They look rather benign to me. :)

Also:
Sanders was born into a working-class Jewish family and raised in the Brooklyn borough of New York City.
One thing that can safely be forecast about foreign policy as conducted by a Sanders presidency is that America's by now traditional support for the State of Israel would not be in any danger. Not at all!

:? :?: :?: :idea:

But can anyone explain to be how a nice Jewish boy like Bernie ended up with a very Anglo Saxon surname like Sanders?

( :? That does not seem kosher to me.)
The problem with Sanders is not what he stands for (I am 100% with him) but the perception most Americans have of what he stand for. He would be a great POTUS but the oligarchy dominated media may convince a majority of voters that he is a dangerous radical.

User avatar
Milo
Posts: 2774
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: Bernie Sanders

Post by Milo » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:25 am

Sertorio wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:44 am
neverfail wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:38 am
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernie_Sanders

A progressive and self-described democratic socialist, Sanders is known for his opposition to economic inequality. On domestic policy, he broadly supports labor rights, and has supported universal and single-payer healthcare, paid parental leave, tuition-free tertiary education, and an ambitious Green New Deal to create jobs addressing climate change. On foreign policy, he broadly supports reducing military spending, pursuing more diplomacy and international cooperation, and putting greater emphasis on labor rights and environmental concerns when negotiating international trade agreements. Commentators have variously described his political philosophy as aligned with New Deal policies and social democracy, but not necessarily with true socialism—characterized by the social ownership of the means of production—and have noted the strong influence his views have had on Democratic Party politics since his 2016 presidential campaign
Do these sort of policy positions make Bernie Sanders dangerously "left wing"?

:lol: They look rather benign to me. :)

Also:
Sanders was born into a working-class Jewish family and raised in the Brooklyn borough of New York City.
One thing that can safely be forecast about foreign policy as conducted by a Sanders presidency is that America's by now traditional support for the State of Israel would not be in any danger. Not at all!

:? :?: :?: :idea:

But can anyone explain to be how a nice Jewish boy like Bernie ended up with a very Anglo Saxon surname like Sanders?

( :? That does not seem kosher to me.)
The problem with Sanders is not what he stands for (I am 100% with him) but the perception most Americans have of what he stand for. He would be a great POTUS but the oligarchy dominated media may convince a majority of voters that he is a dangerous radical.
The dinosaur media has less influence all the time and may die on this hill.

Post Reply