Re: The Democrat party is so screwed

Post by cassowary » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:43 am

neverfail wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:51 pm
Milo wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:00 pm
Doc wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:11 am

When Obama was elected Democrats controlled both houses of congress. Now that the democrat party is so screwed it will be a generation before they can hope to control it again.
They control the House now.
Milo.

It seems to fit into a broad pattern of federal American politics. When Obama was first elected the voters also returned Democrats majorities to both houses of Congress. Then at the first mid-term Congressional elections: while the Democrats retained their majority in the Senate they lost it to the Republicans in the House of Reps: the same thing that is happening now with the role of the two parties reversed. Coinciding with Obama's second term in office he had to cope with Republican majorities in both congressional houses - which is why during this second term federal government policy went into a sort of stalemate - leaving supporters of Obama frustrated and the hopes and expectations of the Republican side enhanced.

It seems that each new US President is elected with high hopes and over-the top optimism among the general public but with the passage of time skepticism and gradual disillusionment sets in. So the voting public responds by gradually delivering Congress into the hands of the party opposed to that of the President - presumably as an attempt to disapprovingly curb abuses of power by the executive wing of government.

Doc:

are you not aware that political power by its very nature is transitory?
That is true. US politics follow a predictable pattern - power alternates between the two parties like a pendulum. Trump will probably win. If the Republicans win both Houses of Congress, they will get more of what they want.

Those who support Democrats (ie the moochers who want more handouts, the baby killers, rich greenies who don't care about blue collar jobs will be angered and motivated to vote. They Republicans will lose the mid term and the cycle begins again.
The Imp :D

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:20 pm

cassowary wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:43 am

That is true. US politics follow a predictable pattern - power alternates between the two parties like a pendulum. Trump will probably win. If the Republicans win both Houses of Congress, they will get more of what they want.

Those who support Democrats (ie the moochers who want more handouts, the baby killers, rich greenies who don't care about blue collar jobs will be angered and motivated to vote. They Republicans will lose the mid term and the cycle begins again.
A right-wing American seems to be one who fervently believes in the American national myth.

A left-wing American seems to be one who takes it with a grain of salt.

Of the two the latter I perceive as being closer to sanity.

Milo

Post by Milo » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:30 pm

neverfail wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:20 pm
cassowary wrote:

A right-wing American seems to be one who fervently believes in the American national myth.

And they are only left wing in America!

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:54 pm

Milo wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:30 pm
neverfail wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:20 pm
cassowary wrote:

And they are only left wing in America!
The leading corporate leftist news networks in the US

“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:56 pm

https://dailycaller.com/2019/10/08/hill ... -win-2020/
‘Obviously I Can Beat Him’: Hillary Clinton Says She Could Win In 2020

“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:18 pm

I Hope Hillary runs again.
The Imp :D

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:11 pm

cassowary wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:18 pm
I Hope Hillary runs again.
Have you heard the latest?

https://www.insider.com/ronan-farrow-hi ... ry-2019-10

Ronan Farrow says Harvey Weinstein used his relationship with Hillary Clinton to try to kill his exposé about the now-disgraced movie producer