Re: A black American lament.

Post by neverfail » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:49 pm

cassowary wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:27 pm
neverfail wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:35 am
cassowary wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:18 am
The cause of black poverty is not white racism but something that comes from themselves. They need more introspection. One cause is, as I said, the breakdown of the black family. There is a wealth of social studies showing single parent families are likely to be poor.
Well of course single parent black families are likely to be poor. Single parent WHITE families are likely to be poor too - not just in the USA but here in Australia as well. It is a global trend cass. Even single parent Chinese households in Singapore are likely to be poor.

So what is your point?
I already told you somewhere in one of my posts. About 70% of black babies are born out of wedlock to single mothers which is much higher than that for whites and Asians. This accounts to a large extent for black poverty. They need to correct this cultural flaw. This means their poverty is not due to racism but is largely their own fault.

So they need to stop blaming white people for their own failure. Just as Muslims blame Jews when things go wrong, black people blame white people. There are two types of people. There are those who ask, “what did I do wrong?”, when things go wrong. Then there are those who ask, “who Screwed me up?” The former group will become successful. The latter will fail.
It would help a lot if they were not so widely hated!

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:29 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:49 pm
cassowary wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:27 pm
neverfail wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:35 am
cassowary wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:18 am
The cause of black poverty is not white racism but something that comes from themselves. They need more introspection. One cause is, as I said, the breakdown of the black family. There is a wealth of social studies showing single parent families are likely to be poor.
Well of course single parent black families are likely to be poor. Single parent WHITE families are likely to be poor too - not just in the USA but here in Australia as well. It is a global trend cass. Even single parent Chinese households in Singapore are likely to be poor.

So what is your point?
I already told you somewhere in one of my posts. About 70% of black babies are born out of wedlock to single mothers which is much higher than that for whites and Asians. This accounts to a large extent for black poverty. They need to correct this cultural flaw. This means their poverty is not due to racism but is largely their own fault.

So they need to stop blaming white people for their own failure. Just as Muslims blame Jews when things go wrong, black people blame white people. There are two types of people. There are those who ask, “what did I do wrong?”, when things go wrong. Then there are those who ask, “who Screwed me up?” The former group will become successful. The latter will fail.
It would help a lot if they were not so widely hated!
If blacks are so widely hated as they like to believe (to explain away their failure to obtain the American dream), oBUMa would not have been President and Oprah Winfrey would not be a billionaire.
The Imp :D

Milo

Post by Milo » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:13 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:24 am
Milo wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:24 am
Such extraordinary claims backed up by... Doc says so!

As far as I can tell none of what Doc says about the New Deal is true.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Deal

The ND consists of many programs, enacted over decades. For example the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. Does Doc assert it only bailed out 'black banks' in return for their support of the Democrat Party?
Thanks for that link (reality check) Milo. This is closer to what I had previously known about the New Deal - and I would have confidence in Wikipedia's impartiality.

The fly in the New Deal ointment appears with hindsight to have been the contributions by the toxic Dixie wing of the Democrats Party movement in turning even some New Deal policies inaugurated to help the blacks against their best interests. From that Wikipedia assessment there were some good people in the Roosevelt administration who had the best interests of the blacks at heart but unfortunately the Southern "millstone around the neck" of the Democrats movement seems to have nullified a lot of the potential good that might have otherwise been done.

I believe that The Democrats would have been a better party had it never incorporated that Dixie component, with its attached Good Old Boys' network (and KKK auxiliary), into its body but based its constituency more heavily on the northern labor unions and other strands of support in the north and west of the US. The Democrats would likely have turned out a lot like our Australian Labor Party. That would have been to America's lasting benefit.
I agree with you. But the Era of the Dixiecrat is long gone, except in Republican hit pieces!

The biggest single problem with American politics is that the system makes third parties impossible, since about 100 years ago. If a third party were to emerge, it would certainly be along the lines of a more left wing party like your Labour or my NDP, to the great benefit of America.

Opposing reforms that would allow third parties is currently the only area with bipartisan support!

Doc

Post by Doc » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:40 am

neverfail wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:44 pm
Doc wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:38 am

Southerners had dreams of a slave empire spanning the Americas. The war ended those dreams for the most part.

Doc, I never suggested that the CSA would have ended up a better place as a sovereign state: only that the USA might have been minus this millstone around its neck.

(P.S. the face of the latter-day Confederate States patriot pictured above looks to me as though he might be part-Afro in ancestry. :D )
It would have come to war sooner or later.

As for the Brazilians confederates I believe they are all mostly African American yet all descendants of confederate Americans.

Some reporter explained to them the history of the bars and stars and I guess for a couple of years they stopped celebrating the confederacy. Then they decided it was part of their history and started celebrating again anyway.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Doc

Post by Doc » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:42 pm

“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:42 am

Doc wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:42 pm
Exactly. Black leaders like that don’t care about their community. They just want to make money. They use their influence to shake down businesses.

Milo

Post by Milo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:08 am

cassowary wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:42 am
Doc wrote:
Exactly. Black leaders like that don’t care about their community. They just want to make money. They use their influence to shake down businesses.
Trump heckled in Virginia
And in a rare interruption of a presidential speech, a Virginia state lawmaker heckled Mr Trump and held up a sign reading "Deport hate" and "Go back to your corrupted home."
https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/preside ... te-2077949

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:35 am

Milo wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:08 am
cassowary wrote:
Doc wrote:
And in a rare interruption of a presidential speech, a Virginia state lawmaker heckled Mr Trump and held up a sign reading "Deport hate" and "Go back to your corrupted home."
Publicity stunt by a Democrat politician.

Milo

Post by Milo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:52 am

cassowary wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:35 am
Milo wrote:
cassowary wrote:
Doc wrote:
Publicity stunt by a Republican operative.
"That's right, thank you Mr. Trump's agent," Sharpton reacted. "We were told there's a group of Trump folks that we know who they are, they were supposed to be here."
https://www.foxnews.com/media/watch-al- ... more-event

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:31 am

Milo wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:52 am
cassowary wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:35 am
Milo wrote:
cassowary wrote:
Doc wrote:
Publicity stunt by a Republican operative.
"That's right, thank you Mr. Trump's agent," Sharpton reacted. "We were told there's a group of Trump folks that we know who they are, they were supposed to be here."
https://www.foxnews.com/media/watch-al- ... more-event
One is a confirmed Democratic politician and the other an alleged (by con man Sharpton) Trump operative.