What happened to Australia's climate change election?

Discussion of current events
neverfail

Re: What happened to Australia's climate change election?

Post by neverfail » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:25 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:36 pm
I lived in Holland for thirteen years and I rode bycicle a lot. But I would have problems doing it in Portugal, also on account of my age.
Well, of course you did, Sert! Holland is as flat as a tabletop and its major cities provide dedicated Bicycle paths (I have been there myself). However, Portugal is quite hilly (it is not?) just like Spain next door - so that puts a lot more strain on leg muscles.

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:15 pm

Why don't leftists in Australia ride bikes?

Milo

Post by Milo » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:45 pm

dagbay wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:22 pm
Milo wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:44 am
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:12 pm
It's very simple. If you believe in MMGW then you should only ride a bike as your sole means of transportation.
It's very simple. If you don't believe in MMGW then you think polluting is good.
As you could have gathered from my previous posts I have my doubts about MMGW but I am firmly against unnecessary pollution. CO2 is an important nutrient for plants and should not be characterized as a pollutant.
So you actually think that's what it's all about?

Read something.

Milo

Post by Milo » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:48 pm

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:30 pm
Milo wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:44 am
It's very simple. If you don't believe in MMGW then you think polluting is good.
Lol. What a dumb thing to say. Stupid statements like this is why after 40 years your agenda has made zero progress. False choice fallacy.

CO2 is not a pollutant in absolute terms, plants cannot survive without it and it's produced constantly in nature, and as a gardener and orchardist I welcome CO2 production.

The only case I know of where CO2 is a pollutant would be cases like old London or modern LA, where through too high of a concentration it causes respiratory problems in human beings. Outside of that there don't appear to be any issues with it.

Further this is a very insular and monomanic statement on your part, you are stating that all pollution causes MMGW when clearly it does not. There are endless types of pollution that have nothing to do with atmospheric temperature, which are largely ignored, like the following.

This appears to be a really huge environmental problem, possibly the greatest environmental problem and I oppose it unequivocally. However it gets almost no attention in the establishment/Democrat complexes, because it doesn't fit an Anti-American anti-capitalist narrative. As such the Democrat establishment doesn't oppose it because there isn't a political angle for them. MMGW is a carefully crafted lie that suits their agenda. They empirically don't care about the environment, they care about growing the size and scope of government.

Thanks for the softballs that make me look good and make you look bad.

So, do you use a bike as your sole means of transportation.
Maybe you should stop spewing and start reading.
In a study published Monday in the journal Nature Climate Change, they found that limiting carbon emissions from the plastic industry to 2015 levels requires a colossal societal undertaking involving four strategies: cutting growth in demand for plastics by half, making plastic out of plants rather than oil and gas, generating electricity with renewable energy, and increasing recycling.
https://mashable.com/article/plastic-po ... te-change/

Milo

Post by Milo » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:54 pm

Basically big industry uses simplistic propaganda that will influence people from Podunk Flyover to vote for big industry stooges.

It's working fairly well for them too.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:17 am

Milo wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:54 pm
Basically big industry uses simplistic propaganda that will influence people from Podunk Flyover to vote for big industry stooges.

It's working fairly well for them too.
Like the big GREEN industry will use simplistic propaganda about global warming to influence the well heeled tree huggers from Moonbat county.
The Imp :D

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:01 am

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:15 pm
Why don't leftists in Australia ride bikes?
:lol: Because here we drive on the left hand side of the road - you twit! :)
Last edited by neverfail on Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:05 am

cassowary wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:17 am
Like the big GREEN industry will use simplistic propaganda about global warming to influence the well heeled tree huggers from Moonbat county.
Green enterprise does not come close to wielding the sort of undue influence that the fossil fuels lobby exercises.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:40 am

neverfail wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:05 am
cassowary wrote:
Green enterprise does not come close to wielding the sort of undue influence that the fossil fuels lobby exercises.
That's probably true.
The Imp :D

Milo

Post by Milo » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:37 am

cassowary wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:40 am
neverfail wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:05 am
cassowary wrote:
That's probably true.
This is Orwellian at its finest: 'Oh no, look at the big mean scientists beating up on the poor defenceless multi billion dollar energy corporations!'

It would be hilarious if it wasn't justifying what might be the greatest train wreck in human history.