Re: Tulsi Gabbard

Post by Jim the Moron » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:55 am

"I'm running for president to undo Hillary Clinton's failed legacy"
https://washingtontimes.com/news/2019/o ... illary-cl/

A totally worthwhile objective . . .

Milo

Post by Milo » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:20 am

No doubt the Kremlin sees American withdrawal of forces as creating a gap they can fill to their benefit and many American interests have the same view.

Of course such people are blind to the reasons America is so powerful.

America makes money, lots and lots of money and that is why it is so powerful.

So saving US resources by not interfering in other countries affairs, especially Muslim ones, would only make the US stronger and letting Russia seizes the poisoned chalice would only make them weaker.

Just because your opponent wants something doesn't mean you should deny it to them.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:53 am

Milo wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:20 am
No doubt the Kremlin sees American withdrawal of forces as creating a gap they can fill to their benefit and many American interests have the same view.

So saving US resources by not interfering in other countries affairs, especially Muslim ones, would only make the US stronger and letting Russia seizes the poisoned chalice would only make them weaker.

Just because your opponent wants something doesn't mean you should deny it to them.
The problem is not American power, it's American ruthlessness. Russians are more subtle and that's why their power is not resented in the ME, and why their presence there will not make them weaker. Russia will be in the ME long after the US has withdrawn behind its North American borders...

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:21 am

Sertorio wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:53 am
Milo wrote:

The problem is not American power, it's American ruthlessness. Russians are more subtle and that's why their power is not resented in the ME, and why their presence there will not make them weaker. Russia will be in the ME long after the US has withdrawn behind its North American borders...
Russia is welcome to whatever they want in the ME. Good luck with that.

Milo

Post by Milo » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:08 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:53 am
Milo wrote:

I never argued that American power is a problem.
I gave your subtlety argument credit for being novel!

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:14 pm

neverfail wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:00 am
Doc wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:25 pm
You misunderstand very much. Many who would have voted for Bernie had not he been cheated out of the Democrat nomination voted for Trump.
Out of sheer disgust at the Democrats Party?
Yes Bernie won the New Hampshire primary but Hillary got more delegates. The DNC has what they call super delegates. These are people that are delegates automatically. It works out to about 1/3 of the delegates over all. Plus the Sander's campaign pulled in some information about donors from the DNC and the DNC made a big deal about it. From what I understand Hillary took all of Bernie's donor list and the DNC did nothing. Lots of stuff like that. SO the Bernie supporters were indeed pretty disgusted with the Democratic Party.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:05 pm

"Government Turning A Blind Eye To Saudi Involvement In 9/11."

https://thewashingtonstandard.com/tulsi ... t-in-9-11/

". . . the Saudis are the number one exporter of . . . Wahhabi extremist ideology."

". . . sham alliance . . ."

Milo

Post by Milo » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:14 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:05 pm

". . . the Saudis are the number one exporter of . . . Wahhabi extremist ideology."

Yes, many news outlets are touting Saudi involvement in 911 as a ‘conspiracy theory’.

It’s only a conspiracy theory if you’re blind to the obvious in my view.

Doc

Post by Doc » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:43 pm

Milo wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:14 am
Jim the Moron wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:05 pm

Yes, many news outlets are touting Saudi involvement in 911 as a ‘conspiracy theory’.

It’s only a conspiracy theory if you’re blind to the obvious in my view.
They certainly know the sin of pride. OBL's father ordered his engineers to covert all of his bulldozers to tanks after one of the Arab Israeli wars. Apparently his pride was that hurt.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Doc

Post by Doc » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:03 pm