The Liberation of Venezuela

Discussion of current events
Post Reply
User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 2719
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

The Liberation of Venezuela

Post by Sertorio » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:23 am

THE US AGGRESSION AGAINST VENEZUELA AS A DIAGNOSTIC TOOL
by The Saker

http://www.unz.com/tsaker/the-us-aggres ... stic-tool/

(...)

I am getting a lot of emails suggesting that Russia might do in Venezuela what she did in Syria. Let me immediately tell you that this is not going to happen. Yes, there are a lot of Russians in Venezuela, but the “Russians are not coming”. For one thing, I will never cease to repeat that the Russian intervention in Syria was a very small one, and that even if this small force proved formidable, it was really acting primarily as a force multiplier for the Iranians, Hezbollah and the Syrian government forces. And yet, even the deployment of this very small force necessitated a huge logistics effort from Russia whose military (being a purely defensive one) is simply not structured for long-distance power projection. Syria is about 1000km from Russia. Venezuela is about 10 times (!) further. Yes, I know,a few Tu-160 visited the country twice now and there are Russian advisors in the country and the Venezuelans have a few pretty good Russian weapons systems. But here, again, this is a game of numbers. Limited numbers of Russian-made combat aircraft (fixed and rotary wing), air defense missiles or even large numbers of advanced MANPADs or assault rifles won’t do the trick against a determined US-Colombian invasion. Finally, there is no Venezuelan equivalent to Iran or Hezbollah (an outside ally and friend) which would be capable and willing to deploy real combat forces for actual, sustained combat against the invader.

Next comes terrain. Yes, much of Venezuela is difficult to access, but not for jungle-experienced forces which both the US military and the Colombians have. Furthermore, there is absolutely no need to invade the entire country to topple the legitimate government. For that all you need is to control is a few key facilities in a few key locations and you are done. For example, I don’t see the USAF or USN wasting any time in air-to-air combat against the (few) Venezuelan Sukhois – they will simply destroy them in their hangars along with their runways and air combat management radars and command posts. So the terrain will not prevent the Empire of suppressing Venezuelan air defenses and as soon as this is done, you can expect the usual mix of bomb and missile strikes which will create chaos, wreck command and control capabilities and, basically, disorganize much of the military. Finally, US forces in Colombia and USN ships off the Venezuelan coast will enjoy a safe harbor from which to launch as many strikes as they want.

Next, hopes that Russia and China will somehow resuscitate the Venezuelan economy are also ill-founded. First, neither country is interested in pouring money into a bottomless pit. It is one thing to sign contracts which are likely to eventually produce a return on investment and quite another to dump money into a bottomless pit (as the US and Europe have found out in the Ukraine). Second, the Venezuelan economy is so deeply enmeshed in the US-UK run international financial system that neither China nor Russia can do anything about it. That is not to say that US sanctions, subversion and sabotage did not play a major role in the collapse of the Venezuelan economy, they sure did, but it is equally true (at least to Russian specialists) that many of the Chavista reforms were botched, a lot of them were a case of too little too late, and that it will take years to refloat the Venezuelan economy.

Finally, we are comparing apples to oranges here: the task of the AngloZionists is to destroy the Venezuelan economy while the Chinese and Russian task would be, at least in theory, to rescue it. Destroying is so much easier than building, that the entire comparison is logically flawed and fundamentally unfair.

I really mean no offense to the supporters of Hugo Chavez and his ideals (I very much include myself in this category) but anybody who has been to, or near, Venezuela will tell you that destitute Venezuelans are not only running out of the country in large numbers, but they also contribute to destabilize the neighboring states. So we should have no Pollyannish notions about all the reports about the economic and social collapse in Venezuela as only “US propaganda”. Sadly, much of it is true even if often exaggerated, lopsided and missing all the very real successes of the Chavez reforms, hence the continuous popular support, in spite of it all, the Maduro government continues to enjoy. Still, the overall picture is very bleak and it will take Venezuela consistent and correct action to recover from the current plight.

So is there still hope? Yes, absolutely!

I recently replied the following to a friend asking me about a possible Russian intervention in Venezuela “I place my own hopes not in the Venezuelan military, or in Chinese or Russian help, but on the amazing ability of the Americans to f*** up. At the end of the day, that is our biggest ally: the US stupidity, ignorance, arrogance and cowardice“.

Think of what currently passes as a “policy” of the US in Venezuela as a diagnostic tool.

Not just to diagnose the moral degeneracy and mental pathology of the leaders of the AngloZionist Empire, but also to diagnose the very real state of despair and chaos of the Empire itself. Under Obama, for all his faults and weaknesses, the US succeeded in subverting a list of crucial Latin American countries (like Brazil or Argentina) but now, with Mr MAGA, it can’t even do that. The kind of antics we see from the Pompeo, Bolton & Abrams gang is amazing in its crudeness and, frankly, makes a supposed “indispensable nation” look absolutely ridiculous. These losers already had to fold several times, in spite of equally hyperbolic threats delivered with maximal gravitas (think DPRK here), and yet they still think that crude bullying methods can yield success. They can’t. Immense firepower is not a substitute for brains.

In its short and blood-soaked history, the US has pretty much always acted like some criminal enterprise run by brutal gangsters, but in the past some of these gangsters could be extremely well educated and intelligent (think James Baker here). Today, their guns are still lying around (albeit in various states of disrepair), but they are wielded by ignorant retards. Yes, ignorant retards with guns can be very dangerous, but they can never be effective!

Conclusion

Right now the US, backed by its various colonies and vassal states, appears to be ready to deliver a death blow to Venezuela and, truth be told, they might be able to do just that. But, for whatever it is worth, my gut feeling is that they will fail again, even against the weakest countries of the Axis of Resistance. That is not to say that Venezuela is not in a heap of critical problems. But I believe that in spite of being in a critical condition, Venezuela will be able to bounce back, just like Syria did. After all, the Syrian example proves that it *is* possible to resist a superior invading force while at the same time successfully engaging in critically needed reforms. Yes, today’s Caracas is in very bad shape, but the city of Aleppo was in a much worse shape until it was liberated, and now quasi-normal life has returned to it (in sharp contrast to the US liberated devastated city of Raqqa which still lies in ruins). Yankees (to use the usual Latin-American expression) are just like their Israeli overlords: they are capable of devastating violence but they have no staying power: if things don’t go their way fast, really fast, they run and barricade themselves somewhere faraway from danger. In our case, they might even do what they did in Iraq and Afghanistan: build obscenely huge embassies, create a special zone around them, and sit tight while the country is engulfed in a bloody civil war. This way, they can provide CNN & Co. with footage of a “peaceful neighborhood” while still claiming that the Stars and Strips are still proudly flying high over the enemy’s capital and that “these colors don’t run”. This would be a disastrous outcome for the Venezuelan nation and this is why we all have to try to prevent this, by speaking out before the US further wrecks yet another country.

Hopefully the memory of past completely failed, humiliating and bloody invasions will convince the right people at the Pentagon to do whatever it takes to prevent the US from launching yet another stupid and immoral war of choice on behalf of the Neocons.
This is only the most interesting part of an analysis of the situation in Venezuela, by someone who has been for years a military analyst. I don't think that any of you will agree with him, but it is still worth reading, as it gives a different view on what is happening there.

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 3125
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: The Liberation of Venezuela

Post by cassowary » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:53 am

Sertorio,

It sounds like utter rubbish to me. For example:
Finally, we are comparing apples to oranges here: the task of the AngloZionists is to destroy the Venezuelan economy ...
What destroyed the Venezuelan economy is Socialism, which has failed everywhere it has been tried. Blaming it on the US is nonsense. Why can't the writer see that? Why does he have a blind spot? The next quote will answer that question.
I really mean no offense to the supporters of Hugo Chavez and his ideals (I very much include myself in this category) ...
The guy is a Socialist/Communist. So that's why he has a blind spot. He can't see that Socialism does not work. So he must blame it on America.

It is the same blind spot you have, Sertorio.

..................................................................................................................

He calls the US and maybe UK, Anglozionists. What has zionism got to do with it? But it does indicate his anti-Israel ideas. Why are leftists so anti-Israel?
The Imp :D

User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 2060
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Northern Virginia, USA and Dominica, West Indies
Contact:

Re: The Liberation of Venezuela

Post by SteveFoerster » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:13 am

AngloZionists
Ah, more of that from you. Disappointing.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 2719
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: The Liberation of Venezuela

Post by Sertorio » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:51 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:13 am
AngloZionists
Ah, more of that from you. Disappointing.
I agree with you on that. AngloZionists is a stupid, childish term. Take that away and the analysis made is mostly right. And that is a lot more important than a stupid word.

neverfail
Posts: 3839
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Singapore

Re: The Liberation of Venezuela

Post by neverfail » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:03 pm

Sertorio; Your habit of being an apologist for dictatorships like Putin's Russia; Castro's Cuba; Maduro's Venezuela and the PRC whilst damning the Western democracies makes me wonder whether you are simply fascinated with the exercise of political power for its own sake.

It took me a long time to figure out that Socialism has absolutely nothing to do with the deliverance of social justice or concern for the wellbeing of the poor, downtrodden or the exploited working classes. It appeals to men who crave change for its own sake.

He who hates capitalists (and/or the existing order) does not necessarily hold the workers, the alleged beneficiaries, in any respect. It is possible to be a hater of both.

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 2719
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: The Liberation of Venezuela

Post by Sertorio » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:08 pm

cassowary wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:53 am
Sertorio,

It sounds like utter rubbish to me. For example:
Finally, we are comparing apples to oranges here: the task of the AngloZionists is to destroy the Venezuelan economy ...
What destroyed the Venezuelan economy is Socialism, which has failed everywhere it has been tried. Blaming it on the US is nonsense. Why can't the writer see that? Why does he have a blind spot? The next quote will answer that question.
I really mean no offense to the supporters of Hugo Chavez and his ideals (I very much include myself in this category) ...
The guy is a Socialist/Communist. So that's why he has a blind spot. He can't see that Socialism does not work. So he must blame it on America.

It is the same blind spot you have, Sertorio.

..................................................................................................................

He calls the US and maybe UK, Anglozionists. What has zionism got to do with it? But it does indicate his anti-Israel ideas. Why are leftists so anti-Israel?
Are those two quotes the only thing which drew your attention? What about the rest of the analysis? Do you agree with it or not. If not, where and why?

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 2719
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: The Liberation of Venezuela

Post by Sertorio » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:16 pm

neverfail wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:03 pm
Sertorio; Your habit of being an apologist for dictatorships like Putin's Russia; Castro's Cuba; Maduro's Venezuela and the PRC whilst damning the Western democracies makes me wonder whether you are simply fascinated with the exercise of political power for its own sake.

It took me a long time to figure out that Socialism has absolutely nothing to do with the deliverance of social justice or concern for the wellbeing of the poor, downtrodden or the exploited working classes. It appeals to men who crave change for its own sake.

He who hates capitalists (and/or the existing order) does not necessarily hold the workers, the alleged beneficiaries, in any respect. It is possible to be a hater of both.
My position has nothing to do with supporting dictatorships. I tend to support any country which is fighting US imperialism. Whether they are democratic or authoritarian is, in that respect, of secundary importance to me. I am more sympathetic to a dictatorship which defeats the US, like Vietnam, than to a democracy which bows to every US command, like the Scandinavian countries. I'm fighting for liberty for all Europeans, not for democracy for all Koreans...

neverfail
Posts: 3839
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Singapore

Re: The Liberation of Venezuela

Post by neverfail » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:26 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:16 pm


My position has nothing to do with supporting dictatorships. I tend to support any country which is fighting US imperialism. Whether they are democratic or authoritarian is, in that respect, of secondary importance to me. I am more sympathetic to a dictatorship which defeats the US, like Vietnam, than to a democracy which bows to every US command, like the Scandinavian countries. I'm fighting for liberty for all Europeans, not for democracy for all Koreans...
It has everything to do with supporting dictatorships Sertorio.

Nature abhors a vacuum.

Did you do physics in high school Sertorio? Well, that was an explanatory principle of physical science taught in the classroom when I was in my first year of high school. If it is not taught to high school physics students today then the schools are not doing their job properly.

It means (technically) that if you evacuate all of the air out of a vacuum flask and then open the valve the atmospheric pressure will immediately push as much air in as is needed to fill it. The imbalance of pressure inside and outside the flask causes that rush to balance up the pressures. If you evacuate the same flask and push it under water before releasing the valve, it will fill up with water. I think you probably get the overall picture by now.

Well, political relations between governments, countries and empires seem to work the same way. Create a political vacuum anywhere and something is bound to rush in and fill it. It might not happen as immediate as in the case of the vacuum flask but inexorably it will come about.

The USA is far from blameless in the way that it has exercised global power but I still consider it the least of all the possible evils that our world could possibly have to endure.

If your wish were ever to come true and the demise of US power were to come about then Russia and China would immediately rush in to fill the void (before turning on each other in great power rivalry). We would end up with a worse world; not a better one. :evil:

Beware of what you might wish for lest it come about.

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 2719
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: The Liberation of Venezuela

Post by Sertorio » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:40 pm

neverfail wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:26 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:16 pm


My position has nothing to do with supporting dictatorships. I tend to support any country which is fighting US imperialism. Whether they are democratic or authoritarian is, in that respect, of secondary importance to me. I am more sympathetic to a dictatorship which defeats the US, like Vietnam, than to a democracy which bows to every US command, like the Scandinavian countries. I'm fighting for liberty for all Europeans, not for democracy for all Koreans...
It has everything to do with supporting dictatorships Sertorio.

Nature abhors a vacuum.

Did you do physics in high school Sertorio? Well, that was an explanatory principle of physical science taught in the classroom when I was in my first year of high school. If it is not taught to high school physics students today then the schools are not doing their job properly.

It means (technically) that if you evacuate all of the air out of a vacuum flask and then open the valve the atmospheric pressure will immediately push as much air in as is needed to fill it. The imbalance of pressure inside and outside the flask causes that rush to balance up the pressures. If you evacuate the same flask and push it under water before releasing the valve, it will fill up with water. I think you probably get the overall picture by now.

Well, political relations between governments, countries and empires seem to work the same way. Create a political vacuum anywhere and something is bound to rush in and fill it. It might not happen as immediate as in the case of the vacuum flask but inexorably it will come about.

The USA is far from blameless in the way that it has exercised global power but I still consider it the least of all the possible evils that our world could possibly have to endure.

If your wish were ever to come true and the demise of US power were to come about then Russia and China would immediately rush in to fill the void (before turning on each other in great power rivalry). We would end up with a worse world; not a better one. :evil:

Beware of what you might wish for lest it come about.
You are too pessimistic. I look forward to a multipolar world, where no one dominates. No vacuum to be filled...

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 3125
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Venezuela blocks humanitarian aid

Post by cassowary » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:56 pm

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... elans.html

That’s your answer. Socialists don’t care about the poor. They just want power.
The Imp :D

Post Reply