Impeachment!

Discussion of current events
Doc

Re: Impeachment!

Post by Doc » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:02 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:33 pm
Today, for our amusement, we were treated to a Pelosi-led procession from the House to the Senate, bearing an Article of Impeachment as if it was the Arc of the Covenant. The Senate trial would be equally amusing had we not known of the huge waste of time and money involved - all to a known ending - total futility.
Not at all Jim the democrats apparently can't give out bread so all they have left to do is circuses
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Milo

Post by Milo » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:15 pm

Doc wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:02 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:
Today, for our amusement, we were treated to a Pelosi-led procession from the House to the Senate, bearing an Article of Impeachment as if it was the Arc of the Covenant. The Senate trial would be equally amusing had we not known of the huge waste of time and money involved - all to a known ending - total futility.
Not at all Jim the democrats apparently can't give out bread so all they have left to do is circuses
All that's needed are 17 Republican Senators...

Doc

Post by Doc » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:45 pm

Milo wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:15 pm
Doc wrote:
Jim the Moron wrote:
hey will need at least 18 Republicans to make thier political show trial to work. If only the democrats could get back to their Soviet heritage Then all they would need it s troika
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:45 am

Doc wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:45 pm
Milo wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:15 pm
Doc wrote:
Jim the Moron wrote:
hey will need at least 18 Republicans to make thier political show trial to work. If only the democrats could get back to their Soviet heritage Then all they would need it s troika

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NKVD_troika
NKVD troika or Special troika (Russian: особая тройка), in Soviet history, were the People's Commissariat of Internal Affairs (NKVD which would later be the beginning of the KGB) made up of three officials who issued sentences to people after simplified, speedy investigations and without a public and fair trial.[1] The three members were judge and jury, though they themselves did not carry out the sentences they dealt. These commissions were employed as instruments of extrajudicial punishment introduced to supplement the Soviet legal system with a means for quick and secret execution or imprisonment.[2] It began as an institution of the Cheka, then later became prominent again in the NKVD, when it was used during the Great Purge to execute many hundreds of thousands of Soviet citizens.[3] Defendants in the Troika's proceeding were typically not entitled to legal aid or the presumption of innocence. Convictions usually did not include information about the actual incriminating evidence and basically contained only information about indictment and sentencing. The outcome of such trials was often determined before it even began due to targeted numbers of citizens to be executed or imprisoned in Gulag prison camps.[4]

Troika means "a group of three" or "triad" in Russian.

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:07 pm

This just in. Speaker of the House Pelosi has just announced that Articles of Impeachment are being prepared against former Republican President Warren G Harding. Seems as if Harding had numerous illicit dalliances with various maidens, one of which (gasp!) produced a baby.

Bill Clinton immediately leapt to Harding's defense. "So what's the big deal? I used to use the same broom closet that Warren frequented, and I never got impeached for it. And don't go getting any ideas, Nancy, or I'll get a movement going to impeach you for entering a hair salon maskless."

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:34 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:07 pm
This just in. Speaker of the House Pelosi has just announced that Articles of Impeachment are being prepared against former Republican President Warren G Harding. Seems as if Harding had numerous illicit dalliances with various maidens, one of which (gasp!) produced a baby.

Bill Clinton immediately leapt to Harding's defense. "So what's the big deal? I used to use the same broom closet that Warren frequented, and I never got impeached for it. And don't go getting any ideas, Nancy, or I'll get a movement going to impeach you for entering a hair salon maskless."
:lol:

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:06 am

Jim the Moron wrote:

Wait until they start pre-impeaching presidents.

lzzrdgrrl

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:48 am

Doc wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:06 am
Jim the Moron wrote:

Why don't we just dismiss all this nonsense and go straight to Trial By Combat.....;>........

I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

Milo

Post by Milo » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:16 pm

lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:48 am
Doc wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:06 am
Jim the Moron wrote:

Why don't we just dismiss all this nonsense and go straight to Trial By Combat.....;>........

Too late:

lzzrdgrrl

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:30 pm

So maybe we might see some stabbing and some bloodshed....'>.......
I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........