Impeachment!

Discussion of current events
User avatar
lzzrdgrrl
Posts: 807
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:18 pm
Location: Okie Doke

Re: Impeachment!

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:09 pm

Doc wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:02 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:21 pm
I'm looking forward once again to watching the somber procession of House members, led by the regretful Ms Pelosi, delivering the Articles to the Senate. A totally entertaining, silly-assed, useless exercise.
I heard she modernized the process This time she will mark the documents with a big "E" and call it "hand delivered E-mail"
I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 5121
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: Impeachment!

Post by Doc » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:19 pm

lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:09 pm
Doc wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:02 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:21 pm
I'm looking forward once again to watching the somber procession of House members, led by the regretful Ms Pelosi, delivering the Articles to the Senate. A totally entertaining, silly-assed, useless exercise.
I heard she modernized the process This time she will mark the documents with a big "E" and call it "hand delivered E-mail"
I can top that...

I just had my cell phone account suspended. All I did was demand I be taken off the "NO FLY LIST" while I was talking on the phone with my exterminator.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

User avatar
lzzrdgrrl
Posts: 807
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:18 pm
Location: Okie Doke

Re: Impeachment!

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:46 pm

Image
I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

Jim the Moron
Posts: 2158
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Impeachment!

Post by Jim the Moron » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:59 am

"Congresswoman Plans to File Impeachment Articles Day After Biden's Inauguration"

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronsonst ... e-n2583114

(blush!)

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 5121
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: Impeachment!

Post by Doc » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:44 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:59 am
"Congresswoman Plans to File Impeachment Articles Day After Biden's Inauguration"

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronsonst ... e-n2583114

(blush!)
What did Biden Know and when did he know it?

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/0 ... s-capitol/

BREAKING: FBI Arrests Antifa Leader John Sullivan in Utah After Storming US Capitol …Update: With FBI Affidavit
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

neverfail
Posts: 6422
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Impeachment!

Post by neverfail » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:32 pm

While impeaching Trump might look like a futile exercise considering he is now only a few days away from relinquishing the presidency; it will still have the redeeming feature to go on his record making it very hard if not impossible for the bastard to run again for President in 2024.

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 4633
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Impeachment!

Post by Sertorio » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:07 pm

neverfail wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:32 pm
While impeaching Trump might look like a futile exercise considering he is now only a few days away from relinquishing the presidency; it will still have the redeeming feature to go on his record making it very hard if not impossible for the bastard to run again for President in 2024.
If a majority of Americans want to have Trump as President, in 2024, nothing Congress will do now will prevent that from happening.

neverfail
Posts: 6422
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Impeachment!

Post by neverfail » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:21 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:07 pm
neverfail wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:32 pm
While impeaching Trump might look like a futile exercise considering he is now only a few days away from relinquishing the presidency; it will still have the redeeming feature to go on his record making it very hard if not impossible for the bastard to run again for President in 2024.
If a majority of Americans want to have Trump as President, in 2024, nothing Congress will do now will prevent that from happening.
Quite apart from the impeachment (which is now more of symbolic value putting the ex-president's culpability on record): I am waiting to see how well or even whether Trump survives the blizzard of criminal prosecutions and civil law suits that are likely to come his way once he no longer has the protection from prosecution that goes with being President.

Jim the Moron
Posts: 2158
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Impeachment!

Post by Jim the Moron » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:22 am

neverfail wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:21 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:07 pm
neverfail wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:32 pm
While impeaching Trump might look like a futile exercise considering he is now only a few days away from relinquishing the presidency; it will still have the redeeming feature to go on his record making it very hard if not impossible for the bastard to run again for President in 2024.
If a majority of Americans want to have Trump as President, in 2024, nothing Congress will do now will prevent that from happening.
Quite apart from the impeachment (which is now more of symbolic value putting the ex-president's culpability on record): I am waiting to see how well or even whether Trump survives the blizzard of criminal prosecutions and civil law suits that are likely to come his way once he no longer has the protection from prosecution that goes with being President.

Trump is out on his own. He can take care of himself. The investigations into the criminal Steele stuff will grind to a halt. The Deep State has won another.

Much more interesting will be the impeachment efforts aimed at the grossly corrupt hail-fellow-well-met Biden - doomed to not even securing a House vote for a couple of years.

Jim the Moron
Posts: 2158
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Impeachment!

Post by Jim the Moron » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:33 pm

Today, for our amusement, we were treated to a Pelosi-led procession from the House to the Senate, bearing an Article of Impeachment as if it was the Arc of the Covenant. The Senate trial would be equally amusing had we not known of the huge waste of time and money involved - all to a known ending - total futility.

Post Reply