Impeachment!

Discussion of current events
SteveFoerster

Re: Impeachment!

Post by SteveFoerster » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:32 am

The real question to me is what the point of impeaching Trump is when it means Mike Pence would be president. I don't think Democrats are being very careful what they wish for.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:38 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:32 am
The real question to me is what the point of impeaching Trump is when it means Mike Pence would be president. I don't think Democrats are being very careful what they wish for.
What is it about Mike Pence that in your view would likely make him a worse president than Donald Trump?

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:58 pm

Milo wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:22 am
cassowary wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:23 am
Milo wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:20 pm
cassowary wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:40 am
neverfail wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:38 am
cassowary wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:47 pm
It is no coincidence, neverail. Tax cuts and deregulation helped to give it a boost.
That might even be true cass. But it still does not exonerate Trump from a deserved impeachment should he be proven as guilty of even half the lawbreaking and committer of improprieties in public office as are alleged.

My one and only regret is that it had to await the arrival of a Democrats majority in Congress to make such a course possible. It clouds the waters by making the initiative look partisan. But alas, that's the American system for you.

I do hope that you are not seriously suggesting that Trump should be placed above the law just because he has presided over a latter-day fillip in economic growth.
There has been a Mueller investigation for two years. So far, I don't see any evidence of wrongdoing. Let's wait and see. His report should be out soon.

What do you think he is guilty of?
It's a year and a half

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_ ... of_Justice
So far, Mueller has not publicly revealed any links Trump had with the Russians. That was Mueller's investigation all about.
Why are you using the past tense?

This objection: that Mueller hasn't proved (or revealed) something before the investigation is over, is utterly spurious. Why would you, or anyone, expect an investigation to prove or reveal something before it's over?

For all you or anyone who isn't part of the investigation knows they have proved this many times over but are keeping it to themselves, so as not to give away things to the parties under investigation. As a matter of fact that is the an obvious and likely conclusion. Why is this so hard for you, or anyone? It defies common sense and the most rudimentary understanding of law.

Why even bring it up? Why not wait till a report is issued, which there has to be?

Incidentally Mueller so far is the most effective Special Counsel / Prosecutor in US history. No other has produced so many pleas and indictments or been so circumspect and professional in the face of such howling hysteria and absurd slander.
You are so sure Trump is guilty of collusion with the Russians. I prefer to wait for hard evidence before jumping to conclusions.
The Imp :D

Milo

Post by Milo » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:21 pm

cassowary wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:58 pm
Milo wrote:
cassowary wrote:
Milo wrote:
cassowary wrote:
neverfail wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:38 am

That might even be true cass. But it still does not exonerate Trump from a deserved impeachment should he be proven as guilty of even half the lawbreaking and committer of improprieties in public office as are alleged.

My one and only regret is that it had to await the arrival of a Democrats majority in Congress to make such a course possible. It clouds the waters by making the initiative look partisan. But alas, that's the American system for you.

I do hope that you are not seriously suggesting that Trump should be placed above the law just because he has presided over a latter-day fillip in economic growth.
There has been a Mueller investigation for two years. So far, I don't see any evidence of wrongdoing. Let's wait and see. His report should be out soon.

It's a year and a half

So far, Mueller has not publicly revealed any links Trump had with the Russians. That was Mueller's investigation all about.

This objection: that Mueller hasn't proved (or revealed) something before the investigation is over, is utterly spurious. Why would you, or anyone, expect an investigation to prove or reveal something before it's over?

For all you or anyone who isn't part of the investigation knows they have proved this many times over but are keeping it to themselves, so as not to give away things to the parties under investigation. As a matter of fact that is the an obvious and likely conclusion. Why is this so hard for you, or anyone? It defies common sense and the most rudimentary understanding of law.

Why even bring it up? Why not wait till a report is issued, which there has to be?

Incidentally Mueller so far is the most effective Special Counsel / Prosecutor in US history. No other has produced so many pleas and indictments or been so circumspect and professional in the face of such howling hysteria and absurd slander.
You are so sure Trump is guilty of collusion with the Russians. I prefer to wait for hard evidence before jumping to conclusions.
Although I am sure of that you appear to have missed the point by a couple of light years.

Doc

Post by Doc » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:52 pm

Milo wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:21 pm
cassowary wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:58 pm
Milo wrote:
cassowary wrote:
Milo wrote:
cassowary wrote:

It's a year and a half

Although I am sure of that you appear to have missed the point by a couple of light years.
IF you have specific evidence Milo then by all means put it on the table
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:36 am

neverfail wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:38 pm
SteveFoerster wrote:
What is it about Mike Pence that in your view would likely make him a worse president than Donald Trump?
Trump at least is indifferent on issues like marriage equality, drug reform, etc. Sometimes he pays lip service to the right, sometimes he doesn't bother. But Pence is very far to the right socially, to the point of being a dominionist.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:04 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:36 am
neverfail wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:
Trump at least is indifferent on issues like marriage equality, drug reform, etc. Sometimes he pays lip service to the right, sometimes he doesn't bother. But Pence is very far to the right socially, to the point of being a dominionist.
Drumbeats for impeachment echo across the Capitol Hill green. The lovely Nancy is striving to hold her folks back. The equally lovely Maxine is giving full support to impeach the belligerent manchild. Go ahead. Impeach the bastard. See what that gets them in 2020.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:22 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:04 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
neverfail wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:
Drumbeats for impeachment echo across the Capitol Hill green. The lovely Nancy is striving to hold her folks back. The equally lovely Maxine is giving full support to impeach the belligerent manchild. Go ahead. Impeach the bastard. See what that gets them in 2020.
Is this what American exceptionalism is all about? That most Americans are exceptionaly dumb, and those who aren't have given up?...

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:01 am

Sertorio wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:22 am
Jim the Moron wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:
neverfail wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:
Is this what American exceptionalism is all about? That most Americans are exceptionaly dumb, and those who aren't have given up?...
I wasn't talking about "American exceptionalism," so what's your point? If it is that lots of Americans are dumb, then that is a legit point. I was posting regarding efforts to impeach Trump.

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:33 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:01 am
Sertorio wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:22 am
Jim the Moron wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:
neverfail wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:
I wasn't talking about "American exceptionalism," so what's your point? If it is that lots of Americans are dumb, then that is a legit point. I was posting regarding efforts to impeach Trump.
Awaiting your response, Sertorio.