Impeachment!

Discussion of current events
User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 2060
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Northern Virginia, USA and Dominica, West Indies
Contact:

Re: Impeachment!

Post by SteveFoerster » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:32 am

The real question to me is what the point of impeaching Trump is when it means Mike Pence would be president. I don't think Democrats are being very careful what they wish for.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

neverfail
Posts: 3557
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am

Re: Impeachment!

Post by neverfail » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:38 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:32 am
The real question to me is what the point of impeaching Trump is when it means Mike Pence would be president. I don't think Democrats are being very careful what they wish for.
What is it about Mike Pence that in your view would likely make him a worse president than Donald Trump?

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 3019
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: Impeachment!

Post by cassowary » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:58 pm

Milo wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:22 am
cassowary wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:23 am
Milo wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:20 pm
cassowary wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:40 am
neverfail wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:38 am
cassowary wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:47 pm
It is no coincidence, neverail. Tax cuts and deregulation helped to give it a boost.
That might even be true cass. But it still does not exonerate Trump from a deserved impeachment should he be proven as guilty of even half the lawbreaking and committer of improprieties in public office as are alleged.

My one and only regret is that it had to await the arrival of a Democrats majority in Congress to make such a course possible. It clouds the waters by making the initiative look partisan. But alas, that's the American system for you.

I do hope that you are not seriously suggesting that Trump should be placed above the law just because he has presided over a latter-day fillip in economic growth.
There has been a Mueller investigation for two years. So far, I don't see any evidence of wrongdoing. Let's wait and see. His report should be out soon.

What do you think he is guilty of?
It's a year and a half

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_ ... of_Justice
So far, Mueller has not publicly revealed any links Trump had with the Russians. That was Mueller's investigation all about.
Why are you using the past tense?

This objection: that Mueller hasn't proved (or revealed) something before the investigation is over, is utterly spurious. Why would you, or anyone, expect an investigation to prove or reveal something before it's over?

For all you or anyone who isn't part of the investigation knows they have proved this many times over but are keeping it to themselves, so as not to give away things to the parties under investigation. As a matter of fact that is the an obvious and likely conclusion. Why is this so hard for you, or anyone? It defies common sense and the most rudimentary understanding of law.

Why even bring it up? Why not wait till a report is issued, which there has to be?

Incidentally Mueller so far is the most effective Special Counsel / Prosecutor in US history. No other has produced so many pleas and indictments or been so circumspect and professional in the face of such howling hysteria and absurd slander.
You are so sure Trump is guilty of collusion with the Russians. I prefer to wait for hard evidence before jumping to conclusions.
The Imp :D

User avatar
Milo
Posts: 1944
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: Impeachment!

Post by Milo » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:21 pm

cassowary wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:58 pm
Milo wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:22 am
cassowary wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:23 am
Milo wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:20 pm
cassowary wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:40 am
neverfail wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:38 am


That might even be true cass. But it still does not exonerate Trump from a deserved impeachment should he be proven as guilty of even half the lawbreaking and committer of improprieties in public office as are alleged.

My one and only regret is that it had to await the arrival of a Democrats majority in Congress to make such a course possible. It clouds the waters by making the initiative look partisan. But alas, that's the American system for you.

I do hope that you are not seriously suggesting that Trump should be placed above the law just because he has presided over a latter-day fillip in economic growth.
There has been a Mueller investigation for two years. So far, I don't see any evidence of wrongdoing. Let's wait and see. His report should be out soon.

What do you think he is guilty of?
It's a year and a half

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_ ... of_Justice
So far, Mueller has not publicly revealed any links Trump had with the Russians. That was Mueller's investigation all about.
Why are you using the past tense?

This objection: that Mueller hasn't proved (or revealed) something before the investigation is over, is utterly spurious. Why would you, or anyone, expect an investigation to prove or reveal something before it's over?

For all you or anyone who isn't part of the investigation knows they have proved this many times over but are keeping it to themselves, so as not to give away things to the parties under investigation. As a matter of fact that is the an obvious and likely conclusion. Why is this so hard for you, or anyone? It defies common sense and the most rudimentary understanding of law.

Why even bring it up? Why not wait till a report is issued, which there has to be?

Incidentally Mueller so far is the most effective Special Counsel / Prosecutor in US history. No other has produced so many pleas and indictments or been so circumspect and professional in the face of such howling hysteria and absurd slander.
You are so sure Trump is guilty of collusion with the Russians. I prefer to wait for hard evidence before jumping to conclusions.
Although I am sure of that you appear to have missed the point by a couple of light years.

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 2975
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: Impeachment!

Post by Doc » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:52 pm

Milo wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:21 pm
cassowary wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:58 pm
Milo wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:22 am
cassowary wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:23 am
Milo wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:20 pm
cassowary wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:40 am


There has been a Mueller investigation for two years. So far, I don't see any evidence of wrongdoing. Let's wait and see. His report should be out soon.

What do you think he is guilty of?
It's a year and a half

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_ ... of_Justice
So far, Mueller has not publicly revealed any links Trump had with the Russians. That was Mueller's investigation all about.
Why are you using the past tense?

This objection: that Mueller hasn't proved (or revealed) something before the investigation is over, is utterly spurious. Why would you, or anyone, expect an investigation to prove or reveal something before it's over?

For all you or anyone who isn't part of the investigation knows they have proved this many times over but are keeping it to themselves, so as not to give away things to the parties under investigation. As a matter of fact that is the an obvious and likely conclusion. Why is this so hard for you, or anyone? It defies common sense and the most rudimentary understanding of law.

Why even bring it up? Why not wait till a report is issued, which there has to be?

Incidentally Mueller so far is the most effective Special Counsel / Prosecutor in US history. No other has produced so many pleas and indictments or been so circumspect and professional in the face of such howling hysteria and absurd slander.
You are so sure Trump is guilty of collusion with the Russians. I prefer to wait for hard evidence before jumping to conclusions.
Although I am sure of that you appear to have missed the point by a couple of light years.
IF you have specific evidence Milo then by all means put it on the table
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 2060
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Northern Virginia, USA and Dominica, West Indies
Contact:

Re: Impeachment!

Post by SteveFoerster » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:36 am

neverfail wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:38 pm
SteveFoerster wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:32 am
The real question to me is what the point of impeaching Trump is when it means Mike Pence would be president. I don't think Democrats are being very careful what they wish for.
What is it about Mike Pence that in your view would likely make him a worse president than Donald Trump?
Trump at least is indifferent on issues like marriage equality, drug reform, etc. Sometimes he pays lip service to the right, sometimes he doesn't bother. But Pence is very far to the right socially, to the point of being a dominionist.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Jim the Moron
Posts: 1413
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Impeachment!

Post by Jim the Moron » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:04 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:36 am
neverfail wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:38 pm
SteveFoerster wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:32 am
The real question to me is what the point of impeaching Trump is when it means Mike Pence would be president. I don't think Democrats are being very careful what they wish for.
What is it about Mike Pence that in your view would likely make him a worse president than Donald Trump?
Trump at least is indifferent on issues like marriage equality, drug reform, etc. Sometimes he pays lip service to the right, sometimes he doesn't bother. But Pence is very far to the right socially, to the point of being a dominionist.
Drumbeats for impeachment echo across the Capitol Hill green. The lovely Nancy is striving to hold her folks back. The equally lovely Maxine is giving full support to impeach the belligerent manchild. Go ahead. Impeach the bastard. See what that gets them in 2020.

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 2579
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Impeachment!

Post by Sertorio » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:22 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:04 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:36 am
neverfail wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:38 pm
SteveFoerster wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:32 am
The real question to me is what the point of impeaching Trump is when it means Mike Pence would be president. I don't think Democrats are being very careful what they wish for.
What is it about Mike Pence that in your view would likely make him a worse president than Donald Trump?
Trump at least is indifferent on issues like marriage equality, drug reform, etc. Sometimes he pays lip service to the right, sometimes he doesn't bother. But Pence is very far to the right socially, to the point of being a dominionist.
Drumbeats for impeachment echo across the Capitol Hill green. The lovely Nancy is striving to hold her folks back. The equally lovely Maxine is giving full support to impeach the belligerent manchild. Go ahead. Impeach the bastard. See what that gets them in 2020.
Is this what American exceptionalism is all about? That most Americans are exceptionaly dumb, and those who aren't have given up?...

Jim the Moron
Posts: 1413
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Impeachment!

Post by Jim the Moron » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:01 am

Sertorio wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:22 am
Jim the Moron wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:04 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:36 am
neverfail wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:38 pm
SteveFoerster wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:32 am
The real question to me is what the point of impeaching Trump is when it means Mike Pence would be president. I don't think Democrats are being very careful what they wish for.
What is it about Mike Pence that in your view would likely make him a worse president than Donald Trump?
Trump at least is indifferent on issues like marriage equality, drug reform, etc. Sometimes he pays lip service to the right, sometimes he doesn't bother. But Pence is very far to the right socially, to the point of being a dominionist.
Drumbeats for impeachment echo across the Capitol Hill green. The lovely Nancy is striving to hold her folks back. The equally lovely Maxine is giving full support to impeach the belligerent manchild. Go ahead. Impeach the bastard. See what that gets them in 2020.
Is this what American exceptionalism is all about? That most Americans are exceptionaly dumb, and those who aren't have given up?...
I wasn't talking about "American exceptionalism," so what's your point? If it is that lots of Americans are dumb, then that is a legit point. I was posting regarding efforts to impeach Trump.

Jim the Moron
Posts: 1413
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Impeachment!

Post by Jim the Moron » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:33 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:01 am
Sertorio wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:22 am
Jim the Moron wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:04 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:36 am
neverfail wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:38 pm
SteveFoerster wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:32 am
The real question to me is what the point of impeaching Trump is when it means Mike Pence would be president. I don't think Democrats are being very careful what they wish for.
What is it about Mike Pence that in your view would likely make him a worse president than Donald Trump?
Trump at least is indifferent on issues like marriage equality, drug reform, etc. Sometimes he pays lip service to the right, sometimes he doesn't bother. But Pence is very far to the right socially, to the point of being a dominionist.
Drumbeats for impeachment echo across the Capitol Hill green. The lovely Nancy is striving to hold her folks back. The equally lovely Maxine is giving full support to impeach the belligerent manchild. Go ahead. Impeach the bastard. See what that gets them in 2020.
Is this what American exceptionalism is all about? That most Americans are exceptionaly dumb, and those who aren't have given up?...
I wasn't talking about "American exceptionalism," so what's your point? If it is that lots of Americans are dumb, then that is a legit point. I was posting regarding efforts to impeach Trump.
Awaiting your response, Sertorio.

Post Reply