Impeachment!

Discussion of current events
Jim the Moron

Impeachment!

Post by Jim the Moron » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:10 pm

"The Inevitability of Impeachment"
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/th ... ar-BBRwwiF

What the heck. Impeach the bastard. So what does that get you? Likely no Senate conviction, but if - the left's worst nightmare - they get a President Pence.

SteveFoerster

Re: Impeachment!

Post by SteveFoerster » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:36 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:10 pm
"The Inevitability of Impeachment"
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/th ... ar-BBRwwiF

What the heck. Impeach the bastard. So what does that get you? Likely no Senate conviction, but if - the left's worst nightmare - they get a President Pence.
The prospect of Pence as president is the ultimate example of how Democrats should be careful what they wish for.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

neverfail

Re: ImPOUNDment?

Post by neverfail » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:16 am

(Old saying in countries that used to use a currency modelled on the British one of yore:). " Look after the Pence and the Pounds will look after themselves.". :lol: :mrgreen:

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:41 am

"Majority in poll want Trump impeached or censured"
https://www.thehill.com/homenews/admini ... r-censured

We can imagine President Trump somewhere in the WH chortling to himself contemplating the Dems in Congress knocking themselves out preparing articles of impeachment and/or a formal censure. Talk about tilting at windmills ...

Milo

Post by Milo » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:50 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:41 am

We can imagine President Trump somewhere in the WH chortling to himself contemplating the Dems in Congress knocking themselves out preparing articles of impeachment and/or a formal censure. Talk about tilting at windmills ...
2 years can be a long time and Trump is not expanding his circle of friends!

lzzrdgrrl

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:54 pm

Impeachment will start the harmonic destruction of the Republic for sure. The major activity of the body politic for the last two years has been to undo an election, now is there any reason for this not to continue? After all, if you undo my vote, why shouldn't I undo yours? I can see the general activity of the Republic will shift from running it to dismantling it - if it isn't happening already.......
I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:55 am

lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:54 pm
Impeachment will start the harmonic destruction of the Republic for sure. The major activity of the body politic for the last two years has been to undo an election, now is there any reason for this not to continue? After all, if you undo my vote, why shouldn't I undo yours? I can see the general activity of the Republic will shift from running it to dismantling it - if it isn't happening already.......
Did you vote for trump in 2016 with enthusiasm or with resignation?

lzzrdgrrl

Re: Impeachment! But First the Po Mo.....

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:43 am

neverfail wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:55 am
lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:54 pm
Did you vote for trump in 2016 with enthusiasm or with resignation?
Probably for the same reason I voted for Jesse Ventura for governor. To poke at something just to see if it was real and presupposes the entire electoral system is or was of little value. So, is nihilism and a soft riot mentality an enthusiasm or a resignation?........

The earliest manifestations of the notion of a Trump presidency presupposed a radical change in American culture and society that made such an event the cap to a logical progression. It fit in the world it presented. It was that America, and not Trump with the bad comb over that appalled the America of the 1980's - 90's. We gleefully dropped into that memespace, but we didn't see the whole of it; the consequenses of our fanciful ideas of social, economic and political policies catching up with us. Americans are tribal and nihilistic to an extent unrecognisable to the Woodstock Nation. We have more in common with modern day Nigerians that we do with 1960's hippies.......
I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:03 pm

:| Izz, you have left me speechless.

Milo

Post by Milo » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:59 am

Milo wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:50 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:41 am

2 years can be a long time and Trump is not expanding his circle of friends!
Case in point.

Romney says Trump 'has not risen to the mantle of the office' in scathing op-ed
"To a great degree, a presidency shapes the public character of the nation," Romney said. He later added: "With the nation so divided, resentful and angry, presidential leadership in qualities of character is indispensable. And it is in this province where the incumbent's shortfall has been most glaring."

While saying Trump's early administration appointments had been encouraging, Romney added that, "on balance, his conduct over the past two years, particularly his actions this month, is evidence that the president has not risen to the mantle of the office."

In describing a "deep descent" by the Trump presidency in December, Romney cited the departures of Defence Secretary Jim Mattis and White House chief of staff John Kelly and what he called the appointment of people of lesser experience, the abandonment of allies, and Trump's "thoughtless claim that America has long been a 'sucker' in world affairs."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/romney-cr ... -1.4963020