Discussion of current events
Milo

Merry Christmas!

Post by Milo » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:42 pm

To all!

Doc

Re: Merry Christmas!

Post by Doc » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:57 am

Merry Christmas Milo and happy new year to you and all.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:23 am

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:48 am

Merry Christmas, everyone!
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:20 am

One cannot celebrate Christmas one day a year, and make a mockery of it the other 364 days... People are being exploited, people are being killed and maimed, people are deprived of food and of medecines, and we do what? We celebrate Christmas for 24 hours?... Does that make us feel good? Perhaps it shouldn't...

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:34 am

Merry Christmas everybody! :D

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:30 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:20 am
One cannot celebrate Christmas one day a year, and make a mockery of it the other 364 days... People are being exploited, people are being killed and maimed, people are deprived of food and of medecines, and we do what? We celebrate Christmas for 24 hours?... Does that make us feel good? Perhaps it shouldn't...
Absolutely, and that's why I never stop calling for Peace On Earth though non-interventionism, and Goodwill To Men through the voluntary interactions of the marketplace.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:18 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:30 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Absolutely, and that's why I never stop calling for Peace On Earth though non-interventionism, and Goodwill To Men through the voluntary interactions of the marketplace.
That sounds naive. Non-intervention in Europe during WWII would have led to victory by Nazi Germany. Non-intervention in Korea would have resulted in South Korea under them thumb of the Kim dynasty. Non-intervention in Vietnam might have resulted in SE Asia under Communist rule (according to LKY).

Non-intervention does not lead to peace.

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:22 am

cassowary wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:18 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
That sounds naive. Non-intervention in Europe during WWII would have led to victory by Nazi Germany. Non-intervention in Korea would have resulted in South Korea under them thumb of the Kim dynasty. Non-intervention in Vietnam might have resulted in SE Asia under Communist rule (according to LKY).

Non-intervention in Europe during the first world war would have prevented everything you just listed.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:38 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:22 am
cassowary wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:18 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Sertorio wrote:

Non-intervention in Europe during the first world war would have prevented everything you just listed.
Non-intervention in Europe in WWI would have resulted in an Europe dominated by the Kaiser. The Russians were defeated and German troops were shifted to the western front. France and the British, the two major democracies in Europe would have been defeated. I am not sure if that is better.