The Persecution of China's Uighurs

Discussion of current events
cassowary

The Persecution of China's Uighurs

Post by cassowary » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:01 pm

China's Uighurs face Chinese persecution
Human Rights Watch says Uighur people in particular are subject to intense surveillance and are made to give DNA and biometric samples. Those with relatives in 26 "sensitive" countries have reportedly been rounded up, and up to a million detained. Rights groups say people in camps are made to learn Mandarin Chinese and criticise or renounce their faith.

What has the BBC learned

Prisoners told us of physical as well as psychological torture in the camps. Entire families had disappeared, and we were told detainees were tortured physically and mentally. We also saw evidence of almost a complete surveillance state in Xinjiang.
China knows that Islam is a regressive religion that makes co-existence with infidels impossible. This will eventually turn the Muslim world against China.

A pox on both their houses. The US should encourage a jihad against China. Or maybe not. They need little encouragement. The first thing to do is to end its war against the jihadists so that they can the Islamofascists can fight to liberate their brethren in Xinjiang.

How? The US should pull out of Afghanistan. Leave Afghanistan to its fate. The Islamofascists/jihadists will soon refocus on China. They know that China is a bigger threat to them then the US. After all, they are closer.

Will Xinjiang be the Chinese Afghanistan?
The Imp :D

Sertorio

Re: The Persecution of China's Uighurs

Post by Sertorio » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:38 am

cassowary wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:01 pm

Being yourself Chinese, I guess you know the answer to that...

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:39 am

Sertorio wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:38 am
cassowary wrote:

No I don’t. And being Chinese does not give me any special insight to this question. It depends on what Muslims will do with regards to the internment of 1 million Muslims by China.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:35 am

The Uighurs are doomed!

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:12 am

cassowary wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:39 am
Sertorio wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:38 am
cassowary wrote:

No I don’t. And being Chinese does not give me any special insight to this question. It depends on what Muslims will do with regards to the internment of 1 million Muslims by China.
You know China's history. Do you know of any situation in which a local rebellion defeated China's central power?

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:59 am

Yes. It happened many times in fact. China's dynasties follow a pattern. A dynasty grows corrupt and weak. A regional rebellion brings it down. A new dynasty starts. It made great accomplishments. Then it grows weak and the cycle starts anew.

In this case, things will be different from the past. Maybe, the Muslim world will get angry with China. Fanatical Muslims target China and Chinese interests around the world. Jihadists make a beeline to Xinjiang. The CCP will find Xinjiang a quagmire it can't get out of. It is part of China. Letting one province go is a sign of weakness it dares not show. Or other provinces will want to break away.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:31 pm

cassowary wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:59 am
Yes. It happened many times in fact. China's dynasties follow a pattern. A dynasty grows corrupt and weak. A regional rebellion brings it down. A new dynasty starts. It made great accomplishments. Then it grows weak and the cycle starts anew.

In this case, things will be different from the past. Maybe, the Muslim world will get angry with China. Fanatical Muslims target China and Chinese interests around the world. Jihadists make a beeline to Xinjiang. The CCP will find Xinjiang a quagmire it can't get out of. It is part of China. Letting one province go is a sign of weakness it dares not show. Or other provinces will want to break away.
Too many Han; too few Uighurs. They will be crushed.

Cass, I too have studied Chinese history and on average a Chinese dynastic state usually lasted an average of around 300 years before falling to internal chaos or foreign invasion. Based upon that average life expectancy precept the current latest manifestation of the traditional Chinese imperial state template then the current regime is still too far from its use by expiry date. I do not believe that foreign jihads, Even if they can infiltrate their way into Xinjiang (unlikely, given the desert physical conditions and the tracking/monitoring technology the PRC government must have at its disposal) I doubt whether they could ever dislodge the PRC from that region.

Doc

Post by Doc » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:54 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:31 pm
cassowary wrote:

Cass, I too have studied Chinese history and on average a Chinese dynastic state usually lasted an average of around 300 years before falling to internal chaos or foreign invasion. Based upon that average life expectancy precept the current latest manifestation of the traditional Chinese imperial state template then the current regime is still too far from its use by expiry date. I do not believe that foreign jihads, Even if they can infiltrate their way into Xinjiang (unlikely, given the desert physical conditions and the tracking/monitoring technology the PRC government must have at its disposal) I doubt whether they could ever dislodge the PRC from that region.
Given that Muslim believe the Chinese will inherent the earth the treatment of the Uighurs must be devastating to them.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:43 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:31 pm
cassowary wrote:

Then how come, Afghanistan gave the USSR so much trouble?

Even if you are right, the jihadists can attack Chinese interests in their countries. Unfortunately, the overseas Chinese might get hurt. I am thinking of places like Indonesia.

cassowary

The New Great Satan - China

Post by cassowary » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:43 am

I have confidence in the fanaticism that Islam produces. Radical Muslims were not afraid to take on the USSR in Afghanistan, nor the Americans in Afghanistan and Iraq. Both were superpowers. Now it looks like China might get a taste of jihadism, now that they have done the great sin of attacking Islam. Forcing Muslims to give up their faith is an attack on Islam, according to their scriptures.

The US should lie low. Don't antagonize the Muslim world. Pulling out of the Mid East seems to be the right thing to do in light of what has happened in Xinjiang. Then watch the attention shift to the new Great Satan.
Justifications for jihad.
Protecting the freedom of Muslims to practise their faith