The Decline of the Russian Navy

Discussion of current events
Jim the Moron
Posts: 1446
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: The Decline of the Russian Navy

Post by Jim the Moron » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:48 am

Fear not!



The British to the rescue! Britain rules the waves!

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 3071
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: The Decline of the Russian Navy

Post by cassowary » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:32 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:26 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:12 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:42 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:56 am
Sertorio wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:20 am
On the other hand, you see the US depending on its 11 aircraft carriers, all of which could be expected to be sunk in the early stages of any war against Russia. What could the US do then, once its aircraft carriers have been destroyed?
The suggestion that the U.S. Navy has no ability to detect and neutralise Russian submarines is, at best, your own equal and opposite flight of fancy.

And since we're all citing the same site, here's an article about that:

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-b ... sink-17318
US aircraft carriers wouldn't be sunk by Russian submarines, but by long range, hypersonic, cruise missiles.
All this proves is that you didn't read the article.
I did. And it showed that they were not aware of the most recent Russian weapons. Weapons that no existing US defenses can stop.
Jim Mathis said the Russian scramjet does not change the balance of power,

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-b ... ould-24871
The Imp :D

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 2663
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: The Decline of the Russian Navy

Post by Sertorio » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:39 pm

cassowary wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:32 pm

Jim Mathis said the Russian scramjet does not change the balance of power,

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-b ... ould-24871
He is wrong. The missile he should be worrying about is the Zircon (see above).

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 3056
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: The Decline of the Russian Navy

Post by Doc » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:17 pm

Russia's navy has been reduced to a largely Green Water navy. Russian Navy ships are always escorted by a sea tug to tow them back to port when they break down.---Says it all:



Now of course that started off with Pepsi becoming the sixth largest submarine power in the world. If only for a short period of time.

https://www.redkalinka.com/Russian-Blog ... ary-power/
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 3071
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: The Decline of the Russian Navy

Post by cassowary » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:53 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:39 pm
cassowary wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:32 pm

Jim Mathis said the Russian scramjet does not change the balance of power,

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-b ... ould-24871
He is wrong. The missile he should be worrying about is the Zircon (see above).
The article called the missile the “ Dagger”. It’s a hypersonic missile. It was also fired from a MIG 31. I think it’s the same missile.
The Imp :D

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 2663
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: The Decline of the Russian Navy

Post by Sertorio » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:09 am

cassowary wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:53 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:39 pm
cassowary wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:32 pm

Jim Mathis said the Russian scramjet does not change the balance of power,

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-b ... ould-24871
He is wrong. The missile he should be worrying about is the Zircon (see above).
The article called the missile the “ Dagger”. It’s a hypersonic missile. It was also fired from a MIG 31. I think it’s the same missile.
It's not, and you know it.

User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 2060
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Northern Virginia, USA and Dominica, West Indies
Contact:

Re: The Decline of the Russian Navy

Post by SteveFoerster » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:05 am

Doc wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:17 pm
Russia's navy has been reduced to a largely Green Water navy. Russian Navy ships are always escorted by a sea tug to tow them back to port when they break down.---Says it all:



Now of course that started off with Pepsi becoming the sixth largest submarine power in the world. If only for a short period of time.

https://www.redkalinka.com/Russian-Blog ... ary-power/
I didn't know that, that's fascinating!

It reminds me of how an energy drink had a better space programme than most countries: http://www.redbullstratos.com/the-missi ... cord-jump/
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 3056
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: The Decline of the Russian Navy

Post by Doc » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:09 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:05 am
Doc wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:17 pm
Russia's navy has been reduced to a largely Green Water navy. Russian Navy ships are always escorted by a sea tug to tow them back to port when they break down.---Says it all:



Now of course that started off with Pepsi becoming the sixth largest submarine power in the world. If only for a short period of time.

https://www.redkalinka.com/Russian-Blog ... ary-power/
I didn't know that, that's fascinating!

It reminds me of how an energy drink had a better space programme than most countries: http://www.redbullstratos.com/the-missi ... cord-jump/
Yeah I watched that live. Pretty cool. Most people don't realize it but it is possible, by creating right circumstances, to jump to earth from outer space.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Post Reply