Blue or Red Wave?

Discussion of current events
Post Reply
User avatar
lzzrdgrrl
Posts: 391
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:18 pm
Location: Okie Doke

Re: Blue or Red Wave?

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:04 am

The US bills itself as the “greatest democracy on Earth” but that’s just good ol’ American exceptionalism. It’s one of the world’s oldest and most enduring democracies but the most democratic, it ain’t.
Every time you say that, the curtain parts and this is revealed:

Image
I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 2201
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Voter Fraud in glass house Australia

Post by Doc » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:17 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:57 pm
:D

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal ... 50es9.html
The US bills itself as the “greatest democracy on Earth” but that’s just good ol’ American exceptionalism. It’s one of the world’s oldest and most enduring democracies but the most democratic, it ain’t.

Frankly, if the US were a developing country, we’d be sending in international observers to monitor whether the elections were “fair and free”.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-14/ ... on/9868820
Former Auburn deputy mayor Salim Mehajer apologises for trying to rig 2012 council election
By Ashleigh Raper

Updated 14 Jun 2018, 12:37am
Waiting for your call for international observers to monitor whether Australian elections are "fair and free"
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Jim the Moron
Posts: 1071
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Voter Fraud in glass house Australia

Post by Jim the Moron » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:42 pm

Doc wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:17 pm
neverfail wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:57 pm
:D

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal ... 50es9.html
The US bills itself as the “greatest democracy on Earth” but that’s just good ol’ American exceptionalism. It’s one of the world’s oldest and most enduring democracies but the most democratic, it ain’t.

Frankly, if the US were a developing country, we’d be sending in international observers to monitor whether the elections were “fair and free”.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-14/ ... on/9868820
Former Auburn deputy mayor Salim Mehajer apologises for trying to rig 2012 council election
By Ashleigh Raper

Updated 14 Jun 2018, 12:37am
Waiting for your call for international observers to monitor whether Australian elections are "fair and free"
Not to worry down under. Heck, they've had 4 PM's in the last 3 years. A shive in the back is worth a vote any old day.

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 2201
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: Voter Fraud in glass house Australia

Post by Doc » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:54 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:42 pm
Doc wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:17 pm
neverfail wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:57 pm
:D

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal ... 50es9.html
The US bills itself as the “greatest democracy on Earth” but that’s just good ol’ American exceptionalism. It’s one of the world’s oldest and most enduring democracies but the most democratic, it ain’t.

Frankly, if the US were a developing country, we’d be sending in international observers to monitor whether the elections were “fair and free”.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-14/ ... on/9868820
Former Auburn deputy mayor Salim Mehajer apologises for trying to rig 2012 council election
By Ashleigh Raper

Updated 14 Jun 2018, 12:37am
Waiting for your call for international observers to monitor whether Australian elections are "fair and free"
Not to worry down under. Heck, they've had 4 PM's in the last 3 years. A shive in the back is worth a vote any old day.
Right, we should send US democrats to Australia to monitor the elections there. They know all about how to use shives.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 2441
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: "good ol’ American exceptionalism." - a substandard, malfunctioning electoral system?

Post by cassowary » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:07 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:57 pm
:D

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal ... 50es9.html
The US bills itself as the “greatest democracy on Earth” but that’s just good ol’ American exceptionalism. It’s one of the world’s oldest and most enduring democracies but the most democratic, it ain’t.

Frankly, if the US were a developing country, we’d be sending in international observers to monitor whether the elections were “fair and free”.
I have been monitoring the "Democracy Index", for years. The US has been dropping. Now it is at the 21st position and rated "Flawed Democracy", same category as Singapore, Japan, and South Korea, although high up in the category. With this cheating by the Democrats, I think their ranking will drop further.

Jim the Moron
Posts: 1071
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Voter Fraud in glass house Australia

Post by Jim the Moron » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:01 pm

Doc wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:54 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:42 pm
Doc wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:17 pm
neverfail wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:57 pm
:D

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal ... 50es9.html
The US bills itself as the “greatest democracy on Earth” but that’s just good ol’ American exceptionalism. It’s one of the world’s oldest and most enduring democracies but the most democratic, it ain’t.

Frankly, if the US were a developing country, we’d be sending in international observers to monitor whether the elections were “fair and free”.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-14/ ... on/9868820
Former Auburn deputy mayor Salim Mehajer apologises for trying to rig 2012 council election
By Ashleigh Raper

Updated 14 Jun 2018, 12:37am
Waiting for your call for international observers to monitor whether Australian elections are "fair and free"
Not to worry down under. Heck, they've had 4 PM's in the last 3 years. A shive in the back is worth a vote any old day.
Right, we should send US democrats to Australia to monitor the elections there. They know all about how to use shives.
I just checked. Shives are legal in Australia. "Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown."

neverfail
Posts: 2725
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am

Re: Voter Fraud in glass house Australia

Post by neverfail » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:27 pm

Doc wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:17 pm


https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-14/ ... on/9868820
Former Auburn deputy mayor Salim Mehajer apologises for trying to rig 2012 council election
By Ashleigh Raper

Updated 14 Jun 2018, 12:37am
Waiting for your call for international observers to monitor whether Australian elections are "fair and free"
:lol:

No need. He got caught and punished for his attempted misdeeds. :)

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-22/ ... ng/9898398

The difference between having a good system in which dishonest individuals sometimes come to the fore and a fundamentally crooked system (like in the US) where honest political leadership cannot prosper. :(

Jim the Moron
Posts: 1071
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Blue or Red Wave?

Post by Jim the Moron » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:03 am

"Crazy Australian Politics"


A feature of discussions on this forum is the willingness of posters to be critical of their governments, especially their politics. That also holds true for the many Australian expats with whom I interacted over the years in SE Asia.

Where is noddy when we need him?

Jim the Moron
Posts: 1071
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Blue or Red Wave?

Post by Jim the Moron » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:14 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:03 am
"Crazy Australian Politics"


A feature of discussions on this forum is the willingness of posters to be critical of their governments, especially their politics. That also holds true for the many Australian expats with whom I interacted over the years in SE Asia.

Where is noddy when we need him?
Don't know what happened - won't try to link BBC in the future. A few quotes:

A call for Australia's flawed "constitution to be changed."

"Australia is a lucky country run mainly by second-rate people."

"In April only 54% of Australians knew who he [the current PM] was."

A major candidate for the PM job "couldn't organise a one-car parade."

Normally I wouldn't bother to post such stuff, but it's getting tiresome reading about how terrible America is while putting up Australia as a paragon of virtuous governance.

User avatar
lzzrdgrrl
Posts: 391
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:18 pm
Location: Okie Doke

Re: Blue or Red Wave?

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:27 am

Jim the Moron wrote:Don't know what happened - won't try to link BBC in the future. A few quotes:
I've heard rumours that the BBC page is a sub forum of /BANT on 4chan. I'll have to check.......'.........
I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

Post Reply