The Trump's incriminating collusion with Russia megathread.

Discussion of current events
User avatar
dagbay
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:27 pm

Re: The Trump's incriminating collusion with Russia megathread.

Post by dagbay » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:04 am

Trump so far was able to play the MSM and the Democrats in Congress quite effectively while operating under duress in furthering his agenda. He has used the usual attention diverting approach that most politicians use but took it to an unprecedented level. It seems however now that the web of allegations and conspiracy that Democrats the MSM and some GOP members have been weaving is getting tighter. That might also be an illusion as these members of the Trump opposition are not the standard of honest play. The USA has a strange political system that will not jail certain politicians no matter how far they stray from the norms that would land any ordinary man in prison without a key. Nevertheless, the very same system will give excessive stage and stature to disruptor.
I'd rather be diving or flying alas for now I am on terra firma.

Jim the Moron
Posts: 839
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: The Trump's incriminating collusion with Russia megathread.

Post by Jim the Moron » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:52 am

"The USA has a strange political system that will not jail certain politicians no matter how far they stray from the norms." (dagbay)
At first blush "Clinton" came to mind. But maybe I'm paranoid.

User avatar
Milo
Posts: 1151
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: The Trump's incriminating collusion with Russia megathread.

Post by Milo » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:51 am

Doc wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:12 pm
Milo wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:02 pm
Doc wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:44 pm
Milo wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:08 am
You miss the point Doc.
Actually, no I don't Milo.
Doc, Trump is now caught in a great big whopping lie about whether his campaign colluded with the Russians.
Actually Mueller is about to be fired for conflict of interest. He hasn't found any evidence of Trump Russia collusion so now he is using his right hand hatchet man to dig for dirt for opposition research for 2020. His right hand hatchet guy has a history however:



Then tonight Bharara went on a Twitter rant that complete disqualifies him from his current position

Except for the part where collusion has been admitted already!

User avatar
dagbay
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:27 pm

Re: The Trump's incriminating collusion with Russia megathread.

Post by dagbay » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:26 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:52 am
"The USA has a strange political system that will not jail certain politicians no matter how far they stray from the norms." (dagbay)
At first blush "Clinton" came to mind. But maybe I'm paranoid.
Correct instinct Jim. But there are so many others with similar protection.
Remember Huma not a politician but close with one, who kept a store of classified docs on her home pc. Most people will serve 10 for that. The list is long and the pattern is set.
I'd rather be diving or flying alas for now I am on terra firma.

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 1833
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: The Trump's incriminating collusion with Russia megathread.

Post by Doc » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:47 am

Milo wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:51 am
Doc wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:12 pm
Milo wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:02 pm
Doc wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:44 pm
Milo wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:08 am
You miss the point Doc.
Actually, no I don't Milo.
Doc, Trump is now caught in a great big whopping lie about whether his campaign colluded with the Russians.
Actually Mueller is about to be fired for conflict of interest. He hasn't found any evidence of Trump Russia collusion so now he is using his right hand hatchet man to dig for dirt for opposition research for 2020. His right hand hatchet guy has a history however:



Then tonight Bharara went on a Twitter rant that complete disqualifies him from his current position

Except for the part where collusion has been admitted already!
There has been no admission of collusion. Unless of course if your definition of collusion is "Special"
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

User avatar
Milo
Posts: 1151
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: The Trump's incriminating collusion with Russia megathread.

Post by Milo » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:02 pm

Doc wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:47 am
Milo wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:51 am
Doc wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:12 pm
Milo wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:02 pm
Doc wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:44 pm
Milo wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:08 am
You miss the point Doc.
Actually, no I don't Milo.
Doc, Trump is now caught in a great big whopping lie about whether his campaign colluded with the Russians.
Actually Mueller is about to be fired for conflict of interest. He hasn't found any evidence of Trump Russia collusion so now he is using his right hand hatchet man to dig for dirt for opposition research for 2020. His right hand hatchet guy has a history however:



Then tonight Bharara went on a Twitter rant that complete disqualifies him from his current position

Except for the part where collusion has been admitted already!
There has been no admission of collusion. Unless of course if your definition of collusion is "Special"
Sure there has.

And more to come!

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 1833
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: The Trump's incriminating collusion with Russia megathread.

Post by Doc » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:09 pm

Milo wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:02 pm
Doc wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:47 am
Milo wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:51 am
Doc wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:12 pm
Milo wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:02 pm
Doc wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:44 pm


Actually, no I don't Milo.
Doc, Trump is now caught in a great big whopping lie about whether his campaign colluded with the Russians.
Actually Mueller is about to be fired for conflict of interest. He hasn't found any evidence of Trump Russia collusion so now he is using his right hand hatchet man to dig for dirt for opposition research for 2020. His right hand hatchet guy has a history however:



Then tonight Bharara went on a Twitter rant that complete disqualifies him from his current position

Except for the part where collusion has been admitted already!
There has been no admission of collusion. Unless of course if your definition of collusion is "Special"
Sure there has.

And more to come!
When you can come up with any references do let me know.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

User avatar
Milo
Posts: 1151
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: The Trump's incriminating collusion with Russia megathread.

Post by Milo » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:55 pm

■ I had no meetings with Russia as a campaign representative - Trump Jr (March 2017)
■ It was a short meeting but we only talked about adoption - Trump Jr (8 July)
■ I was promised dirt on Clinton but her statements were vague - Trump Jr (9 July)
■ It was standard opposition research - Trump Jr (10 July)
■ The president was "not involved in the drafting" of the statement - President Trump's lawyer (16 July)
■ The president "weighed in" on the statement - White House spokeswoman (1 August)

Trump 'weighed in' on son's statement about Russian meeting
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40795122

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 1833
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: The Trump's incriminating collusion with Russia megathread.

Post by Doc » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:06 pm

Milo wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:55 pm
■ I had no meetings with Russia as a campaign representative - Trump Jr (March 2017)
■ It was a short meeting but we only talked about adoption - Trump Jr (8 July)
■ I was promised dirt on Clinton but her statements were vague - Trump Jr (9 July)
■ It was standard opposition research - Trump Jr (10 July)
■ The president was "not involved in the drafting" of the statement - President Trump's lawyer (16 July)
■ The president "weighed in" on the statement - White House spokeswoman (1 August)

Trump 'weighed in' on son's statement about Russian meeting
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40795122
You are still without any real evidence of Trump doing illegal WRT the Russians.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 1833
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: The Trump's incriminating collusion with Russia megathread.

Post by Doc » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:04 pm

Obama Aide Ben Rhodes now implicated in the unmasking of Trump's campaign staff by the Barrack Hussein Obama administration
Former Obama Aide Ben Rhodes now a person of interest in unmasking investigation

Former Obama White House National Security Adviser Ben Rhodes is now an emerging as a person of interest in the House Intelligence Committee’s unmasking investigation, according to a letter sent Tuesday by the committee to the National Security Agency (NSA). This adds Rhodes to the growing list of top Obama government officials who may have improperly unmasked Americans in communications intercepted overseas by the NSA, Circa has confirmed.

The House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes, R-CA, sent the letter to the National Security Agency requesting the number of unmaskings made by Rhodes from Jan. 1, 2016 to Jan. 20, 2017, according to congressional sources who spoke with Circa. Rhodes, who worked closely with former National Security Adviser Susan Rice and was a former deputy national security adviser for strategic communications for President Obama, became a focus of the committee during its review of classified information to assess whether laws were broken regarding NSA intercepted communications of President Trump, members of his administration and other Americans before and after the election, according to congressional officials. The committee is requesting that the NSA deliver the information on Rhodes by August, 21.

Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power, Rice and former CIA Director John Brennan have all been named in the House Intelligence Committee's investigation into the unmasking of Americans. A letter sent last week from Nunes to Dan Coats, the director of National Intelligence, suggested that top Obama aides made hundreds of unmasking requests during the 2016 presidential elections. The story, which was first reported by The Hill last week, stated that the requests were made without specific justifications as to why the unmasking was necessary. Rice and Brennan have confirmed they sought the unredacted names of Americans in NSA-sourced intelligence reports but insisted their requests were routine parts of their work and had no nefarious intentions. Power also has legal authority to unmask officials, though the practice has not reportedly been common for someone in her position. Rhodes also had legal authority to unmask Americans in NSA-source intelligence reports. But intelligence and congressional sources question the extent of the unmasking.

Nunes told Coats in a letter last week that the committee has "found evidence that current and former government officials had easy access to U.S. person information and that it is possible that they used this information to achieve partisan political purposes, including the selective, anonymous leaking of such information.”

Multiple federal law enforcement and intelligence officials told Circa, that requesting an unmasking for intelligence and analytical purposes is something that is done only when the information is absolutely necessary to analyze a specific threat or for other national security purposes. An intelligence source, with direct knowledge of the type of requests made by the Obama aides, said "it's like hell and high water to fill out and gain approval for these types of unmaskings. It's something analysts take seriously and could entail filling out 80 pages of paperwork to prove there is a need to unmask. If top officials were unmasking without oversight it's something everyone should be concerned about and it puts our intelligence community in a very bad place."

Retired House Intelligence Committee Chairman Pete Hoekstra, (R-MI) and nominee to be U.S. ambassador to the Netherlands, who was a supporter of the NSA programs, said he is "deeply concerned" that there may have been an abuse of power regarding the warrantless spying programs, saying "there needs to be a full investigation into who was being unmasked and why. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if there isn't enough votes to reauthorize the program, unless this situation can be resolved."

Hoekstra noted how unusual it was for senior officials to request hundreds of unmaskings of Americans and "the apparent lack of explanation for why such unmaskings were necessary."

The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act is set to expire at the end of the year and the most significant part of the act is Section 702, which allows a secret federal court to approve - under specified conditions - the collection of communications on foreign persons overseas at the request of the intelligence community. The unmasking of American's occurs when an American is communicating with a person overseas and they are incidentally swept up in the communications.

"It appears Section 702 became a backdoor for unmasking Americans without cause and if that is the case then a full investigation is not only needed but warranted," said another intelligence official, with direct knowledge of the program. "It would be a gross violation of Constitutional rights."
Advertisement

Last week, CNN reported Rhodes met with the Senate Intelligence Committee to discuss the Russia probe. The panel did not respond to comment seeking confirmation of the meeting.

Rice and Brennan have confirmed they sought the unredacted names of Americans in NSA-sourced intelligence reports but insisted their requests were routine parts of their work and had no nefarious intentions. Power, as U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations also has legal authority to unmask officials, though the practice has not reportedly been common for someone in her position. Rhodes, who served as deputy national security adviser, also had legal authority to unmask Americans in NSA-source intelligence reports. But intelligence and congressional sources question the extent of the unmasking.

The number of Americans' identities who have been unmasked appears to have increased beginning last July around the same time Trump secured the GOP nomination. The number accelerated after Trump’s election in November launched a transition that continued through January, as reported by Circa.

U.S. officials and lawmakers have raised concern that the gathering of such intelligence was used for political espionage, Circa has learned.

According to U.S. officials who spoke to Circa on condition of anonymity, the intelligence reports included some intercepts of Americans talking to foreigners and many more involving foreign leaders talking about the future president, his campaign associates or his transition. They noted that most of the intercepts had little to do with the Russian election interference scandal and some appeared to have nothing to do with national security.

During his last year in office the Obama administration significantly expanded efforts to search National Security Agency intercepts for information about Americans, distributing thousands of intelligence reports across government with the unredacted names of U.S. residents during the midst of a divisive 2016 presidential election. The data was made available by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, and reported by Circa in May. It provided evidence of how information accidentally collected by the NSA overseas about Americans was subsequently searched and disseminated after the Obama administration loosened privacy protections asked for by the intelligence community to make such sharing easier in 2011.

According to the documents reviewed by Circa, government officials conducted 30,355 searches in 2016 seeking information about Americans in NSA intercept meta-data, which include telephone numbers and email addresses. The activity was a 27.5 percent increase over the prior year and more than triple the 9,500 such searches that occurred in 2013, the first year such data was kept. In 2016 the administration also scoured the actual contents of NSA intercepted calls and emails for 5,288 Americans, an increase of 13 percent over the prior year and a massive spike from the 198 names searched in 2013, according to the data.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Post Reply