Post by Jim the Moron » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:33 am

Sertorio wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:01 am
Jim the Moron wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:36 am
Europe as a "peaceful empire."
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2018/1 ... sanctions/
Ah, yes, a Pax Europa . . .

"We are a sovereign continent." Sure, or at least until it faces its next existential threat (likely from radical Islam). Then it again becomes subservient to, you guessed it, the U.S. But maybe this time America will ignore Europe's plight.
That, I assure you, will not happen ever again.
I have a hunch you are right. If so, the Europeans and the Americans benefit equally.

Doc

Re: US Foreign Policy

Post by Doc » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:30 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:33 am
Sertorio wrote:
Jim the Moron wrote:

"We are a sovereign continent." Sure, or at least until it faces its next existential threat (likely from radical Islam). Then it again becomes subservient to, you guessed it, the U.S. But maybe this time America will ignore Europe's plight.
I have a hunch you are right. If so, the Europeans and the Americans benefit equally.
I think you are wrong. Europe will eventually be a caliphate
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:36 pm

Doc wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:30 am
Jim the Moron wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
Jim the Moron wrote:

As long as the Calipha is not called Donald Trump... :D

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:45 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:36 pm
Doc wrote:
Jim the Moron wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
Jim the Moron wrote:

I am waiting for the the Islamofascistland France to open
15x0nz.jpg
15x0nz.jpg (77.95 KiB) Viewed 3875 times
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:57 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Doc wrote:
Jim the Moron wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
Jim the Moron wrote:

The sad thing is that you mean it.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:47 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:57 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Doc wrote:
Jim the Moron wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
Jim the Moron wrote:

The sad thing is that you mean it.
We are too old a civilization to be willing to accept being under anyone's control. Whether from a Muslim Calipha or an American Hegemon. But we are more concerned about the latter than about the former. The overwhelming majority of Muslims in Europe are bound to be fully integrated, after having been secularized and become used to our ways. The radical fringe will be eliminated, whether by deportation or by means similar to those we have used in the past against unwelcome minorities. We are a civilized people, but not civilized enough to have completely forgotten some more muscular ways...

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:15 pm

RIP George H.W. Bush

There has been much conversation re HW's foreign policy "accomplishments."

Ref the fall of the USSR - credit Gorby.

Ref Kuwait - rather than putting US ground forces in there, there should have been a relentless bombing of Saddam's palaces and the various hangouts of his barbaric sons. They might still be "retired" elsewhere, to Iraq's benefit.

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:51 am

As usual, I see no reason to praise someone in death who didn't deserve it in life.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:28 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:15 pm
RIP George H.W. Bush

Ref Kuwait - rather than putting US ground forces in there, there should have been a relentless bombing of Saddam's palaces and the various hangouts of his barbaric sons. They might still be "retired" elsewhere, to Iraq's benefit.
Operation Desert Storm to rescue Kuwait (annexed by Iraqi forces) was sanctioned by a United Nations resolution whose brief was only to remove Iraqi occupation forces from Kuwait; not to invade Iraq.

There was NO UN resolution in support of the (unprovoked) US led 2003 invasion of iraq which was widely condemned internationally as violation of a sovereign state's sovereignty. The invasion placed the United States (and its supportive allies) morally in exactly the same reprehensible position as Saddam Hussein placed Iraq in when he ordered his forces into Kuwait in 1990.

The difference between President George Bush one and two was that the first respected and complied with international law whilst his son turned the USA into a rogue state. I consider it an injustice that the US voting public chose to turn the first George Bush into a one-term president (by electing Bill Clinton in 1992) whilst rewarding his son of far lesser virtue than his old man with a second term in office.

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:45 pm

neverfail wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:28 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:15 pm
RIP George H.W. Bush

Operation Desert Storm to rescue Kuwait (annexed by Iraqi forces) was sanctioned by a United Nations resolution whose brief was only to remove Iraqi occupation forces from Kuwait; not to invade Iraq.

There was NO UN resolution in support of the (unprovoked) US led 2003 invasion of iraq which was widely condemned internationally as violation of a sovereign state's sovereignty. The invasion placed the United States (and its supportive allies) morally in exactly the same reprehensible position as Saddam Hussein placed Iraq in when he ordered his forces into Kuwait in 1990.
Forgive me if I reject the implication that actions that are immoral on their own stop being so simply because of a resolution from the UN, of all things.
neverfail wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:28 pm
The difference between President George Bush one and two was that the first respected and complied with international law whilst his son turned the USA into a rogue state. I consider it an injustice that the US voting public chose to turn the first George Bush into a one-term president (by electing Bill Clinton in 1992) whilst rewarding his son of far lesser virtue than his old man with a second term in office.
The difference is that when the Bush family and their cadre got a second chance, they made sure their war of choice was better timed to ensure peak patriotism aligned with the election.