US Foreign Policy

Discussion of current events
Sertorio

Re: US Foreign Policy

Post by Sertorio » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:21 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:09 pm
Honestly? When they talk about Russia, it's total rubbish. But when they stick to talking specifically about Western hypocrisy, I'm more inclined to believe them, because it's not like Western policymakers don't give them enough ammunition on a regular basis.
How do you know that "When they talk about Russia, it's total rubbish" ? Are you saying that what you believe is right, and that what you do not believe is rubbish?... Do you happen to know the difference between "objectivity" and "subjectivity"?...

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:37 pm

dup
Last edited by Jim the Moron on Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:38 pm

Envoy Kushner

http://nationalinterest.org/feature/don ... ains-24256

No big deal. He (and Greenblatt) are bound to appear successful, considering the previous administrations envoys labored under.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:53 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:38 pm
Envoy Kushner

http://nationalinterest.org/feature/don ... ains-24256

No big deal. He (and Greenblatt) are bound to appear successful, considering the previous administrations envoys labored under.
Ahmed Charai, the writer of that piece, is a Moroccan, possibly a Berber, not an Arab. His views will hardly be representative of those of ME Arabs. But he may have a point...

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:51 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:21 pm
SteveFoerster wrote:
Honestly? When they talk about Russia, it's total rubbish. But when they stick to talking specifically about Western hypocrisy, I'm more inclined to believe them, because it's not like Western policymakers don't give them enough ammunition on a regular basis.
How do you know that "When they talk about Russia, it's total rubbish" ? Are you saying that what you believe is right, and that what you do not believe is rubbish?...
I'm saying you have to lie to make Russia look good, but you don't have to lie to make the West look bad.
Sertorio wrote:
Do you happen to know the difference between "objectivity" and "subjectivity"?...
Wow, do you happen to know the difference between the pot and the kettle?
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:06 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:51 pm
Sertorio wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:
How do you know that "When they talk about Russia, it's total rubbish" ? Are you saying that what you believe is right, and that what you do not believe is rubbish?...
I'm saying you have to lie to make Russia look good, but you don't have to lie to make the West look bad.
Sertorio wrote:
Do you happen to know the difference between "objectivity" and "subjectivity"?...
Wow, do you happen to know the difference between the pot and the kettle?
Now, now girls - no public cat fights please!

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:02 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:51 pm

In other words, in your opinion Russia always does the wrong thing and the West does it very often... Since no one is always wrong, I would say that there isn't, taking your phrase at face value, much difference between Russia and the West... But since I feel more threatened by the US than by Russia I don't think I can agree with you...

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:36 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:02 pm
. But since I feel more threatened by the US than by Russia I don't think I can agree with you...

Sertorio, I don't feel threatened by either one of them!

I don't even feel threatened by the Peoples Republic of China either.

it is a nice sensation to live without fear.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:38 am

neverfail wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:36 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:02 pm
. But since I feel more threatened by the US than by Russia I don't think I can agree with you...

Sertorio, I don't feel threatened by either one of them!

I don't even feel threatened by the Peoples Republic of China either.

it is a nice sensation to live without fear.
I don't actually feel fear. I simply know that another major war is more likely to happen as the result of US policies than of Russian ones. Americans are too willing to believe that problems can be solved by the use of force, and they are not restrained by any code of ethics. They are predators and like being predators. With the exception of the 'Jewish question', Americans are not all that different from Nazi Germans...

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:41 am

"US, Turkey will work together in Syria"
http://www.scmp.com/news/world/middle-e ... on-says-us

Whatever glimmer of hope there was out there for improvement in US foreign policy has been extinguished. "... the US risked being dealt an 'Ottoman slap' in Syria - a backhand thwack which, according to legend, could kill an opponent at a stroke."

Thus we see an abject US hanging around in the ME at the beck and call of primitive Islamic interests.