US Foreign Policy

Discussion of current events
Jim the Moron

Re: US Foreign Policy

Post by Jim the Moron » Mon May 31, 2021 8:59 pm

"Returning to Libya"
https://independentsentinel.com/joe-bid ... -to-libya/

"Globalist war-mongering Joe . . ."

Expect more of this in the next 3+ years.

Milo

Post by Milo » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:34 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 8:59 pm
"Returning to Libya"
https://independentsentinel.com/joe-bid ... -to-libya/

"Globalist war-mongering Joe . . ."

Expect more of this in the next 3+ years.
More embassies?

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:12 am

We're hearing of thousands of Afghan interpreters and their families facing certain death at the hands of Muslim terrorists after US troop withdrawal. There are no signs that the current US administration wishes to aid them. Disgraceful.

The US needs to gather some C-130's and passenger jets and get those folks out of that hellhole. Many of them, of course, speak English, and should be welcomed into American communities - or whatever other country where they can be safe and that would welcome them.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:56 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:12 am
We're hearing of thousands of Afghan interpreters and their families facing certain death at the hands of Muslim terrorists after US troop withdrawal. There are no signs that the current US administration wishes to aid them. Disgraceful.

The US needs to gather some C-130's and passenger jets and get those folks out of that hellhole. Many of them, of course, speak English, and should be welcomed into American communities - or whatever other country where they can be safe and that would welcome them.
You should realize that the US is simply losing control just about everywhere. The recent Putin-Biden meeting has shown how the US is being forced to try and accommodate Russia in order to break the Russia-China alliance, simply because the US cannot cope with such an alliance. I suspect that very soon the US will recognize the reunification of Crimea with Russia and give assurances that the Ukraine will never be accepted as a NATO member. But I doubt Putin will be impressed...

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:37 am

Sertorio wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:56 am
Jim the Moron wrote:

You should realize that the US is simply losing control just about everywhere. The recent Putin-Biden meeting has shown how the US is being forced to try and accommodate Russia in order to break the Russia-China alliance, simply because the US cannot cope with such an alliance. I suspect that very soon the US will recognize the reunification of Crimea with Russia and give assurances that the Ukraine will never be accepted as a NATO member. But I doubt Putin will be impressed...

But what does that have to do with resolving the plight of these likely-doomed folks? Is Russia prepared to take in some of them? After all, Russia did its share to create the cluster that is today's society there . . .

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:36 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:37 am
Sertorio wrote:
Jim the Moron wrote:

But what does that have to do with resolving the plight of these likely-doomed folks? Is Russia prepared to take in some of them? After all, Russia did its share to create the cluster that is today's society there . . .
It just means that those interpreters are the least of American problems. And the US is used to abandoning those who momentarily served its local interests. It happened in Vietnam as well as in Iraq...

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:59 am

Sertorio wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:36 am
Jim the Moron wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
Jim the Moron wrote:

It just means that those interpreters are the least of American problems. And the US is used to abandoning those who momentarily served its local interests. It happened in Vietnam as well as in Iraq...

Quite correct, Sertorio. The US has a history of abandoning friends when idiot US honchos determine they are no longer of use. To the examples you cite I would add the Kurds, left hung out to dry (and be slaughtered).

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:08 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:59 am
Sertorio wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:36 am
Jim the Moron wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
Jim the Moron wrote:

Quite correct, Sertorio. The US has a history of abandoning friends when idiot US honchos determine they are no longer of use. To the examples you cite I would add the Kurds, left hung out to dry (and be slaughtered).
And if I were the Israeli PM I would start edging my bets... Russia might be more reliable than the US...