Are the sleazy Democrats dis-qualified to ever hold power again?

Discussion of current events

Are the sleazy Democrats dis-qualified to ever hold power again?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:41 pm

No, but in the name of honesty in advertising they need to change their name to "Sleazycrats"
33%
Yes, they will do anything to gain power.
67%
No, I actually like sleazy politicians
No votes

Total votes: 3

Doc

Re: Are the sleazy Democrats dis-qualified to ever hold power again?

Post by Doc » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:09 pm

Milo wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:14 pm
I hear a lot of "innocent until proved guilty" about this Kavanagh thing, except that applies to a criminal trial, not a job application.
It is a basic tenant of America society not just the law. Otherwise it is rule by lynch mob.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/friend-of- ... 1538715152
Friend of Dr. Ford Felt Pressure to Revisit Statement
At issue is statement to committee that she knew nothing about alleged sexual assault by Brett Kavanaugh.

By Natalie Andrews,
Rebecca Ballhaus and
Sadie Gurman
Oct. 5, 2018 12:52 a.m. ET

A friend of Christine Blasey Ford told FBI investigators that she felt pressured by Dr. Ford’s allies to revisit her initial statement that she knew nothing about an alleged sexual assault by a teenage Brett Kavanaugh, which she later updated to say that she believed but couldn’t corroborate Dr. Ford’s account, according to people familiar with the matter.

Leland Keyser, who Dr. Ford has said was present at the gathering where she was allegedly assaulted in the 1980s, told investigators that Monica McLean, a retired Federal Bureau of Investigation agent and a friend of Dr. Ford’s, had urged her to clarify her statement, the people said.

The statement to the FBI offers a glimpse into how Dr. Ford’s allies were working behind the scenes to lobby old classmates to bolster their versions of the alleged incident, as were Judge Kavanaugh’s.
Related Video
Republicans have caught up with Democrats in voter enthusiasm according to a new Marist/NPR poll. WSJ's Gerald F. Seib explains how the Kavanaugh fight might be narrowing the gap. Photo: Getty

Judge Kavanaugh, whose Supreme Court nomination will be debated in the Senate Friday, has denied the allegations of sexual misconduct.

On Thursday, a day after sending to the White House the report on its investigation into the allegations against Judge Kavanaugh, the FBI sent the White House and Senate an additional package of information that included text messages from Ms. McLean to Ms. Keyser, according to a person familiar with the matter.

Ms. McLean’s lawyer, David Laufman, said in a statement: “Any notion or claim that Ms. McLean pressured Leland Keyser to alter Ms. Keyser’s account of what she recalled concerning the alleged incident between Dr. Ford and Brett Kavanaugh is absolutely false.”
So there you go Milo Ford's allies tried to suborn perjury. By your rules they are guilty and convicted. When do you feel the sentence should be carried out?
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Doc

Post by Doc » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:21 pm

neverfail wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:51 pm
Why was not the Democratic party banned after the Civil war?

...because Lincoln's vice-president; 1864 presidential election running mate and the man who became President upon Lincoln's assassination, Andrew Johnson, was himself a southern Democrat. Johnson was highly unlikely to ban his own party, now, was he?
There were many northern Democrats at the time as well. They were generally the same illiberal types that are Democratic ideological illiberals of today. Different issues, but viewed with the same illiberal lens. Whether it be witch hunts or lynchings.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Milo

Post by Milo » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:24 pm

Doc wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:09 pm
Milo wrote:
I hear a lot of "innocent until proved guilty" about this Kavanagh thing, except that applies to a criminal trial, not a job application.
It is a basic tenant of America society not just the law. Otherwise it is rule by lynch mob.

At issue is statement to committee that she knew nothing about alleged sexual assault by Brett Kavanaugh.

By Natalie Andrews,
Rebecca Ballhaus and
Sadie Gurman

A friend of Christine Blasey Ford told FBI investigators that she felt pressured by Dr. Ford’s allies to revisit her initial statement that she knew nothing about an alleged sexual assault by a teenage Brett Kavanaugh, which she later updated to say that she believed but couldn’t corroborate Dr. Ford’s account, according to people familiar with the matter.

Leland Keyser, who Dr. Ford has said was present at the gathering where she was allegedly assaulted in the 1980s, told investigators that Monica McLean, a retired Federal Bureau of Investigation agent and a friend of Dr. Ford’s, had urged her to clarify her statement, the people said.

The statement to the FBI offers a glimpse into how Dr. Ford’s allies were working behind the scenes to lobby old classmates to bolster their versions of the alleged incident, as were Judge Kavanaugh’s.
Related Video
Republicans have caught up with Democrats in voter enthusiasm according to a new Marist/NPR poll. WSJ's Gerald F. Seib explains how the Kavanaugh fight might be narrowing the gap. Photo: Getty

Judge Kavanaugh, whose Supreme Court nomination will be debated in the Senate Friday, has denied the allegations of sexual misconduct.

On Thursday, a day after sending to the White House the report on its investigation into the allegations against Judge Kavanaugh, the FBI sent the White House and Senate an additional package of information that included text messages from Ms. McLean to Ms. Keyser, according to a person familiar with the matter.

Ms. McLean’s lawyer, David Laufman, said in a statement: “Any notion or claim that Ms. McLean pressured Leland Keyser to alter Ms. Keyser’s account of what she recalled concerning the alleged incident between Dr. Ford and Brett Kavanaugh is absolutely false.”
So there you go Milo Ford's allies tried to suborn perjury. By your rules they are guilty and convicted. When do you feel the sentence should be carried out?
Doc you are losing it. You are seeing things that aren't there and applying principles that don't exist.

Doc

Post by Doc » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:06 am

Milo wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:24 pm
Doc wrote:
Milo wrote:

By Natalie Andrews,
Rebecca Ballhaus and
Sadie Gurman

Related Video

Doc you are losing it. You are seeing things that aren't there and applying principles that don't exist.
Pressuring witnesses to change their testimony to commit perjury is not a subornation of perjury in what way exactly?

As for the rest.

Milo

Post by Milo » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:54 am

Doc wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:06 am
Milo wrote:
Doc wrote:
Milo wrote:

By Natalie Andrews,
Rebecca Ballhaus and
Sadie Gurman

Related Video

Pressuring witnesses to change their testimony to commit perjury is not a subornation of perjury in what way exactly?
The article is hearsay, likely double, triple or more hearsay; so it's presumed not admissible.

You rely on a lot of articles like that.

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:09 pm

The whole anti Trump narrative of Russian collusion to Woodwards book is inadmissable hearsay, yet the left has made an entire entertainment industry based on it.

If one side gets to subsist on hearsay they have to let the other side do it also.

Also in the case of Ford she couldn't get any witnesses when she said she had them, so that will be the footnote recorded in history.

Welcome Judge Kavanaugh. I look forward to getting some rights back and following the Constitution again.

Milo

Post by Milo » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:45 pm

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:09 pm
The whole anti Trump narrative of Russian collusion to Woodwards book is inadmissable hearsay, yet the left has made an entire entertainment industry based on it.

If one side gets to subsist on hearsay they have to let the other side do it also.

Also in the case of Ford she couldn't get any witnesses when she said she had them, so that will be the footnote recorded in history.

Welcome Judge Kavanaugh. I look forward to getting some rights back and following the Constitution again.
Doc wanted a criminal trial, not me.

Doc

Post by Doc » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:14 pm

Milo wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:54 am
Doc wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:06 am
Milo wrote:
Doc wrote:
Milo wrote:

By Natalie Andrews,
Rebecca Ballhaus and
Sadie Gurman

Related Video

The article is hearsay, likely double, triple or more hearsay; so it's presumed not admissible.

You rely on a lot of articles like that.
THat is all the Democrats have relied on to indict and convict Brett Kavanaugh.

Milo

Post by Milo » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:20 am

Mr. Perfect wrote:

You do know that he was a lead lawyer in instituting the Patriot Act?

https://fee.org/articles/the-constituti ... eme-court/

Doc

Post by Doc » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:03 pm

Milo wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:20 am
Mr. Perfect wrote:

You do know that he was a lead lawyer in instituting the Patriot Act?

https://fee.org/articles/the-constituti ... eme-court/
Trump sowed his brilliance once again. Knowing the Democrats were going to viciously attack his nominee no matter who he nominated he nominated the most popular pick of Never Trumpsters. But as far as the patriot act goes I would just point out that pretty much ALL THE DEMOCRATS WERE FOR IT. And they would nebver vote to repeal it Because Obama EXPANDED IT AND ABUSED IT TO SPY ON AMERICANS. Kavanaugh was not my first pick other than the obvious advantages his nomination had.