Trump makes history at the UN

Discussion of current events
neverfail

Trump makes history at the UN

Post by neverfail » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:40 am

:o First US President to be laughed at by the UN General Assembly. :shock:
President Trump has long argued that the United States has been taken advantage of by other nations — a “laughing stock to the entire World” he said on Twitter in 2014 — and his political rise was countenanced on the premise that he had the strength and resolve to change that.

But at the U.N. General Assembly on Tuesday, Trump got a comeuppance on the world’s biggest stage. Delivering a speech that aimed to establish U.S. “sovereignty” over the whims and needs of other nations, the president’s triumphant moment was marred in the first minute when he was met by laughter — at his expense.

The embarrassing exchange came when Trump boasted that his administration had accomplished more over two years than “almost any administration” in American history, eliciting audible guffaws in the cavernous chamber hall.
It is surely no laughing matter when the US President comes across to the World as the mere parody of one?

Mr. Perfect

Re: Trump makes history at the UN

Post by Mr. Perfect » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:44 am

It was a great day. I'm amazed at how well he gets his way.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:02 pm

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:44 am
What planet do you dwell on?

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:20 pm

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Trump is very stupid, and stupid people are always dangerous... His speech was one of the most stupid performances I have ever had a chance to witness... I wonder how many million people - including many Americans - are going to die because of his stupidity...

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:53 pm

neverfail wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:40 am
President Trump has long argued that the United States has been taken advantage of by other nations — a “laughing stock to the entire World” he said on Twitter in 2014 — and his political rise was countenanced on the premise that he had the strength and resolve to change that.

But at the U.N. General Assembly on Tuesday, Trump got a comeuppance on the world’s biggest stage. Delivering a speech that aimed to establish U.S. “sovereignty” over the whims and needs of other nations, the president’s triumphant moment was marred in the first minute when he was met by laughter — at his expense.

The embarrassing exchange came when Trump boasted that his administration had accomplished more over two years than “almost any administration” in American history, eliciting audible guffaws in the cavernous chamber hall.
It is surely no laughing matter when the US President comes across to the World as the mere parody of one?
Except it isn't true. The MSM is lying once again. Right at the beginning Not hard to find. And quite clear they were laughing at his joke ,not at him.

“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:58 pm

As you all know, I strongly dislike Trump. But to be fair, I watched footage and think the mainstream American media are spinning this into being something it's not.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:59 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:58 pm
the mainstream American media are spinning this into being something it's not.
Imagine that.

What do you dislike about Trump?

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:59 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:20 pm
Trump is very stupid, and stupid people are always dangerous... His speech was one of the most stupid performances I have ever had a chance to witness... I wonder how many million people - including many Americans - are going to die because of his stupidity...
How many skyscrapers have you owned?

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:00 pm

neverfail wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:02 pm
Mr. Perfect wrote:
What planet do you dwell on?
The one where America is experiencing record economic growth while Trump is President.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:57 pm

Doc wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:53 pm
neverfail wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:40 am

Except it isn't true. The MSM is lying once again. Right at the beginning Not hard to find. And quite clear they were laughing at his joke ,not at him.

What was that reaction Trump did not expect? Was it loud murmuring? Or did it sound like muted laughter to you? After his joke, it was clearly laughter.