I respect the Poles

Discussion of current events
cassowary

I respect the Poles

Post by cassowary » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:10 am

We won't take one illegal Muslim immigrant

The Poles deserve our respect. They are willing to fight for western civilization while W Europe is surrendering.

lzzrdgrrl

Re: I respect the Poles

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:12 pm

Yes..... respect the poles.....'>........

I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:29 pm

A penguin wanders by. Joe the polar bear is offended. "You dissing me, bro?"

Milo

Post by Milo » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:30 pm

The Polish government is willing to fight to subvert the rule of law.

On Monday the European Union launched legal action against Poland's right-wing government, saying the law undermined judicial independence. Some Euro MPs listened to the Polish leader's speech behind signs that read "rule of law".

"If there is a systemic threat to the rule of law, we cannot simply turn a blind eye," said EU Commissioner Valdis Dombrovskis. "We cannot simply say it is a purely national issue."

"So, where the separation of powers is weakened in one country or worse, the independence of the judiciary is challenged in another, it becomes a European issue, which affects our whole community."

neverfail

Re: I will lose all respect for the Poles if they become more nationalistic.

Post by neverfail » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:11 am

Milo wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:30 pm

On Monday the European Union launched legal action against Poland's right-wing government, saying the law undermined judicial independence. Some Euro MPs listened to the Polish leader's speech behind signs that read "rule of law".

"If there is a systemic threat to the rule of law, we cannot simply turn a blind eye," said EU Commissioner Valdis Dombrovskis. "We cannot simply say it is a purely national issue."

"So, where the separation of powers is weakened in one country or worse, the independence of the judiciary is challenged in another, it becomes a European issue, which affects our whole community."
Apart from which their sejm (parliament) has outlawed any suggestion that Poles might have collaborated with the Nazi occupiers of their country in the rounding up and extermination of their country's Jewry.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:05 am

neverfail wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:11 am
Milo wrote:

Apart from which their sejm (parliament) has outlawed any suggestion that Poles might have collaborated with the Nazi occupiers of their country in the rounding up and extermination of their country's Jewry.
That was a stupid law. But they are spot on right to ban Muslim immigrants. The Poles might yet save Europe again as in 1683.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:33 am

neverfail wrote:

They might have been readier to accept such suggestions if it was stated that SOME Poles may have colaborated with the Nazi occupiers of their country...

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:50 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:29 pm
The real question is which one of them is on the wrong end of the planet.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:23 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:50 am
Jim the Moron wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:29 pm
The real question is which one of them is on the wrong end of the planet.
So right. Polar bears are native only to the northern hemisphere Arctic region and penguins native only to to the Earth's southern hemisphere. Highly unlikely the two would ever come together.

Milo

Post by Milo » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:49 pm

cassowary wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:05 am
neverfail wrote:
Milo wrote:

That was a stupid law. But they are spot on right to ban Muslim immigrants. The Poles might yet save Europe again as in 1683.
Not by becoming them.