Discussion of current events
armchair_pundit

Re: Israel

Post by armchair_pundit » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:28 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:15 pm
armchair_pundit wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:39 am

Antisemitism in Europe is as high as it has ever been and growing. Jews are leaving Europe.

And I will just enjoy the belly laugh and leave it at that.
Are you accusing me of antisemitism?
NO, I'm laughing at you. Perhaps Israel could join your Southern European Union, yes? That's whats needed to make it work, yes? Brains, Drive and Money? :mrgreen:

Europe speaks for itself, as do you I suppose :twisted:

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:49 pm

armchair_pundit wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:28 pm
Sertorio wrote:
armchair_pundit wrote:

Antisemitism in Europe is as high as it has ever been and growing. Jews are leaving Europe.

NO, I'm laughing at you. Perhaps Israel could join your Southern European Union, yes? That's whats needed to make it work, yes? Brains, Drive and Money? :mrgreen:

There is no Southern European Union, although I have favoured its creation. Right now what I suggested was Israel joining the European Union, which would be to the benefit of both parties. As a member of the EU Israel could do without the poisonous pill which is the support of the US, and Europe would acquire a very useful partner. You don't like the idea because the US needs the Israeli cannon fodder for its military adventures in the ME.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:18 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:49 pm
You don't like the idea because the US needs the Israeli cannon fodder for its military adventures in the ME.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

armchair_pundit

Post by armchair_pundit » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:25 pm

Sertorio wrote:
armchair_pundit wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:28 pm
Sertorio wrote:
armchair_pundit wrote:

There is no Southern European Union, although I have favoured its creation. Right now what I suggested was Israel joining the European Union, which would be to the benefit of both parties. As a member of the EU Israel could do without the poisonous pill which is the support of the US, and Europe would acquire a very useful partner. You don't like the idea because the US needs the Israeli cannon fodder for its military adventures in the ME.
So predictable. Evil US. Ask Israelis if they are US cannon fodder? Ellen?

Let's play. Others are free to join in.

You keep mentioning how "useful" Israeli brains and treasure would be to the EU, so whats in it for Israel they don't already have?

What would Israel gain by giving up its sovereignty to the EU? More important to Israelis is what might it lose?

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:30 pm

I will wait for Ellen and Dagbay to comment on the idea of Israel joining the EU, before I add some more comments of my own.

armchair_pundit

Post by armchair_pundit » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:35 pm

neverfail wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:18 pm
Sertorio wrote:
You don't like the idea because the US needs the Israeli cannon fodder for its military adventures in the ME.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I had an inner debate whether to waste electrons and space in this thread responding to you.

But since you've got nothing but laughter at his pathetic response, I will have to concur, for once!

armchair_pundit

Post by armchair_pundit » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:38 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:30 pm
I will wait for Ellen and Dagbay to comment on the idea of Israel joining the EU, before I add some more comments of my own.
more comments? did I miss them?

That's a cowards way out. Come on, you brought it up. Can't answer 2 simple questions about your proposal on your own?
  • You keep mentioning how "useful" Israeli brains and treasure would be to the EU, so whats in it for Israel they don't already have?
  • What would Israel gain by giving up its sovereignty to the EU? More important to Israelis is what might it lose?

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:04 pm

armchair_pundit wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:38 pm
Sertorio wrote:

That's a cowards way out. Come on, you brought it up. Can't answer 2 simple questions about your proposal on your own?
  • You keep mentioning how "useful" Israeli brains and treasure would be to the EU, so whats in it for Israel they don't already have?
  • What would Israel gain by giving up its sovereignty to the EU? More important to Israelis is what might it lose?
Your two questions are non-starters.

First, I did mention Israeli brains but did not mention any Israeli treasure. For the simple reason that the EU has many times any "treasure" Israel could show. We do not need Israeli money at all. What would Israel get? Enough support not to be dependent on its military to preserve its independence, and not to be totally dependent on the unreliable US which violates treaties and alliances several times a year.

Joining the EU does not mean giving up one's sovereignty. Each of the 27 member states of the EU is completely sovereign. What would Israel lose? Nothing at all.

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:42 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:04 pm
armchair_pundit wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:38 pm
Sertorio wrote:

Your two questions are non-starters.

First, I did mention Israeli brains but did not mention any Israeli treasure. For the simple reason that the EU has many times any "treasure" Israel could show. We do not need Israeli money at all. What would Israel get? Enough support not to be dependent on its military to preserve its independence, and not to be totally dependent on the unreliable US which violates treaties and alliances several times a year.

Joining the EU does not mean giving up one's sovereignty. Each of the 27 member states of the EU is completely sovereign. What would Israel lose? Nothing at all.

What would Israel lose by joining the EU? Its self-respect. Israel has been successful in beating off Islamic barbarians, while Europe welcomed them with open arms.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:32 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:42 pm

What would Israel lose by joining the EU? Its self-respect. Israel has been successful in beating off Islamic barbarians, while Europe welcomed them with open arms.
That's an emotional comment, not a rational one. The world cannot eliminate those Islamic barbarians, it can only try to stop them from harming the rest of us. While some Muslim immigrants in Europe should be expelled, many of them are just poor people who can evolve and become regular citizens. Israel also has Muslim citizens and is about to get even more, so it also has to learn how to integrate them in a civilized society. By joining the EU Israel could make that problem simpler and be less dependent on the unreliable US to guarantee its long term survival.