Post by neverfail » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:03 am

armchair_pundit wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:24 am
Sertorio wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:39 am
neverfail wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:35 am
Poor Israel!!

To think that the Zionist poineers who founded it only wanted to carve a state for themselves out of someone elses' land. :(
A bit like the British Pilgrims in America, in 1620...
We forget someone?
Portugal was the leading country in the European exploitation of the world in the 15th century. The Treaty of Tordesillas in 1494 divided the Earth outside Europe into Castilian and Portuguese global territorial hemispheres for exclusive conquest and colonization. Portugal colonized parts of South America (Brazil, Colónia do Sacramento, Uruguay, Guanare, Venezuela), but also made some unsuccessful attempts to colonize North America (Newfoundland and Labrador and Nova Scotia in Canada).
And lets not even get into the Portuguese slave trade...

America, founded by murderers from all over the world! Mostly from Russia tho!!!! Bastards snuck across the Bering Sea land bridge...
Are you guys suggesting that the Israelis are just one gang of thieves among many?

Jim the Moron

Re: Israel

Post by Jim the Moron » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:11 am

The guys are suggesting that it is hypocritical to single out Israel for its nation-building activities . . .

lzzrdgrrl

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:55 pm

dagbay wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:11 pm
lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:05 pm
Sertorio wrote:Assurance by whom? Are present Israeli Arabs threatened with murder by anyone?...
Possibly Hezbollah and you don't have to go too deeply to guess why.....'>......
Going back to the topic at hand, Arabs living in Israel must be very worried about any normalized behavior least they are considered traitorous to the "Arab" cause. The can killed by goons on their side if the step out of bounds, by salafist radicals funded through Iran and Qatar, Isis operatives funded by the Saudis, Hamas terrorists who vie for control of the PA and by the bribe taking PA officials and their thugs. This is not a theory - hundreds of Arabs were killed because they sold properties to Jews or conducted business with Israelis.
In fact the Hamas and PA are the most reliable party - they never missed an opportunity to say no to peace or to prosperity. ( irrespective of NF's opinion they have been offered much more than they deserve given their position).
Full credit answer.....^^.......
I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:40 pm

EllenS wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:25 am
They waited 70 years to finally come to terms with reality. Israel is there forever, and their own survival is now questionable. How many of existing Arab countries will be still be viable entities within 5 years?
I would not be so sure.

Commencing with the Islamic-Arab series of conquests that began in 640AD with the similtaneous defeat of Persia and the Byzantine Empire, Arabic civilisation has demonstrated an enduring "viability" that has so far survived for many times longer than the historically recent, upstart state of Israel; a society of immigrant Jews carved out in an ancient land.

Agreed that Israel stands head and shoulders above all of the Arab states when you apply the standards we normally do as to what constitutes a "successful" state; yet I am willing to forecast now that Israel is never destined to be loved by its neighbours.

Ellen, regardless of how proud you may feel of your spiritual home in the Levant; don't allow that pride lure you into unrealistic hopes and expectations.

dagbay

Post by dagbay » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:41 am

neverfail wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:40 pm
EllenS wrote:
They waited 70 years to finally come to terms with reality. Israel is there forever, and their own survival is now questionable. How many of existing Arab countries will be still be viable entities within 5 years?
I would not be so sure.

Commencing with the Islamic-Arab series of conquests that began in 640AD with the similtaneous defeat of Persia and the Byzantine Empire, Arabic civilisation has demonstrated an enduring "viability" that has so far survived for many times longer than the historically recent, upstart state of Israel; a society of immigrant Jews carved out in an ancient land.

Agreed that Israel stands head and shoulders above all of the Arab states when you apply the standards we normally do as to what constitutes a "successful" state; yet I am willing to forecast now that Israel is never destined to be loved by its neighbours.

Ellen, regardless of how proud you may feel of your spiritual home in the Levant; don't allow that pride lure you into unrealistic hopes and expectations.
Ellen, while Israel at this point in history looks as the possible winner in it long survival challenge amongst Arabs, it is uncertain how long it will be able to keep ahead of it enemies. Like you I wish it will be forever but realistically there are old nations around the world but none was 'forever' . Israel currently has the tenacity to pull through at least one generation henceforth. I hope this trend endures forever.
I'd rather be diving or flying alas for now I am on terra firma.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:59 am

dagbay wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:41 am
neverfail wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:40 pm
EllenS wrote:
I would not be so sure.

Ellen, while Israel at this point in history looks as the possible winner in it long survival challenge amongst Arabs, it is uncertain how long it will be able to keep ahead of it enemies. Like you I wish it will be forever but realistically there are old nations around the world but none was 'forever' . Israel currently has the tenacity to pull through at least one generation henceforth. I hope this trend endures forever.
I hope that meanwhile the European Union will have the intelligence and the decency to propose to Israel joining it.

armchair_pundit

Post by armchair_pundit » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:28 am

Sertorio wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:59 am

I hope that meanwhile the European Union will have the intelligence and the decency to propose to Israel joining it.
Sensing some tax revenue for the greater collective, are we?

Such a deal Europeans keep offering Israel...

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:53 am

armchair_pundit wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:28 am
Sertorio wrote:

Israelis are the closest thing to a European people outside the limits of Europe. As part of the EU Israel could resist anything the ME could throw at them. And we could use their brains...Besides, being a descendant of various lines of Sephardic Jews I think I would enjoy their company... ;)

armchair_pundit

Post by armchair_pundit » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:39 am

Sertorio wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:53 am
armchair_pundit wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:28 am
Sertorio wrote:

Israelis are the closest thing to a European people outside the limits of Europe. As part of the EU With and without American support, Israel could resist anything the ME (AND Europe) could throw at them. And we could use their brains (well duh, YES since you killed them off a short while ago) AND the MONEY (don't deny it)...Besides, being a descendant of various lines of Sephardic Jews I think I would enjoy their company... ;)

FIXED it for you

Antisemitism in Europe is as high as it has ever been and growing. Jews are leaving Europe.

And I will just enjoy the belly laugh and leave it at that.

cultural reference

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:15 pm

armchair_pundit wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:39 am

Antisemitism in Europe is as high as it has ever been and growing. Jews are leaving Europe.

And I will just enjoy the belly laugh and leave it at that.
Are you accusing me of antisemitism?