Israel

Discussion of current events
neverfail

Re: Israel

Post by neverfail » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:46 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:17 pm

It's not up to Jews to find ways "to quell these feelings of hate" directed at them by some non-Jews. Rather, it is up to anti-Semites to abandon feelings of hatred directed towards Jews, based on envy of Jewish industry and accomplishments.
YOUR presumption Jim.

Not even your own original thought but a borrowed, second hand idea. A platitude!

In the case of the displaced Palestinians I do not believe that envy has anything to do with it.

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:47 am

neverfail wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:46 am
Jim the Moron wrote:

It's not up to Jews to find ways "to quell these feelings of hate" directed at them by some non-Jews. Rather, it is up to anti-Semites to abandon feelings of hatred directed towards Jews, based on envy of Jewish industry and accomplishments.
YOUR presumption Jim.

Not even your own original thought but a borrowed, second hand idea. A platitude!

In the case of the displaced Palestinians I do not believe that envy has anything to do with it.

Of course I'm not the first to see the obvious - that anti-Semitism has its roots in envy of Jewish accomplishment. And the Arabs ("Palestinians"), unaccomplished as they are, quite naturally fall prey to the Koran-driven hatred spewed forth by their envious leadership.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:45 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:47 am
neverfail wrote:
Jim the Moron wrote:

YOUR presumption Jim.

Of course I'm not the first to see the obvious - that anti-Semitism has its roots in envy of Jewish accomplishment. And the Arabs ("Palestinians"), unaccomplished as they are, quite naturally fall prey to the Koran-driven hatred spewed forth by their envious leadership.
It is only "obvious" to you Jim. I don't believe that you know what you are talking about!

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:30 am

neverfail wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:45 am
Jim the Moron wrote:
neverfail wrote:
Jim the Moron wrote:

YOUR presumption Jim.

It is only "obvious" to you Jim. I don't believe that you know what you are talking about!
Of course you don't, neverfail. You choose to ignore a long line of thoughtful folks who put forth views quite similar to mine. I've cited them before . . .

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:38 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:30 am
neverfail wrote:
Jim the Moron wrote:
neverfail wrote:
Jim the Moron wrote:

YOUR presumption Jim.

I.n the case of the displaced Palestinians I do not believe that envy has anything to do with it.

It looks to me as though you let others do your thinking for you Jim.

Of course you don't, neverfail. You choose to ignore a long line of thoughtful folks who put forth views quite similar to mine. I've cited them before . . .
Time and again! Flog a dead horse all you like it is still not going to get up on its feet and neigh.
Do you have any thoughts of your own that differ from those of a now long deceased German intellectual as conveyed more recently by David Goldman?

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:27 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:38 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:
neverfail wrote:
Jim the Moron wrote:
neverfail wrote:
Jim the Moron wrote:

YOUR presumption Jim.

I.n the case of the displaced Palestinians I do not believe that envy has anything to do with it.

Time and again! Flog a dead horse all you like it is still not going to get up on its feet and neigh.
Do you have any thoughts of your own that differ from those of a now long deceased German intellectual as conveyed more recently by David Goldman?
No, I happen to agree with the view that anti-Semitism is driven by envy.

dagbay

Post by dagbay » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:57 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:27 pm
neverfail wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:38 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:
neverfail wrote:
Jim the Moron wrote:
neverfail wrote:
YOUR presumption Jim.

I do not think that I can shed light on the reasons for the plain and obvious hate directed at jews and Israel. The common explanation is as stated above is envy. I do not believe that it could be the sole or even the most important cause. Other people over generations have been more wealthy, more influential and more educated and cultured than their contemporary jews. I think that there is a set of factors that enhance this hatred and I belive that some have been setup intentionally by the religion itself for the purpose of encouraging a segregation of the jews and forcing their group existance. Whenever one considers any explanation of this hated one must look for an example of the same presumed cause promoting similar hatred of other non-Jewish people. Why do people do not express similar hated towards wealthy Saudies or Qataries who are extremely wealthy or for that matter the residents of the city of Hong Kong who are also prosperous above the world's average? The Japanese in the past and Taiwanese are extremely industrious, yet no one hates them for their accomplishments. In these cultures we also can consider another common explanation given for anti-jewish hate, a cultural difference and unwillingness to mingle. So what is it?
I'd rather be diving or flying alas for now I am on terra firma.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:12 am

dagbay wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:57 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:

I do not think that I can shed light on the reasons for the plain and obvious hate directed at jews and Israel. The common explanation is as stated above is envy. I do not believe that it could be the sole or even the most important cause. Other people over generations have been more wealthy, more influential and more educated and cultured than their contemporary jews. I think that there is a set of factors that enhance this hatred and I belive that some have been setup intentionally by the religion itself for the purpose of encouraging a segregation of the jews and forcing their group existance. Whenever one considers any explanation of this hated one must look for an example of the same presumed cause promoting similar hatred of other non-Jewish people. Why do people do not express similar hated towards wealthy Saudies or Qataries who are extremely wealthy or for that matter the residents of the city of Hong Kong who are also prosperous above the world's average? The Japanese in the past and Taiwanese are extremely industrious, yet no one hates them for their accomplishments. In these cultures we also can consider another common explanation given for anti-jewish hate, a cultural difference and unwillingness to mingle. So what is it?
Well put Dagbay.

I wish I had a pat answer but I don't.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:06 am

Jim the Moron wrote:

Some is, but there is anti-Semitism which results from a profound disrespect of other peoples and cultures by Jews who take their "chosen people" idea far too seriously. Americans sometimes do the same, with their ridiculous claim to exceptionalism.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:42 am

Sertorio wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:06 am
Jim the Moron wrote:

Some is, but there is anti-Semitism which results from a profound disrespect of other peoples and cultures by Jews who take their "chosen people" idea far too seriously. Americans sometimes do the same, with their ridiculous claim to exceptionalism.
Succinctly put, Sertorio.

It reminds me of viewing current affairs video clip a few years ago of a group of Orthodox (or were they ultra-Orthodox? I forget which now!) Jewish squatters who had illegally moved in and built a settlement on Palestinian land in the West Bank. When the interviewer asked a threesome of them how they can justify what they had done one of the younger Orthodox Jews in the group piped in "Because we are God's chosen people!" (in those very words).

The brazen hypocrisy in that is as offensive as the sheer arrogance.