Israel

Discussion of current events
dagbay

Re: Israel

Post by dagbay » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:32 am

For whomever is interested, here is an article by Mudar Zahran the Jordan section of the Muslim Brotherhood which describes the structure of the political map in Jordan. https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... roups.html
I'd rather be diving or flying alas for now I am on terra firma.

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:53 am

dagbay wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:32 am
For whomever is interested, here is an article by Mudar Zahran the Jordan section of the Muslim Brotherhood which describes the structure of the political map in Jordan. https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... roups.html
Yes, and besides the need for labeling the MB as a terrorist organization by the US, as the article recommends, CAIR - which has worked closely with the MB - should also be labeled as such.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:02 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:42 am
dagbay describes with authority the exodus ("for almost 2 decades") of Muslims from Israel and Gaza - to Europe and South America. Unfortunate for the recipients, but less of a burden for civilized folks (mainly Israelis) wishing to live in peace in the Levant.
In carving out a homeland for the unloved Jews of Europe the Zionist founders of the State of Israel turned the former occupants into a nation of exiles. If that constitutes "civilized" behavior then you must believe that two wrongs add up to a right.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:12 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:02 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:
dagbay describes with authority the exodus ("for almost 2 decades") of Muslims from Israel and Gaza - to Europe and South America. Unfortunate for the recipients, but less of a burden for civilized folks (mainly Israelis) wishing to live in peace in the Levant.
In carving out a homeland for the unloved Jews of Europe the Zionist founders of the State of Israel turned the former occupants into a nation of exiles. If that constitutes "civilized" behavior then you must believe that two wrongs add up to a right.
Palestine has been occupied by so many different peoples throughout history that I fail to see why occupation by Israel is any worse than any of the others. If Arabs accepted this reality, I'm sure that Israel could help all of them becoming economically developed and more modern...

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:14 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:02 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:
". . . unloved Jews of Europe . . ." e.g. your base European anti-Semites. And, were not Jews granted a homeland in the Levant?

neverfail

Re: Jordan

Post by neverfail » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:27 pm

Oh please dagbay. Please do not put your beloved State of Israel high up on a pedestal for its Arab neighbors to bow down to and worship.
dagbay wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:24 pm

But nothing should stop the Arabs of Jordan from desalinating water and with some industrious spirit borrowed from its neighbor it can be sustainable.
Israel has a real natural asset in its geography. The fact that it has such a long Mediterranean coastline (compared to its few kilometers long short one on the Red Sea) and its main population centers are all close enough to (cost-effectively) reap the benefit. Jordan has none of these advantages. The fact that it has this peep-hole port of Aqaba giving it tentative access to the Red Sea I would suggest alters the economics of desalination. Jordan's main population concentrations are far from Aqaba and there is I believe quite a lot of rugged terrain in-between.

Desalinated sea water is always costly water - as we in Sydney know only too well from the way in which our own desalination plant has added considerably to the cost of our water bills.

(Even the Israeli authorities would agree. Israel was in the business of pumping stored up rainwarer before it went into the water desalination business. I heard years ago that a pumping station on the shores of the Sea of Galilee has been draining so much water from this lake (to supply irrigation water by pipeline to a thriving horticultural industry around Beersheba) that it has lowered the water level to the point where the Jordan River barely flows - resulting in a great shortfall of irrigation water to Palestinian farmers on both the West Bank and the Jordan side. Benefit to Israel at cost to its Arab neighbors. And they still wonder why the State of Israel is hated by those neighbors? )

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:47 pm

Unfortunate, isn't it neverfail. Jews are accomplished in the sciences (e.g.advanced desal tech) while Arabs wallow in their Koran-driven indignation. Envy is a terrible thing.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:29 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:47 pm
Unfortunate, isn't it neverfail. Jews are accomplished in the sciences (e.g.advanced desal tech) while Arabs wallow in their Koran-driven indignation. Envy is a terrible thing.
Nothing to do with envy. As exemplified by the theft of irrigation water from Palestinian farmers in the Jordan River valley the state of Israel has wronged it's neighbors.

Palestinian resentment is born of injustice - not envy!

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:38 pm

neverfail wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:29 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:47 pm
Nothing to do with envy. As exemplified by the theft of irrigation water from Palestinian farmers in the Jordan River valley the state of Israel has wronged it's neighbors.

Palestinian resentment is born of injustice - not envy!
Savage Muslim barbarians aren't interested in farming. Their focus is on destroying Israel.

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:23 pm

Facebook bans positive news about Israel:
im.jpg
im.jpg (83.09 KiB) Viewed 491 times
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros