Israel

Discussion of current events
Jim the Moron
Posts: 1503
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Israel

Post by Jim the Moron » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:18 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:11 am
Jim the Moron wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:33 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:17 am
Jim the Moron wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:32 pm
"Europe at UN says Golan Heights is not Israeli territory"
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/wo ... y-11382940

Ah, yes, your United Nations in action . . . Screw Europe. The civilized Israelis have all rights to the GH, earned by beating off the barbarians there decades ago.
When you put it that way it sounds like the same argument used to justify Manifest Destiny and the Scramble for Africa.

That said, though, don't start wars. Syria attacked Israel, and lost territory as a result. If that result isn't reasonable, then you'd think the same people would be calling for most of Poland to be returned to Germany.
Well, there is that. But there are two important considerations:
1. Europeans tend to be anti-Semitic folks, coloring their views of the State of Israel.
2. Without control over the Golan Heights, Israel would be much more at danger of being overrun by barbarians.
That term again. Note that if a country is full of "barbarians" if it tries to instigate a needless war in the Middle East, then the definition would also include Americans.
What? Are they not acts of barbarism to have fundamentalist Islamic creeps chanting "Death to Israel?" It's not a "needless war" if Israel finds itself in a defensive position against such.

User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 2060
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Northern Virginia, USA and Dominica, West Indies
Contact:

Re: Israel

Post by SteveFoerster » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:56 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:18 pm
SteveFoerster wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:11 am
Jim the Moron wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:33 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:17 am
Jim the Moron wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:32 pm
"Europe at UN says Golan Heights is not Israeli territory"
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/wo ... y-11382940

Ah, yes, your United Nations in action . . . Screw Europe. The civilized Israelis have all rights to the GH, earned by beating off the barbarians there decades ago.
When you put it that way it sounds like the same argument used to justify Manifest Destiny and the Scramble for Africa.

That said, though, don't start wars. Syria attacked Israel, and lost territory as a result. If that result isn't reasonable, then you'd think the same people would be calling for most of Poland to be returned to Germany.
Well, there is that. But there are two important considerations:
1. Europeans tend to be anti-Semitic folks, coloring their views of the State of Israel.
2. Without control over the Golan Heights, Israel would be much more at danger of being overrun by barbarians.
That term again. Note that if a country is full of "barbarians" if it tries to instigate a needless war in the Middle East, then the definition would also include Americans.
What? Are they not acts of barbarism to have fundamentalist Islamic creeps chanting "Death to Israel?"
You mean like this?

https://www.cafepress.com/+,25822160/
Jim the Moron wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:18 pm
It's not a "needless war" if Israel finds itself in a defensive position against such.
It's Syria and its allies who started the needless wars against Israel. Against Iraq, though... yeah.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Jim the Moron
Posts: 1503
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Israel

Post by Jim the Moron » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:39 pm

OK - lets cut to the chase. Israel needs to declare its national boundaries to include the Golan, all of Jerusalem, and all of Judea and Samaria. Let the chips fall where they may.
The Gaza Strip? Give it back to Egypt. If they don't want it, pass out about 50,000 long knives among its Hamas occupants, and then watch nature take its course.

User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 2060
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Northern Virginia, USA and Dominica, West Indies
Contact:

Re: Israel

Post by SteveFoerster » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:43 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:39 pm
OK - lets cut to the chase. Israel needs to declare its national boundaries to include the Golan, all of Jerusalem, and all of Judea and Samaria. Let the chips fall where they may.
The Gaza Strip? Give it back to Egypt. If they don't want it, pass out about 50,000 long knives among its Hamas occupants, and then watch nature take its course.
Including full citizenship for Arabs in the West Bank?
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

User avatar
dagbay
Posts: 267
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:27 pm

Re: Israel

Post by dagbay » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:12 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:43 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:39 pm
OK - lets cut to the chase. Israel needs to declare its national boundaries to include the Golan, all of Jerusalem, and all of Judea and Samaria. Let the chips fall where they may.
The Gaza Strip? Give it back to Egypt. If they don't want it, pass out about 50,000 long knives among its Hamas occupants, and then watch nature take its course.
Including full citizenship for Arabs in the West Bank?
No Steve, Clearly that will not work or be acceptable to Israel. But there have been a number of other possibilities that might actually work.
1. Annex only Area C and Area B both have a very small population that would not affect the Israeli demographic if all residents accept Israeli sovereignty.
2. Area A people will stay in their towns under self rule. They will be emirates with all but military control. Their citizens would get a choice: Take JordanIan citizenship back (revoked by King Hussain back in the 19 80's as a prep for Oslo.). Alternatively they can accept a one way ticket out or remain in their current status as citizens of their own emiret.
4. As for Gaza - the best solution is to open the boarder with Egypt. As a sunni country of 100m people it will not notice the additional 1.5m people who in any case are more interested in migration to Eurabia than staying in the slums.
There are a number of other ideas some of which were floated by Mudar Zahran who is the leader if the opposition in Jordan. He actually wants the Arabs to relocate to Jordan and form a prosperous country there.
The GH was annexed to israel in the 19 80's after it became clear that Assad will not follow Jordan and Egypt.
I'd rather be diving or flying alas for now I am on terra firma.

User avatar
Milo
Posts: 2019
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: Israel

Post by Milo » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:35 pm

dagbay wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:12 pm
SteveFoerster wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:43 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:39 pm
OK - lets cut to the chase. Israel needs to declare its national boundaries to include the Golan, all of Jerusalem, and all of Judea and Samaria. Let the chips fall where they may.
The Gaza Strip? Give it back to Egypt. If they don't want it, pass out about 50,000 long knives among its Hamas occupants, and then watch nature take its course.
Including full citizenship for Arabs in the West Bank?
No Steve, Clearly that will not work or be acceptable to Israel. But there have been a number of other possibilities that might actually work.
1. Annex only Area C and Area B both have a very small population that would not affect the Israeli demographic if all residents accept Israeli sovereignty.
2. Area A people will stay in their towns under self rule. They will be emirates with all but military control. Their citizens would get a choice: Take JordanIan citizenship back (revoked by King Hussain back in the 19 80's as a prep for Oslo.). Alternatively they can accept a one way ticket out or remain in their current status as citizens of their own emiret.
4. As for Gaza - the best solution is to open the boarder with Egypt. As a sunni country of 100m people it will not notice the additional 1.5m people who in any case are more interested in migration to Eurabia than staying in the slums.
There are a number of other ideas some of which were floated by Mudar Zahran who is the leader if the opposition in Jordan. He actually wants the Arabs to relocate to Jordan and form a prosperous country there.
The GH was annexed to israel in the 19 80's after it became clear that Assad will not follow Jordan and Egypt.
The problem with settling this is that the Palestinian leadership do not want it settled. Most Muslim states don't either.

User avatar
dagbay
Posts: 267
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:27 pm

Re: Israel

Post by dagbay » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:04 am

The problem with settling this is that the Palestinian leadership do not want it settled. Most Muslim states don't either.
Milo, rime and reason are comming to the other Muslim states or what is left of them after the Arab Spring (cheered on by the west and Obama who tried to hurt Israel during his tenure).
They seem to be less dogmatic when they consider their economy and survival.
I'd rather be diving or flying alas for now I am on terra firma.

Jim the Moron
Posts: 1503
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Israel

Post by Jim the Moron » Fri May 24, 2019 12:31 pm

"Rouhani accuses Zionists of writing US officials' anti-Iranian speeches"

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Rouha ... hes-590562

Well, if "US officials" are unwilling to point out the savagery of Iranian support for barbarism, then why not? Israelis are all too familiar with Iran and its policies.

User avatar
dagbay
Posts: 267
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:27 pm

Re: Israel

Post by dagbay » Wed May 29, 2019 2:28 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 12:31 pm
"Rouhani accuses Zionists of writing US officials' anti-Iranian speeches"

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Rouha ... hes-590562

Well, if "US officials" are unwilling to point out the savagery of Iranian support for barbarism, then why not? Israelis are all too familiar with Iran and its policies.
Very delusional statement even for Ruhani just as their proxy in Lebanon is caught nonce again with their pants down:
https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/IDF-d ... nel-591019
What kind of technology is employed to track the progress of the other tunnels that have not yet breached the border, as stated in the column, should worry those diggers... Their like minded digging buddies in the Gaza border often do not come out of their tunnels due to mysterious collapses.
I'd rather be diving or flying alas for now I am on terra firma.

Jim the Moron
Posts: 1503
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Israel

Post by Jim the Moron » Wed May 29, 2019 2:52 pm

dagbay wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 2:28 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 12:31 pm
"Rouhani accuses Zionists of writing US officials' anti-Iranian speeches"

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Rouha ... hes-590562

Well, if "US officials" are unwilling to point out the savagery of Iranian support for barbarism, then why not? Israelis are all too familiar with Iran and its policies.
Very delusional statement even for Ruhani just as their proxy in Lebanon is caught nonce again with their pants down:
https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/IDF-d ... nel-591019
What kind of technology is employed to track the progress of the other tunnels that have not yet breached the border, as stated in the column, should worry those diggers... Their like minded digging buddies in the Gaza border often do not come out of their tunnels due to mysterious collapses.
Gosh, what unfortunate happenings - "mysterious collapses" . . . Dear, dear, what can the matter be? (As they say in Chicago).

Post Reply