Israel

Discussion of current events
User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 2060
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Northern Virginia, USA and Dominica, West Indies
Contact:

Re: Israel

Post by SteveFoerster » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:11 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:10 pm
Israel, to those who seek her destruction . . .

Some of them, surely. But that constant threat has to be tiresome eventually.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Jim the Moron
Posts: 1503
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Israel

Post by Jim the Moron » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:56 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:11 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:10 pm
Israel, to those who seek her destruction . . .

Some of them, surely. But that constant threat has to be tiresome eventually.
Yes. There was a long-running thread on the old forum entitled something like "There will never be peace for Israel." And it's true. Think about her neighbors . . .

User avatar
dagbay
Posts: 267
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:27 pm

Re: Israel

Post by dagbay » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:37 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:56 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:11 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:10 pm
Israel, to those who seek her destruction . . .

Some of them, surely. But that constant threat has to be tiresome eventually.
Yes. There was a long-running thread on the old forum entitled something like "There will never be peace for Israel." And it's true. Think about her neighbors . . .
The silver lining is that this constant threat forces israel forward as it must excelle in order to prevail. Other countries unaware of such threat have welcomed the "snake" and are helpless to avoid it's bite (cf. Western Europe).
I'd rather be diving or flying alas for now I am on terra firma.

Jim the Moron
Posts: 1503
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Israel

Post by Jim the Moron » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:55 pm

"Israel, Cyprus, Greece and Italy agree on $7b. East Med gas pipeline to Europe"
https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-cy ... to-europe/

The economic benefits of this to the four named countries are obvious. But maybe most important - the project completely avoids barbaric Islamic lands.

Jim the Moron
Posts: 1503
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Israel

Post by Jim the Moron » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:42 pm

"Israel Will Be The Great Foreign Policy Debate Of The Democratic Primary"
https//www.buzzfeednews.com/article/emilytamki ... crats-2020

A detailed discussion - worthwhile . . .

"A Pew Research poll last year found just 27% of Democrats said they sympathized with Israel."

Jim the Moron
Posts: 1503
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Israel

Post by Jim the Moron » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:32 pm

"Europe at UN says Golan Heights is not Israeli territory"
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/wo ... y-11382940

Ah, yes, your United Nations in action . . . Screw Europe. The civilized Israelis have all rights to the GH, earned by beating off the barbarians there decades ago.

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 2717
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Israel

Post by Sertorio » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:45 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:32 pm
"Europe at UN says Golan Heights is not Israeli territory"
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/wo ... y-11382940

Ah, yes, your United Nations in action . . . Screw Europe. The civilized Israelis have all rights to the GH, earned by beating off the barbarians there decades ago.
Might is right... Where did I hear that before?... :D

User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 2060
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Northern Virginia, USA and Dominica, West Indies
Contact:

Re: Israel

Post by SteveFoerster » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:17 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:32 pm
"Europe at UN says Golan Heights is not Israeli territory"
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/wo ... y-11382940

Ah, yes, your United Nations in action . . . Screw Europe. The civilized Israelis have all rights to the GH, earned by beating off the barbarians there decades ago.
When you put it that way it sounds like the same argument used to justify Manifest Destiny and the Scramble for Africa.

That said, though, don't start wars. Syria attacked Israel, and lost territory as a result. If that result isn't reasonable, then you'd think the same people would be calling for most of Poland to be returned to Germany.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Jim the Moron
Posts: 1503
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Israel

Post by Jim the Moron » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:33 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:17 am
Jim the Moron wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:32 pm
"Europe at UN says Golan Heights is not Israeli territory"
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/wo ... y-11382940

Ah, yes, your United Nations in action . . . Screw Europe. The civilized Israelis have all rights to the GH, earned by beating off the barbarians there decades ago.
When you put it that way it sounds like the same argument used to justify Manifest Destiny and the Scramble for Africa.

That said, though, don't start wars. Syria attacked Israel, and lost territory as a result. If that result isn't reasonable, then you'd think the same people would be calling for most of Poland to be returned to Germany.
Well, there is that. But there are two important considerations:
1. Europeans tend to be anti-Semitic folks, coloring their views of the State of Israel.
2. Without control over the Golan Heights, Israel would be much more at danger of being overrun by barbarians.

User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 2060
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Northern Virginia, USA and Dominica, West Indies
Contact:

Re: Israel

Post by SteveFoerster » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:11 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:33 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:17 am
Jim the Moron wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:32 pm
"Europe at UN says Golan Heights is not Israeli territory"
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/wo ... y-11382940

Ah, yes, your United Nations in action . . . Screw Europe. The civilized Israelis have all rights to the GH, earned by beating off the barbarians there decades ago.
When you put it that way it sounds like the same argument used to justify Manifest Destiny and the Scramble for Africa.

That said, though, don't start wars. Syria attacked Israel, and lost territory as a result. If that result isn't reasonable, then you'd think the same people would be calling for most of Poland to be returned to Germany.
Well, there is that. But there are two important considerations:
1. Europeans tend to be anti-Semitic folks, coloring their views of the State of Israel.
2. Without control over the Golan Heights, Israel would be much more at danger of being overrun by barbarians.
That term again. Note that if a country is full of "barbarians" if it tries to instigate a needless war in the Middle East, then the definition would also include Americans.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Post Reply