Sertorio wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 11:21 pm
cassowary wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 10:38 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 7:05 am
cassowary wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 6:59 am
The only way to solve the Palestinian problem is for Israel to invade and kill all the HAMAS militants. Only defeat to the extent that the Germans and Japanese suffered during WWII will end this conflict.
I'm glad Cass is a Calvinist, full of Christian love for the peoples of the world... Had he not been a Christian you could imagine the awful things he would write about people he doesn't like...Fortunately the message of Christ has helped him control his worst instincts...
I am a realist. The current method does not work. As Spengler pointed out, it took the deaths of hundreds of thousands of southerners before they gave up slavery.

It also took a lot of dead Japanese before they gave up. It is better in the long run for the Palestinians. They need to be convinced that that they must accept Israel’s right to exist.
Almost too disgusting to comment upon...

Probably 99% of the "hundreds of thousands of southerners" who died in the Civil War did not own any slaves...Just as 99% of the Japanese who died in Hiroshima and Nagasaki never harmed anyone... And 99% of the Palestinians who would die in your desired massacre would be a lot better people than you...
You are right that 99% of Southerners who died may not have owned slaves. But they were willing to fight to preserve their way of life which meant slavery. There was not way to abolish slavery except through war and that meant killing people. Same for WWII. Millions of Japanese soldiers were willing to fight for their emperor whom they believe was a god. So they had to die or Asia would have been dominated by a brutal army. Remember the Rape of Nanking? Also the killings in other places like Singapore, Phillipines etc?

War is hell. So we have a bunch of Palestinians who hate Jews. For centuries, they lived under Sharia law, which gave lower status to non-Muslims. It will take maybe a hundred years to change this way of thinking just like it took US Southerners a long time to accept blacks as equals. The Palestinians believe that Jews are Allah's eternal enemies whom Prophet Mohammed prophesized will be massacred by Muslims before the End Times when Jesus comes again. Fallen warriors will go to paradise. It is similar to the militant Shinto beliefs that made the WWII Japanese warrior so scary and brutal. I am a realist. There is no way for peace till their fighting men are killed. I am referring to the HAMAS fighters.

History supports my realism. It is you Socaialists/atheists who are unrealistc.
Muslims lived more peacefully under Muslim rule than under Christian rule. For instance, in places like Iran, Egypt, Iraq and Morocco.
A little ignorance that does not fit you although goes well with your views. You choose to forget how those Muslims forced the zoroastrian Persians to convert to Islam as the did in Egypt and throughout north Africa and Spain.
I'd rather be diving or flying alas for now I am on terra firma.

cassowary

Re: Israel

Post by cassowary » Sun May 30, 2021 7:04 am

Sertorio wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 4:37 am
cassowary wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 3:53 am
Sertorio wrote:
cassowary wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
cassowary wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 6:59 am
The only way to solve the Palestinian problem is for Israel to invade and kill all the HAMAS militants. Only defeat to the extent that the Germans and Japanese suffered during WWII will end this conflict.
I'm glad Cass is a Calvinist, full of Christian love for the peoples of the world... Had he not been a Christian you could imagine the awful things he would write about people he doesn't like...Fortunately the message of Christ has helped him control his worst instincts...
I am a realist. The current method does not work. As Spengler pointed out, it took the deaths of hundreds of thousands of southerners before they gave up slavery.

It also took a lot of dead Japanese before they gave up. It is better in the long run for the Palestinians. They need to be convinced that that they must accept Israel’s right to exist.

Probably 99% of the "hundreds of thousands of southerners" who died in the Civil War did not own any slaves...Just as 99% of the Japanese who died in Hiroshima and Nagasaki never harmed anyone... And 99% of the Palestinians who would die in your desired massacre would be a lot better people than you...
You are right that 99% of Southerners who died may not have owned slaves. But they were willing to fight to preserve their way of life which meant slavery. There was not way to abolish slavery except through war and that meant killing people. Same for WWII. Millions of Japanese soldiers were willing to fight for their emperor whom they believe was a god. So they had to die or Asia would have been dominated by a brutal army. Remember the Rape of Nanking? Also the killings in other places like Singapore, Phillipines etc?

War is hell. So we have a bunch of Palestinians who hate Jews. For centuries, they lived under Sharia law, which gave lower status to non-Muslims. It will take maybe a hundred years to change this way of thinking just like it took US Southerners a long time to accept blacks as equals. The Palestinians believe that Jews are Allah's eternal enemies whom Prophet Mohammed prophesized will be massacred by Muslims before the End Times when Jesus comes again. Fallen warriors will go to paradise. It is similar to the militant Shinto beliefs that made the WWII Japanese warrior so scary and brutal. I am a realist. There is no way for peace till their fighting men are killed. I am referring to the HAMAS fighters.

Muslims lived more peacefully under Muslim rule than under Christian rule. For instance, in places like Iran, Egypt, Iraq and Morocco.
I am not so sure, Sertorio. Look at Afghanistian. Do Muslims there live peacefully with each other? If their lives are so peaceful and good, why do they want to migrate to Christian countries?

This is not new. It was so even in medieval times. Have you heard of Ibn Jubyar, the Spanish Muslim from Andalusia? While travelling to Mecca, he stopped by the Holy Land, then under the Crusaders. He found to his astonishment that Muslims actually preferred to live among the Franks (as the Europeans were then called) than among fellow Muslims because they were treated better.
We moved from Tibnin - may God destroy it - at daybreak on Monday. Our way lay through continuous farms and ordered settlements, whose inhabitants were all Muslims living comfortably with the Franks. God protect us from such temptation. They surrender half their crops to the Franks at harvest time, and pay as well a poll-tax of one dinar and five qirat for each person. Other than that, they are not interfered with, save for a light tax on the fruits of trees. Their houses and all their effects are left to their full possession. All the coastal cities occupied by the Franks are managed in this fashion, their rural districts, the villages and farms, belonging to the Muslims. But their hearts have been seduced, for they observe how unlike them in ease and comfort are their brethren in the Muslim regions under their (Muslim) governors. This is one of the misfortunes afflicting the Muslims. The Muslim community bewails the injustice of a landlord of its own faith, and applauds the conduct of its opponent and enemy, the Frankish landlord, and is accustomed to justice from him. He who laments this state must turn to God. There is comfort and consolation enough for us in the exalted Book: 'It is nothing but a trial; Thou makest to err with it whom Thou pleasest, and guidest whom Thou pleasest' [Koran VII, 155].
See? Isn't it the same today as it was in the 12th century? Modern Muslims, like Ibn Jubyar, curse the infidel. Yet they actually prefer to live under infidel rule because as Ibn Jubyar said, they are accustomed to justice from the infidel.
The Imp :D

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sun May 30, 2021 10:22 am

dagbay wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 5:29 am
Sertorio wrote:
cassowary wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
cassowary wrote:
Sertorio wrote:

A little ignorance that does not fit you although goes well with your views. You choose to forget how those Muslims forced the zoroastrian Persians to convert to Islam as the did in Egypt and throughout north Africa and Spain.
Of course I meant Jews... :oops:

As to Zoroastrians they still exist in Iran, and in Egypt 10% of the population is Coptic Christian...

dagbay

Post by dagbay » Mon May 31, 2021 7:06 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 10:22 am
dagbay wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 5:29 am
Sertorio wrote:
cassowary wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
cassowary wrote:

Of course I meant Jews... :oops:

As to Zoroastrians they still exist in Iran, and in Egypt 10% of the population is Coptic Christian...
10% in Egypt WERE Coptic 20 yeas ago before Mubarak was toppled and jailed and before the short stint of Mursi and the Muslim Brotherhood. There are fewer then 5% left and those who can are leaving.
I'd rather be diving or flying alas for now I am on terra firma.

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:06 pm

"Bennett sworn in as prime minister"
https://timesofisrael.com/bennett-sworn ... -in-power/

By most accounts Bennett will advance Israel's interests well. The coalition, however, looks messy. Problematic future.

Ellen

Post by Ellen » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:34 pm

I like Bennett and think he could be a very good Prime Minister, but he is handcuffed by the absurd coalition he leads. They exist to remove Netnayahu from power, and then to pass legislation preventing him from ever returning to power. The first part is now done. The question is can they get the second part done? I don't know.

Once Bibi is removed from any possibility of returning to power, the entire political configuration in Israel will change. The Israeli right consitutes 60% of elected Knesset members. Certainly, they plus the centrist parties (another 20%) should be running the country. Without the toxic personality and behavior of Bibi, they should be able to build a new party system, with mergers and partitions as the case may be.

All of this requires the banishment of Bibi from politics. So far, he is not gone - he has only moved his toxic personality into the opposition, from which he will try to return to power. One would think that an ambitious man who is 71 years old and has a global brand and lots of interesting things to write and lecture about, would retire from politics and pursue the speaking and publication circuit. He and his wife are so addicted to power, and the sycophancy that accompanies it, that he can never give it up. It is like a drug for him. Sad, because he is ruining his reputation and legacy.

lzzrdgrrl

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:02 pm

Netanyahu Blasts Biden on His Way Out of Office

“The new U.S. administration requested that I save our disagreements on the Iran nuclear deal for behind closed doors, and not share them publicly,” Netanyahu said. “I told them I won’t act that way.”
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/m ... e-n1454458
I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:12 pm

"Dems Shocked, Disappointed To Learn The New Israeli Prime Minister Will Still Be A Jew"

https://babylonbee.com/news/dems-shocke ... l-be-a-jew

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:55 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:12 pm
"Dems Shocked, Disappointed To Learn The New Israeli Prime Minister Will Still Be A Jew"

https://babylonbee.com/news/dems-shocke ... l-be-a-jew
:D

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:52 am

Ellen wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:34 pm
I like Bennett and think he could be a very good Prime Minister, but he is handcuffed by the absurd coalition he leads. They exist to remove Netnayahu from power, and then to pass legislation preventing him from ever returning to power. The first part is now done. The question is can they get the second part done? I don't know.

Once Bibi is removed from any possibility of returning to power, the entire political configuration in Israel will change. The Israeli right consitutes 60% of elected Knesset members. Certainly, they plus the centrist parties (another 20%) should be running the country. Without the toxic personality and behavior of Bibi, they should be able to build a new party system, with mergers and partitions as the case may be.

All of this requires the banishment of Bibi from politics. So far, he is not gone - he has only moved his toxic personality into the opposition, from which he will try to return to power. One would think that an ambitious man who is 71 years old and has a global brand and lots of interesting things to write and lecture about, would retire from politics and pursue the speaking and publication circuit. He and his wife are so addicted to power, and the sycophancy that accompanies it, that he can never give it up. It is like a drug for him. Sad, because he is ruining his reputation and legacy.
A lot like the political situation in the USA - with Trump still lingering on in the wings like a bad smell?