Israel

Discussion of current events
Jim the Moron

Re: Israel

Post by Jim the Moron » Fri May 28, 2021 9:48 pm

"Bennett, Lapid reach agreement'"
https://timesofisrael.com/report-bennet ... netanyahu/

Looking forward to reading commentary here on this . . .

dagbay

Post by dagbay » Sat May 29, 2021 5:24 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 9:48 pm
"Bennett, Lapid reach agreement'"
https://timesofisrael.com/report-bennet ... netanyahu/

Looking forward to reading commentary here on this . . .
Benet and Saar are both fighting for political survival. They both know that their respective parties will be erased in another round of elections since both have done the opposite of what their voters expected from them. The real possibility of a Lapis coalition is TBD. Let's wait a few days to find out.
I'd rather be diving or flying alas for now I am on terra firma.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sat May 29, 2021 6:59 am

The only way to solve the Palestinian problem is for Israel to invade and kill all the HAMAS militants. Only defeat to the extent that the Germans and Japanese suffered during WWII will end this conflict.
The Imp :D

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sat May 29, 2021 7:05 am

cassowary wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 6:59 am
The only way to solve the Palestinian problem is for Israel to invade and kill all the HAMAS militants. Only defeat to the extent that the Germans and Japanese suffered during WWII will end this conflict.
I'm glad Cass is a Calvinist, full of Christian love for the peoples of the world... Had he not been a Christian you could imagine the awful things he would write about people he doesn't like...Fortunately the message of Christ has helped him control his worst instincts...

dagbay

Post by dagbay » Sat May 29, 2021 6:37 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 7:05 am
cassowary wrote:
I'm glad Cass is a Calvinist, full of Christian love for the peoples of the world... Had he not been a Christian you could imagine the awful things he would write about people he doesn't like...Fortunately the message of Christ has helped him control his worst instincts...
Such approach to conflict resolution is not acceptable for civilized people but is the modus operandi of some Muslim barbarians AKA HAMAS, Hizballah, ISIS etc.
I'd rather be diving or flying alas for now I am on terra firma.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sat May 29, 2021 10:38 pm

Sertorio wrote:
cassowary wrote:
I am a realist. The current method does not work. As Spengler pointed out, it took the deaths of hundreds of thousands of southerners before they gave up slavery.

It also took a lot of dead Japanese before they gave up. It is better in the long run for the Palestinians. They need to be convinced that that they must accept Israel’s right to exist.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sat May 29, 2021 11:21 pm

cassowary wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 10:38 pm
Sertorio wrote:
cassowary wrote:
I am a realist. The current method does not work. As Spengler pointed out, it took the deaths of hundreds of thousands of southerners before they gave up slavery.

It also took a lot of dead Japanese before they gave up. It is better in the long run for the Palestinians. They need to be convinced that that they must accept Israel’s right to exist.
Almost too disgusting to comment upon...

Probably 99% of the "hundreds of thousands of southerners" who died in the Civil War did not own any slaves...Just as 99% of the Japanese who died in Hiroshima and Nagasaki never harmed anyone... And 99% of the Palestinians who would die in your desired massacre would be a lot better people than you...

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sun May 30, 2021 3:53 am

Sertorio wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 11:21 pm
cassowary wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
cassowary wrote:

Probably 99% of the "hundreds of thousands of southerners" who died in the Civil War did not own any slaves...Just as 99% of the Japanese who died in Hiroshima and Nagasaki never harmed anyone... And 99% of the Palestinians who would die in your desired massacre would be a lot better people than you...
You are right that 99% of Southerners who died may not have owned slaves. But they were willing to fight to preserve their way of life which meant slavery. There was not way to abolish slavery except through war and that meant killing people. Same for WWII. Millions of Japanese soldiers were willing to fight for their emperor whom they believe was a god. So they had to die or Asia would have been dominated by a brutal army. Remember the Rape of Nanking? Also the killings in other places like Singapore, Phillipines etc?

War is hell. So we have a bunch of Palestinians who hate Jews. For centuries, they lived under Sharia law, which gave lower status to non-Muslims. It will take maybe a hundred years to change this way of thinking just like it took US Southerners a long time to accept blacks as equals. The Palestinians believe that Jews are Allah's eternal enemies whom Prophet Mohammed prophesized will be massacred by Muslims before the End Times when Jesus comes again. Fallen warriors will go to paradise. It is similar to the militant Shinto beliefs that made the WWII Japanese warrior so scary and brutal. I am a realist. There is no way for peace till their fighting men are killed. I am referring to the HAMAS fighters.

History supports my realism. It is you Socaialists/atheists who are unrealistc.
Last edited by cassowary on Sun May 30, 2021 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sun May 30, 2021 3:53 am

Duplicate deleted.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sun May 30, 2021 4:37 am

cassowary wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 3:53 am
Sertorio wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 11:21 pm
cassowary wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
cassowary wrote:

You are right that 99% of Southerners who died may not have owned slaves. But they were willing to fight to preserve their way of life which meant slavery. There was not way to abolish slavery except through war and that meant killing people. Same for WWII. Millions of Japanese soldiers were willing to fight for their emperor whom they believe was a god. So they had to die or Asia would have been dominated by a brutal army. Remember the Rape of Nanking? Also the killings in other places like Singapore, Phillipines etc?

War is hell. So we have a bunch of Palestinians who hate Jews. For centuries, they lived under Sharia law, which gave lower status to non-Muslims. It will take maybe a hundred years to change this way of thinking just like it took US Southerners a long time to accept blacks as equals. The Palestinians believe that Jews are Allah's eternal enemies whom Prophet Mohammed prophesized will be massacred by Muslims before the End Times when Jesus comes again. Fallen warriors will go to paradise. It is similar to the militant Shinto beliefs that made the WWII Japanese warrior so scary and brutal. I am a realist. There is no way for peace till their fighting men are killed. I am referring to the HAMAS fighters.

History supports my realism. It is you Socaialists/atheists who are unrealistc.
Muslims lived more peacefully under Muslim rule than under Christian rule. For instance, in places like Iran, Egypt, Iraq and Morocco.