Israel

Discussion of current events
User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 3710
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: Spencer = man with a bogus surname putting forth a bogus argument.

Post by cassowary » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:26 pm

neverfail wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:00 pm
cassowary wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:44 am

I never claimed that there were no Arabs living there before the Jews came. There were Muslims, Christians and Jews. What I said was, based on what I read, Jewish immigration stimulated Arab migration.
If it did then obviously Arab immigration was nowhere near enough to come anywhere close matching the multiple rise in the size of the Jewish population through immigration.

This matter of "Arab immigration" is nothing but a straw man of Zionist propaganda to lull gentile admirer's (dupes?) of Israel into the delusion that Palestine/Israel was until late in the 19th century almost uninhabited frontier territory crying out for enterprising immigrants (like Jews) to come along and develop it. An especially effective lie appealing to Americans as it plays upon their cherished own national legend about nation building via the opening up of their western frontier. In fact as my quoted chart shows the Holy Land may have been sparsely populated (as did wide stretches of this planet elsewhere back in the 19th century) but that did not mean that it was uninhabited. It had been home to an overwhelmingly, well established gentile majority population for centuries before the first wave of Zionist pioneers arrived late in the 19th century.
cassowary wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:52 am
Now the Jews during the late 19th and 20th centuries were mainly from Europe. They would have brought along their capital and brains.
Something else as well Cass. The prevailing European conviction that European ways were inherently superior to those of all other races and cultures. The racism that grew in relation to the rise in European nationalism and imperialism shared by European Jews as well as gentiles. Hence from the start an attitude of contempt for Arabs and their civilization that the long resident Arabs could not have helped but pick up.
cassowary wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:52 am
Records show that it was 19th and 20th century Jewish settlement and the resulting employment opportunities that drew successive waves of Arab immigrants to Palestine. “The Arab population shows a remarkable increase ….. partly due to the import of Jewish capital into Palestine and other factors associated with the growth of the [Jewish] National Home..” (The Peel Commission Report - 1937)
I do not deny even the verity of that when the situation is looked at in the one-dimensional, bloodless way that bureaucrats and capitalists focused narrowly on the matter of economic development to the exclusion of all else unerringly favour. You remain in a state of denial over the fact that these Jewish immigrants, while they might have achieved all of these wonderful things, were not attempting to integrate themselves into the existing Arabic tradition that had prevailed in the Holy Land for centuries but instead were striving to build a whole new order alien to that of the existing gentile residents. For instance, Jewish immigrants shed Yiddish in favor of speaking Hebrew, not Arabic. Nothing less than a takeover of their country by foreigners and loss of what control they had over their own destiny was in the offing for the Palestinians.

(Please do not compare this to mass migration into post WW2 Australia as such a comparison is nought but a misleading red herring. Regardless of where they are from our immigrants make every effort to integrate into the Australian way of like - and our immigration rules are geared to select incoming immigrants on that basis. We do not have and have never had uncontrolled migration into our country which is why immigration has been such a success story out here. But the poor Palestinians never had the sovereign power to enable themselves to formulate an immigration policy to suit themselves - and that is a significant difference.)
cassowary wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:52 am
Imbalance of growth does not mean Arabs did not benefit from Jewish immigration. Obviously they did or they would not have immigrated to Palestine too, according to the Peel Commission.
Yes, and had these same Palestinian Arabs been content at witnessing the buildup of an alien society of immigrants in their midst they would not have responded with simmering discontent leading to violence. The findings of the Peel Commission were one-dimensional myopic. Let there be economic development and all else will be well- or so the logic seems to go. :(
I just realised something. Australia is like Israel with the abos taking the place of the Palestinians. An alien culture came and built up a new society that did not bother to learn the abo languages. They did not even bother to assimilate to the local culture by for instance eating grubs, honey ants, worms and other bush tucker.

Instead they transformed the countryside by introducing cattle and sheep and created a whole new economy. And they felt superior to the abos while doing that. Is there an abo equivalent of HAMAS with their suicide bombers and jihad?

No, because they are not Muslims.
The Imp :D

neverfail
Posts: 4781
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Spencer = man with a bogus surname putting forth a bogus argument.

Post by neverfail » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:38 am

cassowary wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:26 pm

I just realised something. Australia is like Israel with the abos taking the place of the Palestinians. An alien culture came and built up a new society that did not bother to learn the abo languages. They did not even bother to assimilate to the local culture by for instance eating grubs, honey ants, worms and other bush tucker.

Instead they transformed the countryside by introducing cattle and sheep and created a whole new economy. And they felt superior to the abos while doing that. Is there an abo equivalent of HAMAS with their suicide bombers and jihad?

No, because they are not Muslims.
;) :D :D :D

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 3710
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: Spencer = man with a bogus surname putting forth a bogus argument.

Post by cassowary » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:30 pm

neverfail wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:38 am
cassowary wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:26 pm

I just realised something. Australia is like Israel with the abos taking the place of the Palestinians. An alien culture came and built up a new society that did not bother to learn the abo languages. They did not even bother to assimilate to the local culture by for instance eating grubs, honey ants, worms and other bush tucker.

Instead they transformed the countryside by introducing cattle and sheep and created a whole new economy. And they felt superior to the abos while doing that. Is there an abo equivalent of HAMAS with their suicide bombers and jihad?

No, because they are not Muslims.
;) :D :D :D
If your abos are Muslims, there would have been a jihad supported by most of the 1.3 billion Muslims in the world. Islam teaches Muslims to drive them out from where you drove them out.

Once a land is Muslim, it is their duty to recover all lost lands. That’s what Israel is facing. Instead of that your abos are in a state of sullen resignation playing on the guilt of Australians to extract whatever benefits they can.

It’s not an ideal state of affairs but it’s much better than what Israelis are facing.
The Imp :D

neverfail
Posts: 4781
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Spencer = man with a bogus surname putting forth a bogus argument.

Post by neverfail » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:25 am

cassowary wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:30 pm

If your abos are Muslims, there would have been a jihad supported by most of the 1.3 billion Muslims in the world. Islam teaches Muslims to drive them out from where you drove them out.

Once a land is Muslim, it is their duty to recover all lost lands. That’s what Israel is facing. Instead of that your abos are in a state of sullen resignation playing on the guilt of Australians to extract whatever benefits they can.

It’s not an ideal state of affairs but it’s much better than what Israelis are facing.
I do know this Cassowary:

During the First World War over 1,000 Aboriginal men volunteered successfully to join our armed forces - despite the fact that at the time they were forbidden to do so. Some managed to "slip through the recruiting net" into uniform by pretending to be New Zealand Maoris or Filipinos. During the Second World War Aboriginals were permitted to join up and several thousand did. In both cases while they were treated as equals of white soldiers while in uniform (same rates of army pay etc.); upon demobilization at war's end they were denied army pensions and other privileges that demobilized white soldiers were granted. They were also subjected to the same discrimination as before.

During neither conflict not one Aboriginal was known to have sided with the enemy.

These people have proven incredibly loyal to the nation that we (not they) created. Possibly better than we deserve. Please do not talk about "playing on the guilt of Australians to extract whatever benefits they can." We owe them!

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 3710
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: Spencer = man with a bogus surname putting forth a bogus argument.

Post by cassowary » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:12 pm

neverfail wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:25 am
cassowary wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:30 pm

If your abos are Muslims, there would have been a jihad supported by most of the 1.3 billion Muslims in the world. Islam teaches Muslims to drive them out from where you drove them out.

Once a land is Muslim, it is their duty to recover all lost lands. That’s what Israel is facing. Instead of that your abos are in a state of sullen resignation playing on the guilt of Australians to extract whatever benefits they can.

It’s not an ideal state of affairs but it’s much better than what Israelis are facing.
I do know this Cassowary:

During the First World War over 1,000 Aboriginal men volunteered successfully to join our armed forces - despite the fact that at the time they were forbidden to do so. Some managed to "slip through the recruiting net" into uniform by pretending to be New Zealand Maoris or Filipinos. During the Second World War Aboriginals were permitted to join up and several thousand did. In both cases while they were treated as equals of white soldiers while in uniform (same rates of army pay etc.); upon demobilization at war's end they were denied army pensions and other privileges that demobilized white soldiers were granted. They were also subjected to the same discrimination as before.

During neither conflict not one Aboriginal was known to have sided with the enemy.

These people have proven incredibly loyal to the nation that we (not they) created. Possibly better than we deserve. Please do not talk about "playing on the guilt of Australians to extract whatever benefits they can." We owe them!
I am not interested in whether your abos deserve help or not. My point was that the abos are in a similar situation as the Palestinians minus the jihad.

This means that Islam is to blame for the intransigence of the Palestinians and the violence which is absent among your abos.

So don’t blame the Jews for the intractable problems in Palestine.
The Imp :D

neverfail
Posts: 4781
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Spencer = man with a bogus surname putting forth a bogus argument.

Post by neverfail » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:36 pm

cassowary wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:12 pm

So don’t blame the Jews for the intractable problems in Palestine.
Well, why not? :?:

Their Zionist forebears were silly enough to colonize a country in the midst of a region full of Islamic hatred: damning their descendants to live with the enmity forever after. :(

The British would never have been so stupid - which is why they colonized countries like mine. :lol:

Jim the Moron
Posts: 1781
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Israel

Post by Jim the Moron » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:45 pm

Precisely what country was it that that the Jews colonized?

Post Reply