Australian Minister explains where the HIGHEST gun deaths occurred…and it’s not in America

Discussion of current events
Milo

Re: Australian Minister explains where the HIGHEST gun deaths occurred…and it’s not in America

Post by Milo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:58 pm

Doc wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:10 pm
Forget about your internal partisan quibbles about gun ownership yanks!

Take another look at the position of the United States vis other countries with better gun controls in these two bar graphs:

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/society/be ... s/43573832
Error 404
Seems like your link got parsed by the forum softwar NF> Could you post it again?

The case in favour of the (so called) "constitutional right to own firearms" is indefensible.
That is what the British said in 1775
[/quote]

The 2nd Amendment wasn't until 1791.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_ ... nstitution

Doc

Re: Australian Minister explains where the HIGHEST gun deaths occurred…and it’s not in America

Post by Doc » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:10 am

Milo wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:58 pm
Doc wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:10 pm
Forget about your internal partisan quibbles about gun ownership yanks!

Take another look at the position of the United States vis other countries with better gun controls in these two bar graphs:

Error 404
Seems like your link got parsed by the forum softwar NF> Could you post it again?

The case in favour of the (so called) "constitutional right to own firearms" is indefensible.
That is what the British said in 1775
The 2nd Amendment wasn't until 1791.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_ ... nstitution
[/quote]

Really Milo? The bill of rights was was approved by the states in 1791 Introduced to make the constitution approvable by the states But of course you already knew that.
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” … George Orwell

neverfail

Re: Australian Member of parliament airs off his ignorence.

Post by neverfail » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:06 am

Will try again.

I hope that it works this time Milo.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:09 am

Just tested it. The link works at my end.

Milo

Re: Australian Member of parliament airs off his ignorence.

Post by Milo » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:53 am

neverfail wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:06 am
Will try again.

I hope that it works this time Milo.
Thai whole Swiss thing is such a canard from the gun nuts. The Swiss may and do own a lot of guns but much of that is due to them, ironically enough, ensuring their militia is well regulated, unlike America, whose 'militia' wouldn't be fit for a Sahel failed state.

Doc

Post by Doc » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:39 am

neverfail wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:09 am
Just tested it. The link works at my end.
Thanks NF LIke I said the forum software appears to have parsed the URL

Here is the key part:
However, as University of Lausanne criminology expert Martin Killias recently pointed out in the newspaper Le Temps, gun violence and gun ownership do not necessarily go hand in hand.

“What is decisive is not so much the number of weapons as the number of people who have access to a weapon,” he said. “Some people have real arsenals, but what really matters is access to at least one weapon."

The first paragraph supports the idea that "un violence and gun ownership do not necessarily go hand in hand."

In the second paragraph the information seems either incomplete or the person talking through their hat. "having access" has a fuzzy meaning
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” … George Orwell

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:49 pm

Doc wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:39 am

The first paragraph supports the idea that "un violence and gun ownership do not necessarily go hand in hand."

In the second paragraph the information seems either incomplete or the person talking through their hat. "having access" has a fuzzy meaning
Well, the meaning of the second paragraph seems clear to me doc.

Doc

Post by Doc » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:19 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:49 pm
Doc wrote:

Define "having access"

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:09 pm

Doc wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:19 pm
neverfail wrote:
Doc wrote:

Define "having access"
Sorry, can't help you Doc! Regret to inform you that I have had no previous training as a kindergarten teacher. :)

Doc

Post by Doc » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:57 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:09 pm
Doc wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:19 pm
neverfail wrote:
Doc wrote:

Define "having access"
Sorry, can't help you Doc! Regret to inform you that I have had no previous training as a kindergarten teacher. :)
Nor apparently any experience in kindergarten.

I originally made this point which you choose to ignore and divert from:

viewtopic.php?p=9729#p9729
All the gun control debate does is prevents real discussion about gun violence. Giving Drugs to kids that take away their empathy(Which BTW are sold by Big Pharma that buys the MSM news media by paying for advertisements), and huge schools where the kids are anonymous strangers. Plus anonymous social media and the break down of families. But no we can't talk about that because leftists want to ban guns.

Gun ownership has always been part of this country That is not what has changed. I am only interesting in talking about this based on cause not make believe.

For all others that just want to talk gun control as correlation this might interest you.