Finland trolls Russia with tractors

Discussion of current events
cassowary

Finland trolls Russia with tractors

Post by cassowary » Fri May 13, 2022 1:45 am

After Finland announced that it was going to apply for NATO membership, Russia responded by sending nuclear missiles to the border. Finland's response?

It sent 10 tractors to the border. Hahaha. Russia is becoming a joke.

Finnland mocks Russia by sending tractors to border.
The Imp :D

Sertorio

Re: Finland trolls Russia with tractors

Post by Sertorio » Fri May 13, 2022 2:33 am

cassowary wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 1:45 am
After Finland announced that it was going to apply for NATO membership, Russia responded by sending nuclear missiles to the border. Finland's response?

How much of a joke will it be when Helsinki becomes a potential target for Russian nuclear weapons? I'm sure most Finns will have a fit of laughter... Well, suicide impulses do exist...

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Fri May 13, 2022 4:02 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 2:33 am
cassowary wrote:

How much of a joke will it be when Helsinki becomes a potential target for Russian nuclear weapons? I'm sure most Finns will have a fit of laughter... Well, suicide impulses do exist...
Finns would know Russians well: along with how far they can push them. Their country is located cheek by jowl up against Russian territory - and they are not stupid (unlike certain Putin admirers in more distant locations :D )

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sat May 14, 2022 1:10 am

neverfail wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 4:02 pm
Sertorio wrote:
cassowary wrote:

Finns would know Russians well: along with how far they can push them. Their country is located cheek by jowl up against Russian territory - and they are not stupid (unlike certain Putin admirers in more distant locations :D )
They are not stupid? I wonder. Preferring being targeted by Russia to not being targeted seems pretty stupid to me...Or do they think that NATO would be able to prevent Russia overrunning Finland in case of war?... Some illusions can get you killed...

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sat May 14, 2022 1:26 am

Sertorio wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 1:10 am
neverfail wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 4:02 pm
Sertorio wrote:
cassowary wrote:

They are not stupid? I wonder. Preferring being targeted by Russia to not being targeted seems pretty stupid to me...Or do they think that NATO would be able to prevent Russia overrunning Finland in case of war?... Some illusions can get you killed...
The Russians seem to be having problems in Ukraine. So yes, I think NATO can stop Russia overrunning Finland.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sat May 14, 2022 3:18 am

Sertorio wrote:
UKRAINE was NOT a member of NATO and highly unlikely to join it anytime soon and over the years it has been targeted by Russia repeatedly; cumulating in the current invasion. So why should the Finns believe that their traditional neutrality any longer protects them from unwonted Russian aggression?

https://asiatimes.com/2022/05/finland-s ... ins-plans/

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sat May 14, 2022 6:52 am

neverfail wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 3:18 am
Sertorio wrote:
UKRAINE was NOT a member of NATO and highly unlikely to join it anytime soon and over the years it has been targeted by Russia repeatedly; cumulating in the current invasion. So why should the Finns believe that their traditional neutrality any longer protects them from unwonted Russian aggression?

What would be the purpose of attacking Finland?...

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sat May 14, 2022 7:57 am

Sertorio wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 6:52 am
neverfail wrote:
Sertorio wrote:

You never know with dictators. Russia attacked Finland in 1939.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sat May 14, 2022 10:32 am

cassowary wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 7:57 am
Sertorio wrote:
neverfail wrote:
Sertorio wrote:

Being a dictator doesn't mean being irrational. And not being a dictator doesn't mean being honest or intelligent...

Milo

Post by Milo » Sat May 14, 2022 10:41 am

Sertorio wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 10:32 am
cassowary wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 7:57 am
Sertorio wrote:
neverfail wrote:
Sertorio wrote:

Being a dictator doesn't mean being irrational. And not being a dictator doesn't mean being honest or intelligent...
Being a dictator means no checks on being irrational.