There is an 'increasing feeling' we are 'losing our democracy'

Doc

Post by Doc » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:43 am

“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Doc

Re: There is an 'increasing feeling' we are 'losing our democracy'

Post by Doc » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:42 am

Doc wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:43 am

“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:37 am

Doc wrote:

How can anyone watch even just the first thirty seconds of that and think that Fox News is journalism?
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac

Doc

Post by Doc » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:48 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:37 am
Doc wrote:

How can anyone watch even just the first thirty seconds of that and think that Fox News is journalism?
How is using reins (not whips) to try to control a situation created by Biden something Biden has even a right to criticize? How is what the border agents did wr0ng let alone "worst than slavery"?

Other than that Fox as well as all other cable news and large Newspaper outlet sdo not claim to be journalism. Fax "commentators" are the most open about it. For the NYT, CNN and MSNBC they have to be taken to court before they admit that.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:22 pm

Doc wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:48 am

How is using reins (not whips) to try to control a situation created by Biden something Biden has even a right to criticize? How is what the border agents did wr0ng let alone "worst than slavery"?
In your country whenever black people are involved in something like that somebody always seems to trot out a back-reference to "slavery". Will the USA never escape that?

Doc, my own country would not have accepted a swarm of undocumented immigrants like that attempting to push their way into our country either. We however are aided by our geography in repelling the would-be illegals. you can walk into the United States from either one of two possible directions but to get to Australia you normally need to cross a considerable stretch of salt water.

As I see it those mounted border guards were merely doing their duty and should not be blamed. But the way in which many in your country are presently treating them as patsys; the danger seems to be that in future it might weaken the resolve of border guards elsewhere along the US Mexico border to keep out illegals trying to cross. What is the point if they are going to be blamed instead of lauded for their efforts?

Created by Biden? How come? As I see it those Haitian's would not be trying to even enter the United States were it not for the fact that their home country, reeling from the compound catastrophes of natural disaster and political turmoil, has become unlivable to the point where if you were to send them back it would be like handing a lot of them a death sentance. They are hammering at the door of the United States because they have nowhere else to go. Surely, Biden is not to blame for the bad state that Haiti is in?

(p.s. On what grounds is Tulsi Gabbard alleging that America is "losing its democracy"?)

Doc

Post by Doc » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:24 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:22 pm
Doc wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:48 am

In your country whenever black people are involved in something like that somebody always seems to trot out a back-reference to "slavery". Will the USA never escape that?

Doc, my own country would not have accepted a swarm of undocumented immigrants like that attempting to push their way into our country either. We however are aided by our geography in repelling the would-be illegals. you can walk into the United States from either one of two possible directions but to get to Australia you normally need to cross a considerable stretch of salt water.

As I see it those mounted border guards were merely doing their duty and should not be blamed. But the way in which many in your country are presently treating them as patsys; the danger seems to be that in future it might weaken the resolve of border guards elsewhere along the US Mexico border to keep out illegals trying to cross. What is the point if they are going to be blamed instead of lauded for their efforts?
Police nation wide are quitting their jobs in the thousands.

Created by Biden? How come? As I see it those Haitian's would not be trying to even enter the United States were it not for the fact that their home country, reeling from the compound catastrophes of natural disaster and political turmoil, has become unlivable to the point where if you were to send them back it would be like handing a lot of them a death sentance. They are hammering at the door of the United States because they have nowhere else to go. Surely, Biden is not to blame for the bad state that Haiti is in?

(p.s. On what grounds is Tulsi Gabbard alleging that America is "losing its democracy"?)
Biden said he would no longer deport Haitians 10 days before 1,000s of Haitians showed up in Texas. Most already had refugee status in Latin America. Mostly in Brazil. Many were wearing plastic bracelets to show the Narco/Human Traffickers know that they were paid and so should be let through.

Losing democracy. There are now two sets of law in the US. One for people like Hillary or the extremely wealthy, or anyone that is on Team Dem and that the dems feel is important to them. Take Andrew Cuomo for example. HE killed 29,000 grandmas and grandpa by sending COVID positive people to NY Nursing homes. He lied about it. He falsely reported the numbers of dead. He even got an Emmy award for lying on TV. But that was apparently nothing compared to sexually harassing 11 women.

THe truth is that the Democrats gave a sign of relief that he was accused of Sexual misconduct because they never did have to talk about the 29,000 nursing home deaths. Cuomo must have been relieved as well since he now probably will not be facing 29,000 counts of manslaughter

Milo

Post by Milo » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:27 pm

Could Tulsi's video have anything to do with her pathetic run for President? I think so.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:12 am

Doc wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:24 pm
Biden said he would no longer deport Haitians 10 days before 1,000s of Haitians showed up in Texas. Most already had refugee status in Latin America. Mostly in Brazil. Many were wearing plastic bracelets to show the Narco/Human Traffickers know that they were paid and so should be let through.
So that's it!

Biden was very rash to say that. It reminds me of that time in 2008 here in Australia after Kevin Rudd won the election for our Labor Party that year. He similarly made a concilitary sttement to please the human rights advocates in his support base - and the people smugglers of Asia heard that as a sign of weakness. Our former Prime Minister who Rudd had replace had maintained a hard line against illegal immigration and it had worked. This country had not been visited by a single boat laden with (paying) refuges for years but after Rudd's statement they swarmed out of Indonesia towards our coastline

Rudd had no more desire to preside over such an influx that his predecessor in office. He was apparently taken by surprise by it. Because the illegals had not been arriving for years he must have drawn the false assumption that no more wanted to - so it was now time for his to ease up in order to burnish his public image.

It does not always pay a person in politics to try to have his cake while eating it.

Could Biden have been as dumb as Rudd? It seems he may have been.

Doc

Post by Doc » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:54 am

neverfail wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:12 am
Doc wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:24 pm
So that's it!

Biden was very rash to say that. It reminds me of that time in 2008 here in Australia after Kevin Rudd won the election for our Labor Party that year. He similarly made a concilitary sttement to please the human rights advocates in his support base - and the people smugglers of Asia heard that as a sign of weakness. Our former Prime Minister who Rudd had replace had maintained a hard line against illegal immigration and it had worked. This country had not been visited by a single boat laden with (paying) refuges for years but after Rudd's statement they swarmed out of Indonesia towards our coastline

Rudd had no more desire to preside over such an influx that his predecessor in office. He was apparently taken by surprise by it. Because the illegals had not been arriving for years he must have drawn the false assumption that no more wanted to - so it was now time for his to ease up in order to burnish his public image.

It does not always pay a person in politics to try to have his cake while eating it.

Could Biden have been as dumb as Rudd? It seems he may have been.
Biden last week was saying that he was deporting the Haitians. Turns out he was just releasing them into the US. 12,000 of the 15,000. Not sure what happened to the other 3,000 as well. SO in about 10 days look for more crowds at the border.

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:04 am

neverfail wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:22 pm
swarm of undocumented immigrants
Oh for goodness sake, this is not a "swarm", both in the sense that these are human beings, not insects, and in the sense that 10,000 is fewer people than Ellis Island used to be able to process in a single day. There are a third of a billion people in the U.S. These numbers are inconsequential, that we're even discussing it is the triumph of media hype.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac