SpaceX

Look At Those Cave Men Go
Doc

Re: SpaceX

Post by Doc » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:18 am

Watch it live: ~~15 minutes to obsolescence of every space rocket launch system in the world (If it works)

“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:39 pm

Doc wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:18 am
Watch it live: ~~15 minutes to obsolescence of every space rocket launch system in the world (If it works)

Aborted. Next attempt at 5:30 US eastern time
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Doc

Re: SpaceX SN10 test launch in ~15 minutes

Post by Doc » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:08 am

SpaceX SN10 test launch in ~15 minutes

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:17 pm

SpaceX successfully completes first flight and landing then successful turn around for next launch:

lzzrdgrrl

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:38 pm

Still more successful than the previous norm where everything is discarded by default.....'>....
I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

Doc

Post by Doc » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:35 am

lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:38 pm
Still more successful than the previous norm where everything is discarded by default.....'>....
Yeah it was more successful. Apparently the landing legs did not fully deploy. The legs were already being redesigned as insufficient to do the job consistently. Then there seems to have been a large Methane leak before landing, and they still managed to land it.

SN10 being one out of ten a prototypes that will be flown, SpaceX has already learned a great deal. Elevating 16 story buildings Kilometers up in the sky and setting them down again is not an easy task. But they did it. Four hours later they launched a separate Starlink mission successfully. Last November they completed their hundredth successful launch and are now the leading launcher of space rockets in the world bar none.

I still remember watching John Glenn going into orbit. I wish I was young again. Like the little guy in front of the TV. Like I was back then.

But at least I can try to point the way to the ones that are. Though after all these years, some are already there.