Jordan Peterson, the Sacred, and the Therapeutic......

lzzrdgrrl

Jordan Peterson, the Sacred, and the Therapeutic......

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:28 pm

Posted by no one in particular.....;P..........
Therein, I think, lies Dr. Peterson's great appeal. The four-fifths of Americans who think that PC has gone too far do not want to undo the great cultural transformation of the past half-century, which has placed self-esteem at the center of human concerns at the expense of traditional virtues. We no longer wish to do what is good and upright in the eyes of God; who does this God think He is, sitting in judgment over us? We want to be our own little gods and make ourselves into whatever we would like to be. We have, as Justice Kennedy wrote in the Obergefell decision, a right "to define and express [our] identity." That is the purpose of therapy, which asserts that healing comes from within, that man is the measure of all things, and our own sense of self-esteem and well-being is the gauge against which our behavior must be measured.
https://pjmedia.com/spengler/jordan-pet ... erapeutic/
I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

lzzrdgrrl

Re: Jordan Peterson, the Sacred, and the Therapeutic......

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:48 am

Doc

Post by Doc » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:54 am

lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:28 pm
Posted by no one in particular.....;P..........
Therein, I think, lies Dr. Peterson's great appeal. The four-fifths of Americans who think that PC has gone too far do not want to undo the great cultural transformation of the past half-century, which has placed self-esteem at the center of human concerns at the expense of traditional virtues. We no longer wish to do what is good and upright in the eyes of God; who does this God think He is, sitting in judgment over us? We want to be our own little gods and make ourselves into whatever we w'ould like to be. We have, as Justice Kennedy wrote in the Obergefell decision, a right "to define and express [our] identity." That is the purpose of therapy, which asserts that healing comes from within, that man is the measure of all things, and our own sense of self-esteem and well-being is the gauge against which our behavior must be measured.
https://pjmedia.com/spengler/jordan-pet ... erapeutic/
"We want to be our own little gods and make ourselves into whatever we would like to be."

It strikes me that what is being manipulated by Political Correctness is the sense of politeness. Those manipulating it have turned it into a witch hunt
by people motivated exactly as David states above. Anyone not being polite (enough) is a "witch" Anyone that was never a victim of (fill in the blank) is a potential witch that has witch privilege and need to be constantly reminded of their witch priviledge.

You better not pout you better not cry you better be polite, I'm telling you why
Political Correctness is coming around.

It knows what you've been thinking. It knows what it is you said. It knows when you have been racist or not.
Even inside your head.
So for sure you better dread.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

lzzrdgrrl

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:23 pm

Eviscerate the shell of social norms to subvert the culture that invented them. There was a guy that came up with that....... oh, yeah.......him.......

The sort of parasite that would invade the body of a culture to destroy it from within can do it when the connective tissue which is the body of meaning, stories and wisdom that define that culture; is weak. Jordan Peterson, along with Vervaeke, Pageau, VanderKlay and others, are working as antibodies to restore the tissue health of a culture, so it can fight off the opportunistic infection as symbolised by the hard left and survive.........