Grampy, why are you hiding in that closet??.....

lzzrdgrrl

Grampy, why are you hiding in that closet??.....

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Wed May 23, 2018 9:33 am

I was just too Jung to realise how I was so savagely manipulated but now I know.....'>....:
I had the privilege to review Crews' book in the current issue of conservatism's premier intellectual journal, the Claremont Review of Books. "A generation ago one could speak of America as a therapeutic society. Today we resemble a gigantic asylum," I concluded. CRB relies on subscriptions (so please subscribe!) but the editors have generously unlocked my review.
https://pjmedia.com/spengler/the-freud- ... rrectness/

https://www.claremont.org/crb/article/t ... happiness/
I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

lzzrdgrrl

Re: Grampy, why are you hiding in that closet??.....

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Mon May 28, 2018 10:30 pm

Say, David Goldman isn't pessimistic enough for you? I introduce to you Chris Ladd writing for Forbes.com:
On closer examination, America seems to be following behind Europe on the same path toward religious decline. The thundering roar of politicized Bible-thumping may be drowning out the patter of footsteps leaving the pews. “Evangelical” influence in our politics seems to have concealed the broader decline of traditional religious institutions. Our diminishing investment in social capital has eroded the power away from all our traditional institutions, from churches to social clubs to political parties and beyond. Organized religion has not been spared.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrisladd/ ... f75974489c

But..... pitch this to embryonic congregations of the pyscho-mythological Christianity of Jordan B. Peterson:
America seems unlikely to suffer as much pain from the decline of organized religion as Middle Eastern countries, but we seem unwilling to give up that “olde tyme religion” as gracefully as the Europeans. One day the dominant branches of Christianity in America may be as philosophical in outlook and unsuperstitious in belief as the bulk of Western Judaism. Mainline Protestant denominations are, for the most part, already on their way toward this end. Catholicism may not be far behind.

Religion will not simply fade away. It seems to be wired into the fabric of our existence. In the absence of some organized form, we will construct it out of whatever spare parts we can find.

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Wed May 30, 2018 8:29 am

“Evangelical” influence in our politics seems to have concealed the broader decline of traditional religious institutions.
I'm glad he used scare quotes, because the fervent support of Donald Trump by that particular cultural group demonstrates that the tenets of their religion are far less important to them than that political influence.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Wed May 30, 2018 9:19 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 8:29 am
“Evangelical” influence in our politics seems to have concealed the broader decline of traditional religious institutions.
I'm glad he used scare quotes, because the fervent support of Donald Trump by that particular cultural group demonstrates that the tenets of their religion are far less important to them than that political influence.
Say, what? The masses of evangelicals are much more concerned with "the tenets of their religion" than are they concerned about politics. Sure, some leadership directs them towards particular candidates, and they might vote like sheep, but in general religion is primary with them.

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed May 30, 2018 2:52 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 8:29 am
Its called: "bake me a gay wedding cake as fast as you can"

Next up: "Bake me a gay Jesus wedding cake as fast as you can"
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

lzzrdgrrl

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:45 pm

Doc wrote:Its called: "bake me a gay wedding cake as fast as you can"

Next up: "Bake me a gay Jesus wedding cake as fast as you can"
Next up::::.......

So...... urgh...... being 'flamboyant' means having absolutely no taste???.......:
On the very day the Supreme Court decided to hear Masterpiece Cakeshop (June 26, 2017), a caller asked the bakery to make a cake with a pink inside and a blue outside, celebrating a gender transition from male to female. The shop politely declined, but Phillips believes that the same lawyer, on other occasions, requested that he create other custom cakes with messages that violate his faith — a cake celebrating Satan and a cake with Satanic symbols. The lawyer, a man identifying as a woman, goes by the name Autumn Scardina.
https://pjmedia.com/faith/christian-bak ... court-win/