Syriously, Turkey has goosed the USA.

neverfail

Syriously, Turkey has goosed the USA.

Post by neverfail » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:20 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.atimes.com/article/americas- ... rse-looks/

America’s Syrian humiliation is worse than it looks says our David.

(quote from Syed Abbas in Forum:) "
China with over $4 Trillion cash horde can outdo USA with $20 Trillion debt any day.

(Thus has a contributing poster pinpointed how and why Chinese soft power has now eclipsed and superseded once ubiquitous American soft power). :D

neverfail

Re: Syriously, Turkey has goosed the USA.

Post by neverfail » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:23 pm

I get the impression that whereas China has a long term set of foreign policy goals which it is pursuing bit by bit as opportunity permits, US foreign policy seems intent only on clinging to past glories.

1. India is the only potential great rival to India in Asia. With Pakistan as an ally and likely to become increasingly a Sino dependency; China which holds the high ground of the Tibetan plateau due north of India's Ganges basin heartland, seems to hold the Indian subcontinent in a geostrategic pincer.

2. Forget about the South China Sea. China now holds those formerly disputed reefs and islets and will never be removed from them. The adjacent littoral states are now potentially in thrall to the colossus to their north.

3. The silk road web of trade alliances and infrastructure projects are likely to bring much of Eurasia into the Chinese commercial and strategic web.

Turkey fits nicely into the silk route web. So does Iran!

And so on!

Doc

Post by Doc » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:34 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:23 pm
I get the impression that whereas China has a long term set of foreign policy goals which it is pursuing bit by bit as opportunity permits, US foreign policy seems intent only on clinging to past glories.

1. India is the only potential great rival to India in Asia. With Pakistan as an ally and likely to become increasingly a Sino dependency; China which holds the high ground of the Tibetan plateau due north of India's Ganges basin heartland, seems to hold the Indian subcontinent in a geostrategic pincer.

2. Forget about the South China Sea. China now holds those formerly disputed reefs and islets and will never be removed from them. The adjacent littoral states are now potentially in thrall to the colossus to their north.

3. The silk road web of trade alliances and infrastructure projects are likely to bring much of Eurasia into the Chinese commercial and strategic web.

And so on!
Taliban camps in Pakistan will be attacked within a year.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:26 am

Doc wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:34 pm
neverfail wrote:

And so on!
By whom?

Doc

Post by Doc » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:47 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:26 am
Doc wrote:
neverfail wrote:

And so on!
By whom?
By the pakistani government or the US Though if the US does it Pakistan will pre-pay for it.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:54 pm

Doc wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:47 pm
neverfail wrote:
Doc wrote:
neverfail wrote:

And so on!
By whom?
By the pakistani government or the US Though if the US does it Pakistan will pre-pay for it.
The Talibs had their stronghold in the mountainous tribal area along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border. The Pakistan armed forces made a big foray into that unconquerable region a few years ago yet it seems to have achieved nothing other than to cause the Taliban to lay low until it was all over - then return and resume business as usual.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-paki ... edType=RSS

If they need to invade the same area again it implies that the earlier campaign failed in its objective of removing the Taliban.

In any case it will not alter Pakistan's close collaboration with the PRC - which seems to not care less about the Taliban.

Doc

Post by Doc » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:23 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:54 pm
Doc wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:47 pm
neverfail wrote:
Doc wrote:
neverfail wrote:

And so on!
By whom?
The Talibs had their stronghold in the mountainous tribal area along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border. The Pakistan armed forces made a big foray into that unconquerable region a few years ago yet it seems to have achieved nothing other than to cause the Taliban to lay low until it was all over - then return and resume business as usual.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-paki ... edType=RSS

If they need to invade the same area again it implies that the earlier campaign failed in its objective of removing the Taliban.

In any case it will not alter Pakistan's close collaboration with the PRC - which seems to not care less about the Taliban.
The Pakistan government did not intend accomplish anything in the tribal areas. Bin Laden was a few hundred feet from the Pakistan military academy for years and did nothing about it. That say more about how the Pakistan feels about radical Islam than anything else.

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:38 pm

Doc wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:23 pm
The Pakistan government did not intend accomplish anything in the tribal areas. Bin Laden was a few hundred feet from the Pakistan military academy for years and did nothing about it. That say more about how the Pakistan feels about radical Islam than anything else.
Agreed.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:18 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:38 pm
Doc wrote:
Agreed.
Not Pakistan (the nation) so much as their military intelligence: which functions like a state within a state - a law unto itself. If you could visualise the CIA running the United States making your elected government irrelevant?

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:43 am

neverfail wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:18 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:38 pm
Doc wrote:
Agreed.
Not Pakistan (the nation) so much as their military intelligence: which functions like a state within a state - a law unto itself. If you could visualise the CIA running the United States making your elected government irrelevant?
Well, it's not "my" government, but yes, I can visualise that easily, since I don't really see that as far from the actual situation.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac