American democracy died on Capitol Hill....

Milo

Re: American democracy died on Capitol Hill....

Post by Milo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:22 am

After making no credible effort to regulate big tech when they were in power. Republicans blame big tech for their election loss.

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:35 am

Milo wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:22 am
After making no credible effort to regulate big tech when they were in power. Republicans blame big tech for their election loss.
Should read: After Big Tech pumped billions into the Democrat Party in money and in kind donations the Democrats successfully obstructed Big Tech Regulation.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Milo

Post by Milo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:50 am

Doc wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:35 am
Milo wrote:
Should read: After Big Tech pumped billions into the Democrat Party in money and in kind donations the Democrats successfully obstructed Big Tech Regulation.
Well that's the way the cookie crumbles. This is all Republicans aping their spoiled brat leader.

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:01 am

Milo wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:50 am
Doc wrote:
Milo wrote:
Well that's the way the cookie crumbles. This is all Republicans aping their spoiled brat leader.
I am not a republican. Neither is this guy:

Neither is this guy:

“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Milo

Post by Milo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:10 am

Doc wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:01 am
Milo wrote:
Doc wrote:
Milo wrote:

Neither is this guy:

Your favourite argument, a random guy on YouTube said it!

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:50 am

Milo wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:10 am
Doc wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:01 am
Milo wrote:
Doc wrote:
Milo wrote:

Neither is this guy:

Your favourite argument, a random guy on YouTube said it!
Your favorite argument -- "You are a republican" even though I have said otherwise a few times now. Certainly the president of grandad isn't a Republican and I am sure styxhexenhammer666 isn't a bible thumping republican either. SO your point is?

neverfail

Re: The good old American way?

Post by neverfail » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:45 pm

Doc wrote:
Milo wrote:
Typical of how corporate business interests (big money) routinely employ "donations" :lol: to manipulate party politics for the sake of lucrative rent seeking.

I will wager that the Republicans by now regret only that they could not attract the largesse of Big Tech before the Democrats could get their hands on all of that dirty lucre.

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:53 pm

neverfail wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:45 pm
Doc wrote:
Milo wrote:
Typical of how corporate business interests (big money) routinely employ "donations" :lol: to manipulate party politics for the sake of lucrative rent seeking.

I will wager that the Republicans by now regret only that they could not attract the largesse of Big Tech before the Democrats could get their hands on all of that dirty lucre.
The Big Tech Tyrants are very much on the left. In the Same way that Bernie Sanders used to say he was against "the Millionaires and the Billionaires.
Now that he is a millionaire ha has shortened his refrain to being against "The billionaires"

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:02 pm

Doc wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:53 pm

The Big Tech Tyrants are very much on the left. In the Same way that Bernie Sanders used to say he was against "the Millionaires and the Billionaires.
I disagree Doc. I believe that the Big Tech "tyrants" would above all else be for the best interests (re. profitability) of the corporations they head and ideaology be danmed!

Now that he is a millionaire ha has shortened his refrain to being against "The billionaires"

German cars are usually well made and a pleasure to drive. I am not a multi-millionaire yet I drive around in a BMW.

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:28 pm

neverfail wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:02 pm
Doc wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:53 pm

I disagree Doc. I believe that the Big Tech "tyrants" would above all else be for the best interests (re. profitability) of the corporations they head and ideaology be danmed!
Where the ideology meets the road:

German cars are usually well made and a pleasure to drive. I am not a multi-millionaire yet I drive around in a BMW.
In your 70's?