American democracy died on Capitol Hill....

neverfail

Re: The good old American way?

Post by neverfail » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:21 am

Doc wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:28 pm
In your 70's?
:D Why not? No law against it!

Doc

Post by Doc » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:52 am

neverfail wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:21 am
Doc wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:28 pm
In your 70's?
:D Why not? No law against it!
I have to admit in my 70's But I can see them from here. I bought a sports sedan unintentionally (really) It was on sale and I had the money burning my pocket. Not an Audi mine you. Just a sport sedan. A few days after I bought it I realized not only was it Constant variable transmission but it was set up to shift manually through 8 "gears". Then I noticed the paddle shifters on the steering column. Then I notice the button on the center console that said "Sports mode" I would guess that pushing that button ads about 30% more torque when accelerating. You can definitely feel the difference.I actually bought the car for my wife to drive to work daily. She had a gas guzzler that was costing $30 a day to commute to work.

Anyway she decided to drive her SUV because she felt safer after being rear ended twice in the last 5 years on the highway. Then COViD hit and the commute is now reduced from the bedroom to the dinning room and I have to keep reminding her she will be late for work if she doesn't get going. . . Though I have to admit that I don't mind suffering the amount of fun I have driving my car. :D
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Milo

Post by Milo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:30 am

neverfail wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:02 pm
Doc wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:53 pm

The Big Tech Tyrants are very much on the left. In the Same way that Bernie Sanders used to say he was against "the Millionaires and the Billionaires.
I disagree Doc. I believe that the Big Tech "tyrants" would above all else be for the best interests (re. profitability) of the corporations they head and ideaology be danmed!
Doc believes in his Trump God, who is infallible.

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:10 am

Milo wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:30 am
neverfail wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:02 pm
Doc wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:53 pm

The Big Tech Tyrants are very much on the left. In the Same way that Bernie Sanders used to say he was against "the Millionaires and the Billionaires.
I disagree Doc. I believe that the Big Tech "tyrants" would above all else be for the best interests (re. profitability) of the corporations they head and ideaology be danmed!
Doc believes in his Trump God, who is infallible.
Milo believes in his left wing god "Common Good" That would seem to be the same ole same ole god "common good" of authoritarians of the past.

https://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/ ... points.htm
COMMON GOOD BEFORE INDIVIDUAL GOOD
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

lzzrdgrrl

Re: American democracy died on Capitol Hill....

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:55 am

Eric's mic keeps blowing out but try and stick with it. The topic is can Eric Weinstein get through to Glenn Beck and do we even understand what America actually is, let alone save it?.........

I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........