Trump takes a calculated risk

Milo

Re: Trump takes a calculated risk

Post by Milo » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:06 am

cassowary wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:42 am
Bottom line is Trump gambled and won.
This is a small victory, still it's good for this that America has a thug in charge, it's what the Muslim world understands.

Collingwood

Post by Collingwood » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:24 pm

"Most of the great wars of the past would have been far less bloody had they begun sooner."

Ah, that's me old grog! Our instability-peddler's the original alt-right neo-reactionary. Bannon, Cummings, Anton -- they're all johnie-come-latelies. Mere post-ninepins newbies!

-- Collingwood

neverfail

Re: Hey (knock, knock knock). Wake up!

Post by neverfail » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:47 pm

Milo wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:06 am
cassowary wrote:
This is a small victory, still it's good for this that America has a thug in charge, it's what the Muslim world understands.
The PR victory was won by the Islamic Republic. By such a measured response to the US provocation they established for themselves the worldwide image of peacemaker and by comparison left the US with that of aggressor.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:31 am

neverfail wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:47 pm
Milo wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:06 am
cassowary wrote:
The PR victory was won by the Islamic Republic. By such a measured response to the US provocation they established for themselves the worldwide image of peacemaker and by comparison left the US with that of aggressor.
Strange, I didn’t get the impression that Iran is a peacemaker. Instead I thought they were intimidated and looked weak in their feeble response.

How did you get that impression that Iran is a peacemaker? Was it their recent Attack on the Saudi refinery? Or their Attack on the US embassy? Very peaceful activities.
The Imp :D

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:07 am

cassowary wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:31 am
How did you get that impression that Iran is a peacemaker?
I am talking about the GLOBAL IMAGE Iran created for itself - not MY impression (in case you are too dim to make the fine distinction).

The US murdered an Iranian national hero (having first allegedly lured him to Baghdad on a peace mission, the low scoundrels) and instead of tit-for-tat murdering Americans in revenge they passed on due warning of their coming missile attack so US personnel could take to the bomb proof bunkers. That takes forbearance and courage. Nothing feeble about that - considering that back in Iran the crowds were howling for their government to exact bloody vengeance on the Yanks for the outrage.

But I suppose you would have preferred them to have instead killed those Americans in order to sustain your prejudice that all Muslims are bad? :evil:

Think about it!

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:58 am

Of course cass doesn't believe that all Muslims are bad. Tiresome straw man rhetoric.

Folks fond of living in civilized societies quite naturally oppose Muslim terrorists and their creepy clergy.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:23 am

neverfail wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:07 am
cassowary wrote:
I am talking about the GLOBAL IMAGE Iran created for itself - not MY impression (in case you are too dim to make the fine distinction).

The US murdered an Iranian national hero (having first allegedly lured him to Baghdad on a peace mission, the low scoundrels) and instead of tit-for-tat murdering Americans in revenge they passed on due warning of their coming missile attack so US personnel could take to the bomb proof bunkers. That takes forbearance and courage. Nothing feeble about that - considering that back in Iran the crowds were howling for their government to exact bloody vengeance on the Yanks for the outrage.

But I suppose you would have preferred them to have instead killed those Americans in order to sustain your prejudice that all Muslims are bad? :evil:

Think about it!
Did they warn the dead contractor before the rocket Attack? I think they were scared of what Trump might do if anybody died. They fired their rockets without the intention of killing anyone.

The Americans did not lure him into Iraq. At most it was the Saudis who wanted to meet him. You don’t like to admit a US victory.
The Imp :D

dagbay

Post by dagbay » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:48 am

cassowary wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:23 am
neverfail wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:07 am
cassowary wrote:

Think about it!
Did they warn the dead contractor before the rocket Attack? I think they were scared of what Trump might do if anybody died. They fired their rockets without the intention of killing anyone.

The Americans did not lure him into Iraq. At most it was the Saudis who wanted to meet him. You don’t like to admit a US victory.
All regimes perform certain actions for propaganda aimed at their citizens. Muslim regimes have a long history of staging attacks for interior face saving propaganda and lying about the success of those attacks to their people. The lies usually become obvious very quickly thereafter but it seems to be a knee jerk (cultural?) need to make these save face and bombastic claims in spite of that.
I'd rather be diving or flying alas for now I am on terra firma.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:22 pm

cassowary wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:23 am
You don’t like to admit a US victory.
I don't mind as long as their is a victory to acknowledge. There is not one here.

neverfail

Re: propaganda "shock and awe".

Post by neverfail » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:27 pm

dagbay wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:48 am
All regimes perform certain actions for propaganda aimed at their citizens.
Not least among them US governments - who stage foreign invasions and assassination-murders abroad to entertain all of the bloodthirsty armchair warriors in the United States whose electoral support they want to enlist.