Whatever happened to Trump's 4% annual growth rate?

neverfail

Whatever happened to Trump's 4% annual growth rate?

Post by neverfail » Fri May 24, 2019 2:45 am

The Atlanta FED seems to be saying "gone with the Wind!"
Trump ignores macro cracks as trade tensions flare

President Trump has said repeatedly that the United States economy is doing well while China’s is doing badly. “Our economy is as good as it’s ever been, perhaps better than it’s ever been,” the president said on Thursday.

That isn’t quite true. Stripped of fluff, the 3.2% preliminary reading for first-quarter US GDP growth sinks to less than 1%, as I reported April 28. The Atlanta Federal Reserve’s GDPNow model projects second-quarter growth of just 1.2%.

https://www.asiatimes.com/2019/05/artic ... ons-flare/

Mr. Perfect

Re: Whatever happened to Trump's 4% annual growth rate?

Post by Mr. Perfect » Fri May 24, 2019 8:17 am

Lol more fake news.

Doc

Re: Whatever happened to Obana's never over 2% annual growth rate?

Post by Doc » Fri May 24, 2019 12:32 pm

neverfail wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 2:45 am

President Trump has said repeatedly that the United States economy is doing well while China’s is doing badly. “Our economy is as good as it’s ever been, perhaps better than it’s ever been,” the president said on Thursday.

That isn’t quite true. Stripped of fluff, the 3.2% preliminary reading for first-quarter US GDP growth sinks to less than 1%, as I reported April 28. The Atlanta Federal Reserve’s GDPNow model projects second-quarter growth of just 1.2%.

Obama stated that we would never see a growth rate over 2% again. "What Happen?" is Hillary lost and Trump won
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

neverfail

Re: Whatever happened to Obana's never over 2% annual growth rate?

Post by neverfail » Sat May 25, 2019 12:05 am

Doc wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 12:32 pm
neverfail wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 2:45 am

Obama stated that we would never see a growth rate over 2% again. "What Happen?" is Hillary lost and Trump won
Well, of course we do not know what may have happened has Hillary won and as of now I do not care; as you point out she lost. Between you and me though the lady's nous in matters economic did not impress me either. Nor did her record as Secretary for State in foreign affairs.

A one year fillip of 4% economic growth is nothing if not sustainable. When some administration can match the US economic growth rate of average 6% p.a. over the 8 years of JFK - LBJ in the 1960's I will then be suitably impressed.