Trump employment boom, Trump manufacturing bust

Mr. Perfect
Posts: 1042
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:24 pm

Re: Trump employment boom, Trump manufacturing bust

Post by Mr. Perfect » Tue May 07, 2019 5:15 pm

neverfail wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 5:57 pm
SteveFoerster wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 12:03 pm
"I took a lot of finance courses at Wharton. First they taught you all the rules and regulations. Then they taught you that those rules and regulations are really meant to be broken." - Donald Trump
If that's what they taught him that's what they taught him. I've heard the same myself.
If Trump (his own words - he even boasted about it) was that unconscionable in business then you can count on this man being every bit as untrustworthy in government.
You are lying again.

Mr. Perfect
Posts: 1042
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:24 pm

Re: Trump employment boom, Trump manufacturing bust

Post by Mr. Perfect » Tue May 07, 2019 5:21 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:59 pm
Decade in the Red: Trump Tax Figures Show Over $1 Billion in Business Losses
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... taxes.html

I was going to joke that I'll leave the analysis of this to those around here who have ever built a skyscraper or owned an airliner, but I have to admit that I'm curious how much of this may actually have been clever tax avoidance rather than actual losses.
Another symptom on TDS is not being able to understand what net worth is. Net worth is when you combine your losses with your gains, hence the word "net".

For example if you lose a billion dollars on one deal but make 2 billion on another then you have a net worth of 1 billion.

I think little kids can understand that, but for those with TDS it's one of the first things to go.

Donald Trump lost his way to owning his own 757.

Here is how real estate investors write off "losses". Granted little kids won't understand it, but hopefully anyone who has ever paid rent will.


User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 2060
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Northern Virginia, USA and Dominica, West Indies
Contact:

Re: Trump employment boom, Trump manufacturing bust

Post by SteveFoerster » Tue May 07, 2019 5:42 pm

Hence my comment, "I'm curious how much of this may actually have been clever tax avoidance rather than actual losses."

(Unless your point was that the writers at the New York Times have TDS, in which case I'm not going to argue.)
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

neverfail
Posts: 4750
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Trump employment boom, Trump manufacturing bust

Post by neverfail » Tue May 07, 2019 6:35 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:59 pm
Decade in the Red: Trump Tax Figures Show Over $1 Billion in Business Losses
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... taxes.html

I was going to joke that I'll leave the analysis of this to those around here who have ever built a skyscraper or owned an airliner,......
:lol: Such as a certain interjector on this website we all know and love?
SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:59 pm
....... but I have to admit that I'm curious how much of this may actually have been clever tax avoidance rather than actual losses.
The same fool seems to regard this propensity to cheat as a positive virtue. :)

Mr. Perfect
Posts: 1042
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:24 pm

Re: Trump employment boom, Trump manufacturing bust

Post by Mr. Perfect » Tue May 07, 2019 9:57 pm

neverfail wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 6:35 pm
SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:59 pm
Decade in the Red: Trump Tax Figures Show Over $1 Billion in Business Losses
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... taxes.html

I was going to joke that I'll leave the analysis of this to those around here who have ever built a skyscraper or owned an airliner,......
:lol: Such as a certain interjector on this website we all know and love?
SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:59 pm
....... but I have to admit that I'm curious how much of this may actually have been clever tax avoidance rather than actual losses.
The same fool seems to regard this propensity to cheat as a positive virtue. :)
Following the laws is not cheating. I think you are bad at thinking.

Mr. Perfect
Posts: 1042
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:24 pm

Re: Trump employment boom, Trump manufacturing bust

Post by Mr. Perfect » Tue May 07, 2019 10:05 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 5:42 pm
Hence my comment, "I'm curious how much of this may actually have been clever tax avoidance rather than actual losses."

(Unless your point was that the writers at the New York Times have TDS, in which case I'm not going to argue.)
In this case I'm fascinated at how stupid the NYT is. Trump's business missteps in this period played out loudly in both the financial press and tabloids in the day, as was his record setting comeback. The NYT who actually covered the stories at the time is presenting this as new information. It defies explanation. There is no story here. TDS is the only explanation.

Mr. Perfect
Posts: 1042
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:24 pm

Re: Trump employment boom, Trump manufacturing bust

Post by Mr. Perfect » Wed May 08, 2019 4:01 pm

Here is Donald Trump discussing this years ago, it's very old news everyone knew about that he discussed openly. Liberals and Democrats are seriously stupid people.


Mr. Perfect
Posts: 1042
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:24 pm

Re: Trump employment boom, Trump manufacturing bust

Post by Mr. Perfect » Wed May 08, 2019 4:24 pm

Here is the NYT hailing Trump as a comeback success. The NYT is now peopled with real morons.

https://www.nytimes.com/1995/10/25/nyre ... -king.html
Though there are still four years to go in the 90's, business and government leaders in New York honored Donald J. Trump yesterday for pulling off what they called "the comeback of the decade."

Mr. Trump, the developer who came to epitomize opulent wealth during the 80's before tumbling into deep financial trouble, has managed to erase much of his debt and is moving ahead with major projects at a time other developers are idling.

neverfail
Posts: 4750
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Trump employment boom, Trump manufacturing bust

Post by neverfail » Wed May 08, 2019 5:35 pm

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 9:57 pm
neverfail wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 6:35 pm
SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:59 pm
Decade in the Red: Trump Tax Figures Show Over $1 Billion in Business Losses
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... taxes.html

I was going to joke that I'll leave the analysis of this to those around here who have ever built a skyscraper or owned an airliner,......
:lol: Such as a certain interjector on this website we all know and love?
SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:59 pm
....... but I have to admit that I'm curious how much of this may actually have been clever tax avoidance rather than actual losses.
The same fool seems to regard this propensity to cheat as a positive virtue. :)
Following the laws is not cheating. I think you are bad at thinking.
:o Oh, but I did not name you as the fool in my previous post. Do you have a troubled conscience MP? :)

Mr. Perfect
Posts: 1042
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:24 pm

Re: Trump employment boom, Trump manufacturing bust

Post by Mr. Perfect » Wed May 08, 2019 8:21 pm

neverfail wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:35 pm
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 9:57 pm
neverfail wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 6:35 pm
SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:59 pm
Decade in the Red: Trump Tax Figures Show Over $1 Billion in Business Losses
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... taxes.html

I was going to joke that I'll leave the analysis of this to those around here who have ever built a skyscraper or owned an airliner,......
:lol: Such as a certain interjector on this website we all know and love?
SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:59 pm
....... but I have to admit that I'm curious how much of this may actually have been clever tax avoidance rather than actual losses.
The same fool seems to regard this propensity to cheat as a positive virtue. :)
Following the laws is not cheating. I think you are bad at thinking.
:o Oh, but I did not name you as the fool in my previous post. Do you have a troubled conscience MP? :)
No, Trump followed the tax laws, what does that have to do with me.

I think you are bad at thinking and reading.

Post Reply