You pick your heroes from the list available, not the ones you want most......

lzzrdgrrl

You pick your heroes from the list available, not the ones you want most......

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:39 pm

The Problem:
The four-fifths of Americans who think that PC has gone too far do not want to undo the great cultural transformation of the past half-century, which has placed self-esteem at the center of human concerns at the expense of traditional virtues. We no longer wish to do what is good and upright in the eyes of God; who does this God think He is, sitting in judgment over us? We want to be our own little gods and make ourselves into whatever we would like to be. We have, as Justice Kennedy wrote in the Obergefell decision, a right "to define and express [our] identity." That is the purpose of therapy, which asserts that healing comes from within, that man is the measure of all things, and our own sense of self-esteem and well-being is the gauge against which our behavior must be measured.
https://pjmedia.com/spengler/jordan-pet ... erapeutic/

But what do we do about it? There's a spate of world champions criticising JBP, but the important thing I can see is that he breached the front line of the world destroyers and rather than picking apart the phenomenon doing it - take advantage of it......'>.......
I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

Doc

Re: You pick your heroes from the list available, not the ones you want most......

Post by Doc » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:15 am

lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:39 pm
The Problem:
The four-fifths of Americans who think that PC has gone too far do not want to undo the great cultural transformation of the past half-century, which has placed self-esteem at the center of human concerns at the expense of traditional virtues. We no longer wish to do what is good and upright in the eyes of God; who does this God think He is, sitting in judgment over us? We want to be our own little gods and make ourselves into whatever we would like to be. We have, as Justice Kennedy wrote in the Obergefell decision, a right "to define and express [our] identity." That is the purpose of therapy, which asserts that healing comes from within, that man is the measure of all things, and our own sense of self-esteem and well-being is the gauge against which our behavior must be measured.
https://pjmedia.com/spengler/jordan-pet ... erapeutic/

But what do we do about it? There's a spate of world champions criticising JBP, but the important thing I can see is that he breached the front line of the world destroyers and rather than picking apart the phenomenon doing it - take advantage of it......'>.......

Yeah I can just imagine some hollowood type demanding that they be addressed "xir god almighty" Peterson's appeal is that he is eloquently able to argue that the "xir god almighty" is a spoiled brat with no clothes.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

lzzrdgrrl

Re: You pick your heroes from the list available, not the ones you want most......

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:20 pm

I haven't read many statements as profound as this. Fight me........
davidpgoldman wrote:My teachers wrote academic papers that perhaps 100 people in the world could understand. I write some academic articles that only a few people can understand, as well as popular articles that many people can understand. But the issue here is not the intellectual level, but what readers are willing to hear. Religion says: You are made in the image of God! You are in perpetual struggle with the absurdity of your mortal nature, and you must constantly transform yourself to keep the upper hand in this struggle. I ask: Why did nearly a million Americans die in the Civil War? Why did prosperous merchants and planters pledge life, fortune and sacred honor for American independence? Why do countries fight to the death in war, or at least to the exhaustion of their young men? These are not intellectually complex questions. On the contrary, they are simple, but they are deeply uncomfortable to think about. It's less disturbing to say: Keep your back straight, pet a cat, etc.....
I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:15 pm

The Death of the Ball Turret Gunner

From my mother's sleep I fell into the State,
And I hunched in its belly till my wet fur froze.
Six miles from earth, loosed from its dream of life,
I woke to black flak and the nightmare fighters.
When I died they washed me out of the turret with a hose.

Randall Jarrell